The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

Memebase is roughly 1000+ pages of memetic images of all types. Yo Dawg, Philosoraptor, Can't Explain That, etc.
I think officially it is called Cheezburger.com, and reading the entirety of it will take much longer than reading the entirety of TV Tropes. Both of which are something of time-consuming black holes.

Memebase is roughly 1000+ pages of memetic images of all types. Yo Dawg, Philosoraptor, Can't Explain That, etc.

I think officially it is called Cheezburger.com, and reading the entirety of it will take much longer than reading the entirety of TV Tropes. Both of which are something of time-consuming black holes.

I work 5 nights a week in a 10x20 box with a business grade internet connection doing nothing. I got the time.

Edited by Noamuth

http://www.cheezburger.com/
Have fun.

If I didn't leave TV Tropes link all over the place, I'd feel guilty for doing something like this.

Wait, forgot something

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Machinima/FreemansMind

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Mithril

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

There we go.
MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.cheezburger.com/

Have fun.

If I didn't leave TV Tropes link all over the place, I'd feel guilty for doing something like this.

Wait, forgot something

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Machinima/FreemansMind

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Mithril

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

There we go.

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Even our resident "gods" would have trouble going through all that, right?

Even our resident "gods" would have trouble going through all that, right?

Three pages? Not really.

But the sheer amount of knowledge, and the lure of power (knowledge is power, after all.)?

Aeons will be wasted on TV Tropes. Learning the meaning, the method of placing tropes, where the tropes are used and used notably, how to use tropes yourself...

There is no escape from TV Tropes. It draws you in and drains you of life, feeding it anew for the next aeon.

Memebase is just a humor site, so it's far more benign than TV Tropes. The latter is an informal web of knowledge presented so you don't need an english degree and several scientific degrees just to know what the first paragraph means.

Those sites, I mean. Then again, If one were omniscient, there would be no need for any of that which would be known, everything being the subject, and therefore, no time wasted. To such a being, a thousand years would pass in but a second.

And therein lies the problem of omniscience. If you know everything, where's the surprise? I'd purposely limit my omniscience to things that are important, like jerks trying to end existence so I can drop a hammer of deus ex machina on their Alpha-Dollar-Dollar.

It's the subtleties one must enjoy.
If not, *beep* you, you're the guy who spoils every movie by telling everyone the ending, you stuck-up bastard.
Bloody omniscient prats. *more angry mumbling*

And therein lies the problem of omniscience. If you know everything, where's the surprise? I'd purposely limit my omniscience to things that are important, like jerks trying to end existence so I can drop a hammer of deus ex machina on their Alpha-Dollar-Dollar.

It's the subtleties one must enjoy.

If not, *beep* you, you're the guy who spoils every movie by telling everyone the ending, you stuck-up bastard.

Bloody omniscient prats. *more angry mumbling*

I think that beings such as that would desire, if possession of such a feeling were to exist, a place where their knowledge had little meaning. Or reason. Or culture. Or form. inB4 Cthulhu.

I can't grasp the meaning of what you said just then.

Knowledge is power. I have lots of pointless power that somehow comes in handy later on.

I am Chekov. Fear my arsenal.

For precisely the reasons you just mentioned, Knowledge, and power, in that respect, become insignificant in the face of desire. If a god ever had a mere mortal psyche, he would be driven insane after being thrown into boredom.

Too much higher thinking going on here.

Why did I only bring one enchilada for lunch?  I keep doing this to myself.  ;-;

to avoid overeating? or just your brain that thinks it only needs one while the abdomen wants more!

I can't grasp the meaning of what you said just then.

Knowledge is power. I have lots of pointless power that somehow comes in handy later on.

I am Chekov. Fear my arsenal.

im semi fat, fear mah belleh

to avoid overeating? or just your brain that thinks it only needs one while the abdomen wants more!

im semi fat, fear mah belleh

Kind of yes to all?

I ate last at 17:30 today, enchiladas (my brothers GF made two pans.  o.o) and I'm about to break into my sole enchilada at 01:45...  I've only had a glass of apple juice and one string cheese between those two times.

For precisely the reasons you just mentioned, Knowledge, and power, in that respect, become insignificant in the face of desire. If a god ever had a mere mortal psyche, he would be driven insane after being thrown into boredom.

The problem with mortality is that we feel like we never have enough time to do something great, something meaningful, or that we regret that we may never see what occurs in the future.

The problem with immortality is that we see everything, know everything, have been to everything, eventually. At some point, patterns cease to change, they just become another pattern with no difference. Empires rise and fall. Planets form and break. Suns shine and die. Immortals will see it all, and it will never change. The ultimate pattern is Create, waste, decay.

To a nihilist, this'd be the biggest 'told you so.'
To me, I'd say 'Shut the hell up you non-existential death-seeker, I have been here longer than you have. The largest lie is that existence will end one day. Get your head out of the void and into the very matter of existence. You may be Joor, your time may be Zah, your creations may be Frul, but MAKE THEM LAST AS LONG AS YOU CAN! Life is not about moping, it's about lasting as long as you can! Go out there and make some changes! Go out there and make monuments! Make mountains! Make monuments out of mountains, I don't care! Leave your impression on this world, no matter how small, no matter how large! You do not die until you are forgotten, and existence will never be forgotten!'

I lost my train towards the end there, but...meh.

Kind of yes to all?

I ate last at 17:30 today, enchiladas (my brothers GF made two pans.  o.o) and I'm about to break into my sole enchilada at 01:45...  I've only had a glass of apple juice and one string cheese between those two times.

if i was you i would om nom it :3

USE YOUR MIND! OPEN UP THE NEURAL PATHWAYS! ENCOURAGE FREE THOUGHT!

FIND NEW WAYS, NEW SOLUTIONS! DON'T BOTTLE UP YOUR INTELLECT!

LET! IT! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *Dissolves into energy before exploding*

*Engages Belly flop*

Edited by Aeon66

The problem with mortality is that we feel like we never have enough time to do something great, something meaningful, or that we regret that we may never see what occurs in the future.

The problem with immortality is that we see everything, know everything, have been to everything, eventually. At some point, patterns cease to change, they just become another pattern with no difference. Empires rise and fall. Planets form and break. Suns shine and die. Immortals will see it all, and it will never change. The ultimate pattern is Create, waste, decay.

Which is precisely why your definition of a god will desire mortals, and mortals will always seek to immortalize themselves. And the compromise does not lie within the pattern.

In fact, there is no "ultimate" pattern because the one thing that disproves that is that which ceases to be created, destroyed, or percieved is alleged to exist. But the question is, then, did such a thing even exist in the first place? Could we even call the said un-object a thing? That which is not, in fact, in the space, but around it? That, in my mind, is the closest thing to god we'll ever even come close to perceiving AS "god" besides ourselves. The fact that we can be aware of that fact we're thinking about our thoughts solidifies the latter statement, (ourselves) if you follow my chain.

Talking to you has been quite enlightening. I have to throw in the towel, but I'll say that this was enjoyable. Cheers, and help yourself to some tea in my dimensional pocket.

Which is precisely why your definition of a god will desire mortals, and mortals will always seek to immortalize themselves. And the compromise does not lie within the pattern.

In fact, there is no "ultimate" pattern because the one thing that disproves that is that which ceases to be created, destroyed, or percieved is alleged to exist. But the question is, then, did such a thing even exist in the first place? Could we even call the said un-object a thing? That which is not, in fact, in the space, but around it? That, in my mind, is the closest thing to god we'll ever even come close to perceiving AS "god" besides ourselves. The fact that we can be aware of that fact we're thinking about our thoughts solidifies the latter statement, (ourselves) if you follow my chain.

Talking to you has been quite enlightening. I have to throw in the towel, but I'll say that this was enjoyable. Cheers, and help yourself to some tea in my dimensional pocket.

Earl Grey, if you have any.

Milk, two sugars.

Also, I think what you are saying is that giving perception of belief to something allows it to exist, regardless of it's dimensional properties. Hence why hypercubes exist.