The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issue with Garuda's Claws (+some issues)

-EPECb-

On 2020-01-13 at 2:08 AM, -EPECb- said:

...Ivara can use her Bow on these missions, Titania can too use her own weapon. This is discrimination!  😠
dislike thumbs down GIF by Wiz Khalifa

Well to be fair, those are exhaulted weapons. They eat energy while they're up.
However Garuda's claws don't

But neither are they considered a normal melee weapon since she can't bring them melee only sorties or mastery rank tests.

DE when are you gonna fix these stuff? Its already bad enough that her kit is messy enough.

Edited by Shaburanigud
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

upd 28

General Changes:

• Slight reduction to Elemental FX on Garuda’s Talons.

Garuda’s Talons Changes:

• Damage increased from 180 to 248.
  • Status Chance increased from 30 to 36%.
  • Critical Chance increased from 10 to 20%.
Edited by -EPECb-

8 hours ago, -EPECb- said:

upd 28

General Changes:

• Slight reduction to Elemental FX on Garuda’s Talons.

Garuda’s Talons Changes:

• Damage increased from 180 to 248.
  • Status Chance increased from 30 to 36%.
  • Critical Chance increased from 10 to 20%.

Good changes. Would be solid for star chart. If it gets a riven would be competitive in end game. 

• Like 1

On 2020-06-12 at 5:16 AM, (PS4)thegarada said:

Good changes. Would be solid for star chart. If it gets a riven would be competitive in end game. 

... good changes, but her Claws are not unique. I'd love to take these Claws on missions with special conditions, but I can’t. They still make no sense without RM or something else.

upd 28

General Changes for Pets:

https://gfycat.com/ru/keywateryiberianchiffchaff

can't stop laughing

Edited by -EPECb-

8 hours ago, -EPECb- said:

... good changes, but her Claws are not unique. I'd love to take these Claws on missions with special conditions, but I can’t. They still make no sense without RM or something else.

It is not a skill, like exalted blade. It is meant as a melee weapon substitute. Its stats now is comparable to some strong melee weapons. Again, adding a riven would make it end game viable. Beside that, it is decent now.

1 час назад, (PS4)thegarada сказал:

It is not a skill, like exalted blade. It is meant as a melee weapon substitute. Its stats now is comparable to some strong melee weapons. Again, adding a riven would make it end game viable. Beside that, it is decent now.

...all this is good of course, but I still don’t want to use them. I have a melee weapon that will be more interesting than the Garuda's Claws. They are not unusual. Instead of permanently raising characteristic of this Claws - DE need to come up with something special for them. Or remove them completely from Garuda. Exp for their pumping is still not given anyway.

Edited by -EPECb-

2 hours ago, -EPECb- said:

...all this is good of course, but I still don’t want to use them. I have a melee weapon that will be more interesting than the Garuda's Claws. They are not unusual. Instead of permanently raising characteristic of this Claws - DE need to come up with something special for them. Or remove them completely from Garuda. Exp for their pumping is still not given anyway.

Honestly, I would rather remove them. I was thinking it is a free melee weapon if you get Garuda early in the game. But some parts require higher level bounties. If you can do these already, you are not getting Garuda for a free melee weapon. Even with the higher stats, I would never use them beside for fun. But I can say that about all my weapons with the exception of a few 🙂

Garuda's claws are at the very last place on my list of weapons at the moment. I absolutely do not understand them as a weapon and I am not alone. Nobody runs missions with them ... absolutely nobody! And increasing their characteristics will not change anything. It is unfortunate that the DE do not understand this (

On 2020-06-19 at 7:22 AM, Aeon94 said:

I have been playing with Garuda Hinsa skin and noticed that she is missing Dread Mirror skin. Not only colouring is hard with different textures and materials of Deluxe Skin and base Dread Mirror, she also feels incomplete without matching Dread Mirror. Hope it gets added into the game.

ArtStation - Garuda, deluxe skin. Warframe., Arsen Asyrankulov

On 2020-06-12 at 9:41 AM, (PS4)thegarada said:

Yes but she can neither bring it to a melee only sortie/mission and so forth.
Really hope DE fixes that part in the near future.

Also, on a personal note, I wish her 1's damage scaled with her Claw build so that neither the damage of her 1 or the claw itself wouldn't be so redundant.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Update 31.2.0 

1 час назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

GARUDA ABILITY CHANGES

The crimson maiden of death has been streamlined for more satisfying butchery! With a focus on adding more maneuverability and deadliness to the queen of gore, the following changes have been made:   

Passive
Killing enemies (including assists) now increases damage by 5% up to 100% and drains by 1% every 2 seconds. Kills stall the drain for 5 seconds. This is reflected in a new UI icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen. 

364aa5fd3df893e3923b683c2691748a.jpg

Dread Mirror

• Dread Mirror’s projectile will now auto-throw when Energy drains completely from charging. 
  • Added new Dread Mirror’s projectile directional animations while charging mid-air before releasing. 
  • Dread Mirror’s projectile can now be charged while sprinting. 
    • New floating animations have been added to support the full sprint blood casting fantasy! 
  • Garuda will now be invulnerable while traveling to the target. 
  • Doubled the damage scaling of the projectile while throwing. 
  • Adjusted the position of the projectile damage numbers to be lower on the mirror so that it doesn’t go offscreen as often. 
  • Increased the turn speed of Dread Mirror when not aiming. Dread Mirror turn speed is also now instant while aiming. 

Blood Altar

• Garuda will now be invulnerable while traveling to the target.

Bloodletting

• Bloodletting now clears Status procs when cast. 
  • Slightly increased Energy gain from 35% to 40% of Garuda’s Energy pool. 

Seeking Talons

• Doubled base damage from 150 to 300 at max. 
  • Seeking Talons can now be charged without holding the cast binding for the entire duration. Either tap for a hands free charging that will auto release, or hold for manual charging. 
  • Slightly reduced max charge time. 
  • Added new Seeking Talons directional animations while being charged mid-air before releasing. 
  • Seeking Talons can now be charged while sprinting. 
    • New floating animations have been added to support the ultimate blade summoning ability.
  • Garuda is now invulnerable while casting Seeking Talons until it is fully charged. 

Garuda Fixes: 

Edited by -EPECb-

+++

Garuda: Dread Ward
Before: Become unkillable for 5 seconds when Dread Mirror kills a target by ripping its life force.
New: The invulnerability duration has been increased to 8 seconds. Dread Ward also has new visual feedback when casted.

• 1 year later...