The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Belated Goodbye To Ced23Ric (Best Mod Who Ever Gave Me 2 Warnings) Sweet Memories Inside =**(

2ply

I talked to Ced ingame, and he didn't evne wanna just play around.

He is so fed up with DE that he is waiting for bigger releases such as Citizen Star (Or Star Citizen) so he can get a taste of a true space game.

I feel bad for him, 60+ days of volunteer work of NOT playing the game, just to be told he isn't experienced enough to talk about issues in the game.

Star conflict? 

The scenery is amazing.

Edited by W4RM4CHIN3

Funny story, that. They are supposed to disappear. Turns out they don't. I honestly don't know the whole story behind what is up with that.

To the best that I'm aware all of us Comm Mods agreed we'd treat them like they do disappear. No reason for a month old petty infraction to become a big deal.

^ He is case in point.

oh? and what if we know someone who was banned on the basis of a month old petty infraction?

does the ban get retroactively lifted if your quote is cited?

oh? and what if we know someone who was banned on the basis of a month old petty infraction?

does the ban get retroactively lifted if your quote is cited?

Depends. The more permanent call isn't typically made without approval of lady lotus. Got a specific user in mind? No sense beating around the bush.

Hayden11121, on 29 Sept 2013 - 8:44 PM, said:

I talked to Ced ingame, and he didn't evne wanna just play around.

He is so fed up with DE that he is waiting for bigger releases such as Citizen Star (Or Star Citizen) so he can get a taste of a true space game.

I feel bad for him, 60+ days of volunteer work of NOT playing the game, just to be told he isn't experienced enough to talk about issues in the game.

At this point in the game, I don't blame him. I found more enjoyment out of helping a few brand new players through parts of Venus while telling them stuff they had no clue about, such as fusing mods, how to parkour, sliding spin slash, etc.

Looks cool, but seems like Star Conflict v2.0

From what I've seen people talking about it is actually closer to EVE Online. I wont pretend I have any grasp of the full scope of what that game is going to shape up like. I'd be pretty stoked if it was good.

Scope is much bigger then anything in Star Conflict.

From what I've seen people talking about it is actually closer to EVE Online. I wont pretend I have any grasp of the full scope of what that game is going to shape up like. I'd be pretty stoked if it was good.

Been waiting for this game for a while. My dad said the creator made some old space game that he really loved. Forgot the name though.

Been waiting for this game for a while. My dad said the creator made some old space game that he really loved. Forgot the name though.

I believe, in that video I linked, the guy mentions the game you are probably talking about.

Take a look through that youtube channel. The whole thing is dedicated to the development of that game. Plenty of stuff to take a peek at if you have some spare time.

The creator is Chris Roberts, the "father" of the space genre in video games.

He made Freelancer and Wing Commander, and a few others I forgot.

The company is Roberts Space Industries.

The creator is Chris Roberts, the "father" of the space genre in video games.

He made Freelancer and Wing Commander, and a few others I forgot.

The company is Roberts Space Industries.

Ah yea free lancer was the game! I still got the disk laying around somewhere still consider it my favorite space game of all time. Space rangers comes it close and 2nd place.

He gave me one.

I'll keep it. Forever.

Just to remember those good old times.

I've got two from Ced and one from Rebecca.  Irony here though, even though I was told within the warning message on two of those that the warnings would dissipate on their own (May and Jun of this year), they still show up as active.  Then the real kicker.  I get told that if I get another warning (this was in September) that I would be banned from the forum.

Funny part.  I got one warning for saying someone was being $&*&*#(%& and another for calling someone stupid.  Personally, I think it is both stupid and $&*&*#(%& that I still have those warnings.  But that's just me.

This link here will help you: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/28672/guide-to-star-citizen-aka-summary-of-lore-interviews-and-everything-2-0

Please don't ban me for Forum Crosslinking. :)

I've got two from Ced and one from Rebecca.  Irony here though, even though I was told within the warning message on two of those that the warnings would dissipate on their own (May and Jun of this year), they still show up as active.  Then the real kicker.  I get told that if I get another warning (this was in September) that I would be banned from the forum.

Funny part.  I got one warning for saying someone was being $&*&*#(%& and another for calling someone stupid.  Personally, I think it is both stupid and $&*&*#(%& that I still have those warnings.  But that's just me.

Apparently, there is a glitch in the Forum Software which prevents Warning Points from dissipating or something.

Well, I got one warning from Ced because I copied someone's spam, and he edited his post afterwards.

And my 2nd warning comes from Blatantfool, who gave it to me because I said ''Scr** you''.

He said to me that even if I was just kidding, I should keep my language clean.

Those warnings should've disappeared already, but I'm definitely going to keep 'em, so I don't do the same S#&$ again.

Apparently, there is a glitch in the Forum Software which prevents Warning Points from dissipating or something.

Yeah, there's definitely a glitch.  Not that DE's forum administrators could care.  After all, it's not them with the warnings.

Well, I got one warning from Ced because I copied someone's spam, and he edited his post afterwards.

And my 2nd warning comes from Blatantfool, who gave it to me because I said ''Scr** you''.

He said to me that even if I was just kidding, I should keep my language clean.

Those warnings should've disappeared already, but I'm definitely going to keep 'em, so I don't do the same S#&$ again.

How ironic!  I've seen far worse being said in threads where the foul language is still present months later, even directly in the title of the thread.

Heh. Let's share our stories!

My first warning was from Ced because I was baited into a troll (I was new to forums and was very inexperienced at that time) and made some remarks that were rather...racist.

My second warning was from BoogieMan because I forgot the rules and posted about a Cancer Fundraiser which looks more like Business Solicitation.

My third warning was from BlatantFool because of excessive anger and foul language (Mostly an overreaction).

The ComMods have helped me become a better person and I no longer overreact to things.

All 3 Warning Points are still there after 3 months.

Edited by Rengakun

Okay, but seriously. I get real sick and tired of hearing (mostly Mexican immigrants) claim that it is their right to have every stupid little thing posted in both English and Spanish so that they can read it despite the fact that they reside in the United States. These game forums are no different. Get a clue and realize that you don't have a right to jack and if DE doesn't want to both with the hassle of setting up and moderating yet another forum section for another language, then that is "THEIR (DE's)" choice.

Hey there,

Such commentary is neither necessary, nor tolerated. Your borderline racist remarks are not appreciated. Please refrain from badmouthing other players just because of their mother tongue. This warning is a reminder of your transgression and will dissipate on its own if you don't gather more warnings.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Warning issued by DERebecca for Abusive Behaviour in Profile.
Given 1 points - expired.

You are allowed to debate maturely in our public forums, but you cannot insult people because you disagree with them. This warning is temporary and will be removed after 24 hours - remember to keep your arguments on topic and not resort to calling other people "stupid."

**This is where I insinuated that another forum poster was using a "Hammer of Stupidity".**

Warning issued by Ced23Ric for Abusive Behaviour in De: Please Increase The Size Of Thread Titles.
Given 1 points.

Asking DE permission to call OP $&*&*#(%&.

Hey there,

please don't insult other members. Additionally, please don't use the word "$&*&*#(%&", as it is offensive to special needs people and families.

Thank you.