Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Mission Directors

MeIancholy

Okay, so. The Lotus has left us -- No, stabbed us in the back. She can't guide us through our day-to-day missions anymore. How is this fixed? Ordis cosplays as the Lotus, our enemy. I say, nay. We deserve better. What better way to satisfy all parties (players, voice actors, the development team) than by introducing new mission directors to purchase with Platinum? Here's what I had in mind, and how Digital Extremes could profit off of it.

--THE CONCEPT--

Introduce a new category in the Marketplace in "Companions" for 'mission directors'. Players can purchase one of several 'directors', which features several prominent characters from the Warframe universe, that will act as the 'leader' of the mission, informing players of lockdowns, incoming squads, or ask them if they would like to extract from the mission.

During unique missions, such as the ones that illustrate the main story, the mission director will default back to Ordis-Lotus.

--EXAMPLE MISSION DIRECTORS--

Both Teshin and Darvo are fully capable of directing missions, as they have done so before. And I personally adore Teshin's voice. But I would also enjoy hearing these voices as alternative to the Lotus'.

• Ordis
  • Cephalon Simaris
  • Cephalon Cy
  • Baro Ki'Teer
  • Nora Night?

Maybe, just maybe, Ordis could also emulate voices of non-ally characters!

• Hunhow

--HOW EVERYONE BENEFITS--

Players pay for new mission directors, because the Ordis-Lotus is slightly repetitive. Money goes to Digital Extremes, whom pays their voice actors. It's not rocket science.

Just please, for the love of god, if we can't mute Ordis-Lotus, at least give us some more options.

3 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

Steve stated during the mogamu interview stream

Reveal hidden contents

that with the new war we will no longer have fake lotus that will go away.

No S#&$? Wow. You think it'll be just straight-up Ordis and fake Lotus shows up only during story replays (or a menu option)?

2 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

Maybe just straight up ordis though during tennolive steve stated that we will have to help lotus choose to stay with us her new family or go back to her old one. So maybe she will come back.

To me she's still a traitor so she'd better come up with a convincing sob story if she doesn't want full penetration from my rank 40 anti-mommy-sword. >:c

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, MeIancholy said:

To me she's still a traitor so she'd better come up with a convincing sob story if she doesn't want full penetration from my rank 40 anti-mommy-sword. >:c

giphy.gif

I mean, the character who's admitted that people have been rummaging around in her consciousness might not be reliable and/or lucid right now.