Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stellar_Seeker's Idea dump.

Stellar_Seeker

So I've finally decided to bite the bullet and make a thread for my own fan concepts.

Let's start this off with a random weapon design of mine I've had laying around for a while: The Fulgrok

(I'll probably make a proper table of contents for this later once I actually have enough stuff to warrant one)

imageproxy.php?img=&key=32844a51822c982addbwmjg-37dda2c4-ebc9-4946-8463-cb7e41db

(If the image is busted go here instead )

“The Grineer sciences' crude attempt to harness natural phenomena, the Fulgrok is devastating against machinery of all kinds.”

Accuracy: 44.5
Mag: 5
Status chance: 26%
Trigger: Semi-Auto
Critical Chance: 10%
Critical Multiplier: 1.8x
Range: 25m
Damage: 400
    Electric: 310
    Magnetic: 50
    Radioactive: 40
Fire Rate: 2.5
Reload Time: 2.4 seconds
Hitscan

Special Traits:
Chain Lightning: Enemies hit by the Fulgrok will chain lightning to all enemies within 16 meters of them.

(Splat format shamelessly stolen from the excellent work of Fluffywolf36)

Basically, it's a Grineer Lightning Gun, and a semi-auto version of the Amprex. I dunno, something about blasting things with wild, nigh-uncontrollable lightning strikes seems like a very Grineer thing to do.

Edited by Stellar_Seeker
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

I would go with a charged trigger (like the opticor) for a weapon like this. (Just so the weapon could make a cool sound while charging, it also you allow for higher base damage without braking weapon balance, also charged lighting)

17 minutes ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

Electric: 310
    Magnetic: 50
    Radioactive: 40

Elemental weapons usually only have one element , can't see a compelling reason to mix damage types on this one

19 minutes ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

Chain Lightning: Enemies hit by the Fulgrok will chain lightning to all enemies within 16 meters of them. 

Place a target cap , all enemies within a 16 meters radius is way too strong.

I can't seem to reply to your post directly without the forum eating my reply for some reason, so in order:

1. TBH I don't really like the feel of charge-trigger weapons in Warframe. They feel cumbersome and imprecise to me, so semi-auto it is.

2. The magnetic damage comes from how lightning can mess up unprotected electronics, and the radiation damage comes from how lightning is technically a form of plasma, which is usually represented as radiation damage in WF,

3. It's doing what the Amprex does, but with a longer range to compensate for the fact that it's not a continuous beam.

1 hour ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

1. TBH I don't really like the feel of charge-trigger weapons in Warframe. They feel cumbersome and imprecise to me, so semi-auto it is.

Ok this one is matter of taste.

2. The magnetic damage comes from how lightning can mess up unprotected electronics, and the radiation damage comes from how lightning is technically a form of plasma, which is usually represented as radiation damage in WF,

Fallowing that logic any weapon that does explose damage would also do Fire damage as well.I,m pretty sure there is mo weapon that does 2 types of elemental damage on a single instance of damage( the weapon may do difente types on diferent instances of damage, for example the projectile does x type of damge and the explosion does Y)

3. It's doing what the Amprex does, but with a longer range to compensate for the fact that it's not a continuous beam.

I agree that the Amprex is superior, because it can abuse corrosive procs and Hunter Munitions (this allows it to deal with high lvl enemy’s ) . But Fulgrok has unlimited range, this weapon would clear maps at records speeds, since a single shot would clear the entire room. As the weapon has no self-damage, this would lead to insane clear speed. Additionally, this weapon can abuse primed shred, in most tile sets it is pretty common for enemies lining up, and for each lined-up enemy this weapon would proc the passive.

(I still can't quote people, apparently. So I'm gonna do what I did earlier.)

1. Pretty much.

2. That's a fair point. I've been considering a perk which causes a magnetic proc to happen whenever a status proc happens, for fluff purposes

3. Like the Amprex, the Fulgrok's chain lightning has damage falloff, so it's not that overpowered.

I'm back for more, and this time I have two weapons to show off: The pump action Corpus shotgun "Cursor" and the automatic combat rifle "Viator"Corpus Reinforcements: Cursor and Viator by MurderosZdska

Intended to replace the Dera and Detron for higher-level corpus units, the Cursor is naturally a primary counterpart to the Detron that essentially acts like the shotguns from the Half-Life Series. And pointedly not speaking of the Half-Life series, the Viator is clearly not in any way a reference to the so-called "Universal Union" AR2 battle rifle. 

I'll be adding more details (stats, fluff, etc.) later on, but cheers.

EDIT THE FIRST: The stats for the Cursor.

“When a Crewman absolutely, positively needs something as dead as possible, they use a Cursor.”

Accuracy: 14.4
Mag: 12
Pellet Count: 10 
Status chance: 30%
Secondary Trigger: Semi-Auto (Consumes two rounds of ammo)
Critical Chance: 15%
Critical Multiplier: 1.9x
Damage: 
    Radioactive: 300 (30 damage per pellet)
Fire Rate: 3.0
Reload Time: 0.8 seconds (per shell) +1.8 seconds (beginning and ending reload animation)
Projectile-based

Special Traits:
Both Barrels: The secondary firing mode of this weapon consumes two rounds to fire off double the amount of pellets (scales with mods)
Pump Action: Each round of ammunition must be individually loaded in.

Augments:
Cartridge Overloader: Secondary fire becomes charge instead of semi-auto, consumes multiple shells to multiply the amount of pellets launched. (3 rounds consumed = 3x the amount of pellets, etc).

So I like how the shotguns in Half-Life functioned. They felt meaty, and I wanted to replicate that feeling in Warframe. Stats are based off of the Mara Detron, since the mods for shotguns aren't, on average, as strong as the mods for secondaries.

Not sure how you get the Augment, but given the amount of devastation it could wreak, it's gonna be hard.

EDIT THE SECOND: Viator stats up and running.

“Finding the Dera to be increasingly ineffective in the face of the myriad threats of the Origin System, Corpus scientists created the cutting-edge Viator as its replacement. Any inquiries, requests, or death squads sent by one ‘Universal Union’ are to be passed to management and otherwise ignored.”

Primary
Accuracy: 80
Mag: 100
Status chance: 20%
Trigger: Automatic
Critical Chance: 20%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Damage: 60.0
    Impact: 10.0
    Puncture: 35.0
    Slash: 15.0
Fire Rate: 10.25
Reload Time: 2.2 seconds
Projectile-based

Secondary
Accuracy: 100
Mag: 100
Status chance: 25%
Trigger: Charge (Consumes 10 ammunition per second)
Critical Chance: 10%
Critical Multiplier: 1.7x
Damage: 600.0
    Puncture: 350.0
    Radiation: 250.0
Fire Rate: 2.5
Reload Time: 2.2 seconds
Projectile-based
Homing
Splash Damage:
    Radiation: 100
    Radius: 2m

Totally not a riff on the Combine Overwatch AR2, the completely unique and original Viator is an automatic battle rifle issued to Corpus Crewmen stationed in more dangerous areas of the Origin System. The primary fire is a slightly less accurate counterpart to the Dera, with higher overall stats to compensate

The secondary fire switches the Viator to its secondary fire, which--well, it operates like how that new missile Arch-gun is supposed to operate; paints a bunch of targets and then lets loose a barrage of homing projectiles to wreck face. The Viator’s homing projectiles take 10 rounds from the magazine and deal 10 times the damage of the primary firing mode, to create a total of 10 homing projectiles. I’ve decided to leave the secondary’s trigger type as “Charge” for now since I don’t know if the new Arch-gun has a new trigger type. Just assume the charge is how long painting all the targets takes or something.

Edited by Stellar_Seeker

23 hours ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

(Splat format shamelessly stolen from the excellent work of Fluffywolf36)

Don't even trip, dawg! 😛 It's fine.

Basically, it's a Grineer Lightning Gun, and a semi-auto version of the Amprex. I dunno, something about blasting things with wild, nigh-uncontrollable lightning strikes seems like a very Grineer thing to do.

...A lightning DMR? I don't believe I've ever seen that. Anywhere. If you've got any other ideas for lightning weaponry, take a look at Kuzman from Spacelords. I didn't know it was possible to make that many variations on the lightning gun, but life is funny that way!

Honestly, I get what you mean. The problem, I think is that they don't quite fit what Warframe is. It's high-speed, quantity-over-quality, hordes everywhere. So charge weapons, unlike in Gears of War or Titanfall, are naturally at a disadvantage. A good charge weapon is genuinely hard to do, cause I'm used to being able to dish out immediate damage.  

That said, I do like the Opticor Vandal, (And Opticor, at least after adding Primed Shred) Drakgoon, and Dread. I used to hate the Angstrum's auto-charge trigger, then I bought the Prisma Angstrum (which charges so fast that it might as well be semiauto) and it was amazing how much crispier it felt.

I'm back for more, and this time I have two weapons to show off: The pump action Corpus shotgun "Cursor" and the automatic combat rifle "Viator"Corpus Reinforcements: Cursor and Viator by MurderosZdska

Intended to replace the Dera and Detron for higher-level corpus units, the Cursor is naturally a primary counterpart to the Detron that essentially acts like the shotguns from the Half-Life Series. And pointedly not speaking of the Half-Life series, the Viator is clearly not in any way a reference to the so-called "Universal Union" AR2 battle rifle. 

I'll be adding more details (stats, fluff, etc.) later on, but cheers.

These look pretty cool!

The Viator's stat spread has been added to the post. Additionally: a new weapon!

Corpus Nikana the "Luxura"

Scan0039 by MurderosZdska

A little bit less substantial content, here, since the melee system in Warframe is in the process of a glacially slow overhaul and I don't have enough details to throw together some crunch.

This is the Luxura, a Corpus Nikana powered by an Ayatan Star (that thing in the middle of the hilt) and styled after a combination of Orokin and Corpus aesthetics. Lore-wise, it's a showpiece meant for Corpus elites to grandstand over, but it can be used as a proper weapon just fine... the only problem being that the blade itself is incredibly fragile

The general idea behind the Luxura, mechanics-wise, is that it has absurd damage potential but the player needs to manage resources to keep it deadly, otherwise the damage will drop dramatically (the blade dulling and breaking). Proper stats and stuff will come as SOONtm as Melee 3.0 arrives.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

The Viator's stat spread has been added to the post. Additionally: a new weapon!

Corpus Nikana the "Luxura"

Scan0039 by MurderosZdska

A little bit less substantial content, here, since the melee system in Warframe is in the process of a glacially slow overhaul and I don't have enough details to throw together some crunch.

This is the Luxura, a Corpus Nikana powered by an Ayatan Star (that thing in the middle of the hilt) and styled after a combination of Orokin and Corpus aesthetics. Lore-wise, it's a showpiece meant for Corpus elites to grandstand over, but it can be used as a proper weapon just fine... the only problem being that the blade itself is incredibly fragile

The general idea behind the Luxura, mechanics-wise, is that it has absurd damage potential but the player needs to manage resources to keep it deadly, otherwise the damage will drop dramatically (the blade dulling and breaking). Proper stats and stuff will come as SOONtm as Melee 3.0 arrives.

I too have delved into the depths of ornamental Corpus stuff that's often used as weaponry. I think we should both spend some time poking around in there...

No artwork for today's installment, gotta get my scanner all set up again (I have just enough professional pride in my work to not use phone photographs, but not too much to wait until I have it set up to make a post).

So, the Corrupted! They are the most "who cares" faction in Warframe, which is saying something since the Infested exist. I've got a total rework for them in the works, with a new questline, syndicate, and more, etc. etc. in the works, coming, in classic Warframe fashion, SOONtm (as it turns out, writing new lore from basically scratch is very hard).

For now, here's a lore blurb, a new enemy type, and a new melee weapon.

"Everyone knows that the Corrupted aren't so much an active faction in Origin System politics--if you can call them that--as they are an environmental hazard; the result of dumb, greed-crazed Corpus or Grineer sauntering their way into an Orokin Tower and falling victim to its Neural Sentry. And then there's whatever happened to that old nutter Vor... but I digress.

Anyway, there's something strange about allit, if you think: What is the Neural Sentry, and why is it called 'the' Neural Sentry if there's supposed to be so many Orokin Towers in the Void? I got a funny feeling that I don't want to be there when someone finds out."

-Anonymous Rail Agent

With that tone setter out of the way, let me introduce the Orokin Domovoi:

Orokin Tower Heavy Defense Drone 'Domovoi' by MurderosZdska

(Crunch RE stats and armor types will be added later, once I think on this stuff more.)

Abilities (I have this stuff down, though):

Blade Launch (Domovoi fires one of its Aileans at an opponent)

Blade Spiral (Domovoi fires all of its Aileans in a radial six-way spread surrounding it; warps all active Aileans back to it)

Blade Autopilot (Domovoi sends an Aileans out to target an enemy, where it will behave as if it was being used by a Specter with the Wise Razor stance.)

Blade Dervish (Domovoi spins its six Aileans around it, knocking back enemies with a shockwave; warps all active Aileans back to it)

Neural Jack (Domovoi will charge at an enemy and grapple them with hidden cables; its collar will open up, and use a proboscis to embed a Neural Jack into them, turning them into a Corrupted unit, and, if used on a Tenno, mind-controlling the Tenno for ten seconds in multiplayer, or dealing a lot of damage and a magnetic proc if done in solo play). If it's used on Spoiler Mode, it instantly kills them via taking their head into their collar-jaws and snapping their necks. No real reason why it does this, I just thought it'd be unnerving to see.

Attack Pattern:

First off, the Domovoi and its Aileans are considered different enemies under gameplay mechanics, with their own HP bars. When a Vesta loses all HP, it becomes inert for several seconds, before regenerating to full HP and returning to the Domovoi. At full HP, the Domovoi stays at long range, firing Orokin Drone projectiles at enemies and then casting, in this order, a Blade Spiral, six Blade Launches, and another Blade Spiral, before returning to firing off projectiles. Whenever an enemy gets close to it, it will cast Blade Dervish and dash away. Once it hits 50%, its pattern changes; now, it casts six instances of Blade Autopilot and then a Neural Jack, before firing more blaster projectiles and then using Neural Jack again; it will repeat until death.

And now, the weapon you get from killing Domovoi: The Ailean.

[This is where the picture goes once I have it]

"Deliver death with a blade ripped from the wings of a fallen angel".

Since I can't really give any splat for this weapon (because Melee 3.0), it's basically a two-handed nikana that's better than the Tatsu.

The Domovoi are very heavily inspired by this fanart/fan concept of Orokin Drone-themed enemies, and Bayonetta angels, because those things are a coat of cyborg away from being Orokin robots and just cool in general.

Edited by Stellar_Seeker
  • Like 1

as it turns out, writing new lore from basically scratch is very hard

Considering I basically rewritten the entire Grineer and Corpus in my thread, I feel you. But it's also fun!

Corrupted rework is something I wanna tackle as well at some point, but I'm eager to see your perspective on them.

The Domovoi is a nice one for sure. Very exquisite and sophisticated. Which is perfect for Orokin, naturally.

Also, thanks for showing me that old thread of those drones, they look awesome. And I like seeing awesome things.

(as it turns out, writing new lore from basically scratch is very hard).

Heh. Tell me about it. Writing new lore that's also canon-compliant is even harder. 

So, the Corrupted! They are the most "who cares" faction in Warframe, which is saying something since the Infested exist.

It's funny cause it's true! 

"Everyone knows that the Corrupted aren't so much an active faction in Origin System politics--if you can call them that--as they are an environmental hazard; the result of dumb, greed-crazed Corpus or Grineer sauntering their way into an Orokin Tower and falling victim to its Neural Sentry. And then there's whatever happened to that old nutter Vor... but I digress.

Anyway, there's something strange about allit, if you think: What is the Neural Sentry, and why is it called 'the' Neural Sentry if there's supposed to be so many Orokin Towers in the Void? I got a funny feeling that I don't want to be there when someone finds out."

-Anonymous Rail Agent

I really like the style of it. Ever read anything by Mardin of Chatzuk? He writes this hella dope Destiny microfiction. And this... this kinda reminds me of something he'd write. Here's an example I quoted below. 

“Anyway, at this point I don’t think it’s real.” “Dunno. We’ve seen stranger Cabal loot, weapons included.” “That’s just it. Those fine pieces coming back from the Leviathan — those’re totally different. Specially crafted for our hands. Whatever this...

“Anyway, at this point I don’t think it’s real.”

“Dunno. We’ve seen stranger Cabal loot, weapons included.”

“That’s just it. Those fine pieces coming back from the Leviathan — those’re totally different. Specially crafted for our hands. Whatever this guy was waving around, it wasn’t some fancy stuff like that. Rugged. Heavy. Chunky. Not pretty, but serious-looking.”

“You said it had Red Legion markings on it. Maybe he kitbashed it with Cabal bits?”

“That’s what I would’ve guessed from looking at it, but he insisted he found it as is on the body of some Cabal officer in the Infinite Forest… And of course he wouldn’t let me take a closer look. Actually he seemed pretty paranoid all around, and kinda out of it. Must’ve been in there a long time.”

“Hm. I always have my ghost run a timer and tell me to get out after a few hours. Figured it wouldn’t be good to spend too long at a time in Vex simulation hell.”

“Probably not, but maybe that’s what you’ve gotta do to dig up unusual stuff like that piece.”

“So you do think it’s real?”

“At this point… don’t friggin’ ask.”

(D.F.A. w/ Veist Poison Shimmer)

The thing that's great about Mardin's work is that asks questions that we'd think ("Why are Veist guns so spiky? How does this thing make any sense? Why does Calus do this?") and that Guardians would think, too. Sometimes, it backs up the first question with the second thing by bringing up how it'd affect Guardians, too. It gives it all a really grounded feeling, cause so many times it feels like things that anyone could say, including you. That's right. You, the person reading this. 

With that tone setter out of the way, let me introduce the Orokin Domovoi:

This... I like this. A unique Corrupted enemy! I literally only just realized this but we don't have that at all! 

Plus it'd inspire the same sense of fear I got back when Nox guns laughed in the face of your shield (I kind of miss that 😞 - it was something that'd really put me on edge and force me to play more agile). Cause this was something that inspired fear, in part because it was so unique as an enemy. It kinda reminds me of the time back when Irrational Games was developing Bioshock Infinite and they released the "Heavy Hitters" series of videos. Their concept of the Heavy Hitter was an enemy that would be strong enough to shake up your complacency, on the basis that the game would be really samey without them. (It really would have been!)

"Ai yo, Surah, where did you find that? ...You don't know what that is, Tenno? Well, let Hok tell you--Pedlek, I'm trying to tell a story here, you Ito-da-brained Glappid! ...Anyway, what you've found is the remains of a weapon dating back to the times of Karifamil, a gift from the legendary Thousand-Year Fish to the Ostron. To even see such a relic- Tenno, kruna metta, give it to me, so I may restore it to its rightful glory."

- Ostron Merchant Hok

Ostron/Sentient Hybrid Gunblade "Cthon"

Ostron/Sentient Hybrid Gunblade 'Cthon' by MurderosZdska

You ever notice that there's no gunblade zaw? Well, I decided, instead of making my own Zaw part, to dive into the D E E P L O R E of Warframe and create an Ostron-themed Gunblade.

The way to unlock this weapon is to find and scan a Fragment out in the Plains of Eidolon, and then talk to Hok. He'll add the BP to his wares as a Rank 5 item that costs 10,000 standing to purchase.

As you might be able to tell, this is the arm of a Sentient Battalyst modified with Ostron Zaw materials and a Radian Sentirum crystal. Given that the "Thousand Year Fish" mentioned in the Codex is heavily implied to be related to the Eidolons in some way, I felt that it was appropriate.

Mechanically, I can't go too deep into what the Cthon does stat-wise, but I can say that it deals mostly impact damage and the charged attack/gunblade firing attack shoots a Catchmoon/Arca Plasmor-type projectile that deals radiation and puncture damage, and has some innate punchthrough to it.

Also, it can use Exodia Arcanes.

Edited by Stellar_Seeker

12 minutes ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

Mechanically, I can't go too deep into what the Cthon does stat-wise, but I can say that it deals mostly impact damage and the charged attack/gunblade firing attack shoots a Catchmoon/Arca Plasmor-type projectile that deals radiation and puncture damage, and has some innate punchthrough to it.

PLASMOR GUNBLADE?!

...Keep doing what you're doing. That's awesome.

Grineer Arch-Gun "Birrt"

Grineer Arch-Gun 'Birrt' by MurderosZdska

"The Birrt is creatively named for the sound it makes when it fires."

I had 5 hours of sleep last night and concentration will slowly disperse my soul to the four corners of the Earth, so here's a new weapon from me.

(Expect this pattern to continue. I have a lot of backlogged art I can and need to post.)

So Warframe has a conspicuous lack of miniguns for us to unleash fiery leaden death upon our foes with, which is where the Birrt (and you gun nerds out there should be quick to figure out why it's called the Birrt) comes in. It's a Grineer Arch-Gun/Heavy Weapon that has a... well, stats'll come later when I can think straight. Aside from the stats, the unique thing about the Birrt is that you can use it in ground missions without installing a Gravimag; instead, you need to install a Gravimag to use it in space-based missions, since it's a weapon designed for use in ground-based missions.

Kuva Gunners would have their Drakgoons replaced with this, since it never really made sense why the strongest Grineer variant of the machine gunner gets a shotgun. The BP probably drops from them too like with the Gorgon I guess.

Also I lied about the stats a little: It's an automatic weapon (duh) with the longest spool time of all weapons (not that long, but still) and a secondary fire that does nothing but spin up the barrels to 'pre-spool' the weapon.

5 hours ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

So Warframe has a conspicuous lack of miniguns for us to unleash fiery leaden death upon our foes with, which is where the Birrt (and you gun nerds out there should be quick to figure out why it's called the Birrt)

Because "BRRRRZZZZZZ" would be too weird to pronounce? 😛

5 hours ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

Kuva Gunners would have their Drakgoons replaced with this, since it never really made sense why the strongest Grineer variant of the machine gunner gets a shotgun. The BP probably drops from them too like with the Gorgon I guess.

...that is weird.

8 hours ago, Stellar_Seeker said:

since it never really made sense why the strongest Grineer variant of the machine gunner gets a shotgun.

They aren't machine gunners, they are heavy gunners.

Also, Kuva forces prefer "lower firerate, bigger punch" weapons in general. It's their theme. Notice how even generic Lancers use Kohms instead of Grakatas.

2 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Also, Kuva forces prefer "lower firerate, bigger punch" weapons in general. It's their theme. Notice how even generic Lancers use Kohms instead of Grakatas.

Hmmmm...

That reminds me. I was thinking of an idea for a Metal Storm-like pump-action shotgun to be used by Kuva Lancers, as inspired by this.

Looper-Looper-s-Blunderbuss-1.jpg

There's something weirdly endearing about how crude it is.

21 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

They aren't machine gunners, they are heavy gunners.

Wait, really? I never noticed.

That's an interesting theme they have going on there... hmmmm.