Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I gotta pick up a stylus, keep fat fingering things.  I've visited so many profiles on accident because I was trying to open a thread.

I used to browse the forums on my phone, then they changed the forum UI and that went out the window (while it still works, its quite clunky compared to the old style). Though i dont have issues with fat fingering, despite using the desktop format, just have to zoom in a lot.

If anything reddit is more annoying at it, as when you press on a thread it moves everything down a notch so you miss the intended target (because its expanding the box in some way).

1 minute ago, Nova-XI said:

I used to browse the forums on my phone, then they changed the forum UI and that went out the window (while it still works, its quite clunky compared to the old style). Though i dont have issues with fat fingering, despite using the desktop format, just have to zoom in a lot.

If anything reddit is more annoying at it, as when you press on a thread it moves everything down a notch so you miss the intended target (because its expanding the box in some way).

I browse on my phone a lot.  (Easiest way to tell, I don't use .gifs and typos are rampant)

9 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I browse on my phone a lot.  (Easiest way to tell, I don't use .gifs and typos are rampant)

Gifs can be rather easy to use on a phone, its just a matter of finding them :3

Though autocorrect is a mortal enemy (next after hostage).

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Yeah, college books are insane.  Have you looked into the digital versions, or if they have free ones available?

https://openstax.org/

I suck at reading PDF's so i always go after the physical book, though sometimes it can be aquired used from prevouis students. Only annoyance is most of them are soft backs and if you want a hard book, the price is often the double (or in that general ballpark).

Just now, Nova-XI said:

I suck at reading PDF's so i always go after the physical book, though sometimes it can be aquired used from prevouis students. Only annoyance is most of them are soft backs and if you want a hard book, the price is often the double (or in that general ballpark).

I do a lot better with a physical book as well, but I can't bring myself to spend that much money for it lol 

I wind up hand writing some passages to help remember them.

So glad I'm not taking any courses that require books at the moment.  I'm lucky that my medical coding course is simply a refresher course, haven't had to look anything up, yet.

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

I do a lot better with a physical book as well, but I can't bring myself to spend that much money for it lol 

I wind up hand writing some passages to help remember them.

So glad I'm not taking any courses that require books at the moment.  I'm lucky that my medical coding course is simply a refresher course, haven't had to look anything up, yet.

While the linked site is quite nice in itself, my subjects is beyond its scope heh, i also have the "luxury" of government paying students though out their education.

36 minutes ago, Nova-XI said:

Indeed, they help you getting through and then you pay back through tax when you are finished.

Sounds amazing. 

Here you have to take out loans.  You can get ones from the government but aren't given the option to allocate part of your taxes to their repayment. Unless you don't pay then for like, 5 years, then they take your tax return lol

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Sounds amazing. 

Here you have to take out loans.  You can get ones from the government but aren't given the option to allocate part of your taxes to their repayment. Unless you don't pay then for like, 5 years, then they take your tax return lol

Read so much about loans and how they cripple the first couple of years on the job, just to pay them back.

9 minutes ago, Nova-XI said:

Read so much about loans and how they cripple the first couple of years on the job, just to pay them back.

Depending on the education, its the first decade or two.

Plus, most annoyingly, student loans don't do anything positive for your credit score.  You can pay early and extra every month but it won't up your score but, miss payments and it hurts it. 

So stupid.

I have found some colleges offer continuing education modules, mostly online, that are unaccredited and are cheaper by thousands of dollars.  I chose to do a CE course for $115 instead that gives me no credits (do get a certificate of completion) instead of the $3,000 accredited course. 

Same information, same entity offers the two programs.

7 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Depending on the education, its the first decade or two.

Plus, most annoyingly, student loans don't do anything positive for your credit score.  You can pay early and extra every month but it won't up your score but, miss payments and it hurts it. 

So stupid.

Ouch, its literally into the fire.

Edited by Nova-XI