Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give us customizable crosshairs

Oldskinzz

The targeting reticle / crosshair we have can get rather difficult to see at times. This can happen during intense firefights especially with weapons and skills producing lots of shiny particles, it makes aiming rather difficult.

Perhaps it's time to incorporate user customizable crosshairs? Many other first person shooter games have done this years ago.

Examples of customizations I'd like to see for crosshairs:

1. Colour (preferably with a combination of different colours for outline and fill, since this helps when dealing with different backgrounds)

2. Design. Some may prefer a simple cross, others something more elaborate.

3. Size: Whether a Tenno prefers a tiny dot or a giant cross completely filling up his screen, let him/her have it.

4. Brightness: Again a matter of preference.

Comments welcome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

While it would be a fun feature, many of us have learned to use the ones we are given for years. It is was something I had to pay for, I would opt out and keep the standard ones as I personally never had a issue. 

I'd consider it more of a QOL user interface improvement rather than fun, as it's to improve visibility of the crosshair. No doubt some fun aspects can potentially be added as well but that's more of an optional thing. Could be worth considering by the developers too.

If it comes to a choice of paying for something over getting it for free, there's no question what most would choose. This being a free to play game with paid features though, it's very much up in the air whether DE would make it free.

Personally I wouldn't mind paying some plat for this but considering it's more of a user interface improvement I'd say a happy middle ground would be to have some basic customisation free to everyone, eg. A couple of crosshair designs and colours free but with other, premium versions costing a fee to get. This is inline with what appears to be DE's current modus operandi, for instance warframe customisation. Basic colour change free, nicer and cooler designs costing plat or money.

Up for this. They can make it similar with the UI theme, plat purchasable. Something like, the most basic options we can have (free by default) is color settings of outline and fill, opacity and size. If you want a different looking crosshair then they can make it purchasable with plat.