Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it worth it to switch platforms?

MadnessBomber

Question

I've been on PC for 3 years... Spent over $500 at least on primes and plat, worked at least 150 hours (been a while since I checked) on the game, I got Rivens that murder, a colorful ship with decorations all over, an Operator I'm actually happy with and AMP I'm good with, and rank 23 with enough experience to rank up again. 

And my computer broke. I have no money to buy a new one, even a used computer. 

But I have a PS4, and people I'm friends with play on PS4 instead of PC. Should I just abandon my PC profile and move to PS4? I don't even think I got past Vor's Prize yet on PS4. But I don't see myself getting anywhere near enough money for months, no, at least a year, and I want to play with my friends for a change... But at the same time, I spent so much time and effort on PC...

Edited by MadnessBomber

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

Ouch.

any other options to replace your PC?  Rent-to-own or something?  Personally, I’d be trying to get the Pc going.  How did yours break?  You should only have to replace the broken part.

It's a laptop, which already had the part that broke replaced. It literally only worked for a couple days before completely failing again. As for how it broke, it just got old. The fan went out basically. Thanks to that, I can get about 10 minutes of Warframe in if I'm lucky before my computer completely shuts itself down from overheating. 

1 hour ago, SephirothWS said:

Depends on if the PC is a desktop or a laptop. ... Lappies tend to get on the expensive side due to the smaller form factor of the components within...

Laptop, sadly...

50 minutes ago, (PS4)ScionXB2gen said:

Why can't you play console until you have the money to upgrade/replace your PC?  It doesn't have to be a permanent switch over. The game will probably be still around when you finally get it fixed. 

I know, it's just that it feels like I lost so much progress and money from this. Like... You had a bunch of work done in a game, then suddenly, the save is completely wiped and you have to start from scratch. Wouldn't that annoy you to the point of not even wanting to play?