The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Belated Goodbye To Ced23Ric (Best Mod Who Ever Gave Me 2 Warnings) Sweet Memories Inside =**(

2ply

Dear Ceddy, 

I just got the news of your departure, and I have to say that I'm still working very hard to come to grips with the gravity of this situation.

The best way I can explain how I feel, if you can remember when they actually killed Superman in the comics...well this is like that but only without the other 5 Supermen they created afterwards.

In memory of your service I decided to stroll through our brief encounters, very memorable ones indeed.

I owe you a lot of thanks for being such a fair, considerate and experienced game moderator. You're experience with games and your ability to understand gamers and their needs (and conflicts) made you a SUPER moderator.

You always gave well thought out analytical reasoning behind any issue that would come up with sensible solutions that were balanced.

I can only imagine these are qualities that any game designer would want from their staff and from those who provide that invaluable resource that is game play feedback on a game in the beta phase.

So I shall commence with our short story.....

When I first met you Ceddy...you caught me breaking rules on my first forum post...that was way back in the day when I was attempting to drum up some buzz about this new clan I started called FLOW....you noticed I had posted the recruitment page in 2 places...and hit me with my very first WARNING post. 

I still have that warning...and to this day it has reminded me that you said:

14v4cvo.jpg

Later in our relationship I earned your approval...I made the recruitment thread right with the help of some tutors..and a therapist, my parole officer and lack of sleep. Comments and new members started to roll in and you said this....it was like the highlight of my entire life:

25p22s6.jpg

I have to admit....with the skyrocket of fun...and success I was noticing in the FLOW clan...I looked around and realized that we needed more diversity in our ranks. So in a bold move inspired by the hit movie Fatal Attraction and an evening of really trying to understand why Disney produces such talented twerkers...

So the idea to kick off a campaign to recruit ONLY FEMALE members for awhile was born...you know...for diversity so we don't look like "THAT CLAN"...you know the one that has no sense of equality....

Well...long story short, I guess the ladies in the office you work with and all those other people were mad at me.

Word on the street is it was because I produced such a provocative ladies' recruitment campaign that all their friends were ditching them on ladies night out to come and play Warframe with FLOW!

What followed was TONS of drama for about 2 days....and it all ended with my 2nd warning post by you and these lovely  posts:

j13trt.jpg

I fixed it below because it was clearly just a HUGE misunderstanding....right?!

2j30he9.jpg

Sad to say but this was pretty much the full extent of our wonderful relationship.

But I have to thank you for working with FLOW to correct the issue you may have had and other people most definatly had with my attempts to bring diversity to our clan...

I understand my error thanks to you, but I still think the problem was centered on "girls night out" and other group activities that were being crushed due to our free void runs after 7pm specials!

You could have easily just ripped down all the fun, hard work, and the art that is on the FLOW recruitment thread.

However you understood as a human and a moderator who had been keeping tabs on our progress...so you sparred us, and even went to bat for us with the angry staff members who you had to report to.

You were civil and cool through the entire transition very PRO indeed. 

You will always be my favorite moderator....but if any of you moderators our there want to become a CLOSE RUNNER UP...YOU CAN START BY REMOVING THESE 2 WARNINGS I HAVE.....for the past NEARLY 5 MONTHS!?

When do these things fall off?

In Closing I want to thank you again sir for being a part of the creation and the salvation of:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/41230-join-flow-to-become-300-hotter-mature-content-warning/?p=399849

Edited by 2ply

FLOW Member here. Damn our recruitment page is like its from 95. Ced should have gave you a warning point that alone 2ply...... I guess that would have been bending you over and that would have made you 4ply. 

Anyways, Ced, thank you for your moderation of the forums. It's really appreciated that a community mod put so much time into making this the place it is.

LOL...

This is like a bad behavior leader board......and did you notice they misspelled "behavior"

I thought you could only get 3 warning posts before you got the BAN HAMMER.....

Is this legit..or is someone really clever with photoshop?

XD

1842076-3K2GLLI.jpg

In memory.

LOL...

This is like a bad behavior leader board......and did you notice they misspelled "behavior"

I thought you could only get 3 warning posts before you got the BAN HAMMER.....

Is this legit..or is someone really clever with photoshop?

XD

I was given 3 days for abusive behaviour and another 3 days for admitting to ban evasion

I was given 3 days for abusive behaviour and another 3 days for admitting to ban evasion

lol..dude you are like a repeat offender...

they need to offer you some community service and an outreach program for the criminally insane.

lol..dude you are like a repeat offender...

they need to offer you some community service and an outreach program for the criminally insane.

Yep, I'll be glad to hold newbie's hands once they leave Terminus as community service. I offer helpful advice such as 'meleeing the green ancients gives bonus exp'

Ahh I still remember when Ced randomly closed my thread because someone copied a paragraph out of my OP and made their own thread about the same topic. (I totally have been waiting for months for a good reason to post that lol)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/78791-de-its-time-otw-server/

Ahh the good ole days

Edited by theclinton

(edit: by 2ply link to theclinton's suggestion for a Test Server)

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/78791-de-its-time-otw-server/

This is actually a really good idea to cut down on all the need for the developers to stay late at work...to come in on an emergency change...to constantly say "I'm sorry" about all the little things that go wrong when new things are released.

Like you suggested long ago Clinton, a OTW, or test server that can be used to sample changes by volunteers from the general community would be the ideal solution to all these issues.

I think now with DE's success BOOM...and all the backing that is flowing in from the community and *cough* SONY *cough* I think that DE could manage to either rent additional server space for this type of project or perhaps if the numbers are starting to stagnate they may have the space currently on the servers in place.

Good suggestion!!! 

I believe Ced would approve!

This is actually a really good idea to cut down on all the need for the developers to stay late at work...to come in on an emergency change...to constantly say "I'm sorry" about all the little things that go wrong when new things are released.

Like you suggested long ago Clinton, a OTW, or test server that can be used to sample changes by volunteers from the general community would be the ideal solution to all these issues.

I think now with DE's success BOOM...and all the backing that is flowing in from the community and *cough* SONY *cough* I think that DE could manage to either rent additional server space for this type of project or perhaps if the numbers are starting to stagnate they may have the space currently on the servers in place.

Good suggestion!!! 

I believe Ced would approve!

I thought it would be a good idea too, but nothing came of it. I saw that sameone else recently suggested the same thing. Ced shoulda unlocked my thread as his final act as a forum mod lol. Maybe someone else can just copy and paste my post and make their own thread about it.