Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extreme Lag For Us Clients With Canadian Host

theMatherson

The most recent person that claimed they were having extremely bad lag said they were from Oregon, so I just did a speed test there and this was the result.

2982826975.png

It's been pretty constant for every session that I've hosted, people often leave outright because of it. So either a lot people have poor internet, or it's being caused by something else.

I too have run into this problem.  I live in Toronto, and whenever I'm hosting public games everyone complains about how bad the lag is. Last night during a defense alert none of the people I was with could even see the enemies.

I have good internet, so I don't know what the problem is.

i am pretty sure it depends on both host connection and the non host player. I have had times where i am host and some people cannot play the game with the lag and then there is someone beside them with a buttery smooth connection. I am also on both sides when i am a non host some games lag and most are butter.

have you tried lowering your ping cap setting in the options? it helps a bunch when not wanting a laggy arse game

PS i am in central Canada

Edited by OvAeons

Guest DeadGoanna

I'm in Australia and go for Oceanic. 

The same thing happens to me it's a 50/50 when it comes to laggy games. The worst one was around a 8 second delay. 

I don't have the best connection but definitely don't have the worst. 

I would try what OvAeons said, lower the ping settings and give that a whirl. 

Since the last two hotfixes, a lot of people have been experience lag while being in a party, regardless of how good the ping of the host is. Tested it several times in a row by joining game with the ping limit set to 100ms.

Players teleporting around, their models standing and running on the spot. Containers and doors being opened by ghosts, because you cannot see your allies.

That sort of thing. Never experienced anything like it before this patch.

• 1 month later...

Until about three days ago, my experience with lag was generally limited to middle of the day and early evening. For the most part it could be blamed on my rather slow internet speed and the few obvious reasons why I would lag need not be stated. Three days ago a lag from oblivion began on my connection that far surpassed anything  I had dealt with before. I'm not talking about two or three second lag, but rather an entire lag shutdown in game. It starts anywhere between the moment the match begins, and fifteen minutes after. Once it starts there is simply nothing I can do but run around aimlessly, unable to participate in the match at all. I cannot pick up drops, and while I can see myself attacking, I'm not actually doing anything. I can't go through doors, or interact with the environment at all.

This is much worse than anything I've experienced before, with about a 80/20 chance of lagging, versus being able to play. The only thing that is not affected at all, is solo play, which I've started doing on a regular basis, otherwise I can't play at all. From what I have gathered from the various sources around the web, this problem is affecting many players after the last event within Warframe, even players with connections fifty times greater than mine, with no explanation. In reality I don't expect a response much less a fix, but I was hoping someone could tell me something new to try, else I will have to stop trying to play the game altogether.

Thanks in advance