Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The State of Vauban

Grizmoore

Let's just dive in with the fact that there is nothing that Vauban is the master of anymore, mainly because who cares about keeping any enemies alive when the best CC is killing them. The game is far more centered on damage than it use to be and to counter balance this Vauban's abilities should be moved more towards dealing more damage and fortifying positions and allies. Not only would this fit more into the current state of warframe but it would also make him more in line with his namesake Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban, a french engineer and tactician whose doctrines were more leaning towards the use of siege warfare and fortification. 

Let's break down his current toolkit as I see it now. 

1 - Tesla Mines

Tesla mines as they are deal negligible damage, and have low status chance at base, and in Charging it removes the ability to spam them to cause any significant damage

2 - Traps

A: Bounce 

Only practical use is to annoy teammates and protect interception terminals. 

B: Shred

Would be nice if it worked on boss enemies and world boss enemies. otherwise a corrosive projection is a much nicer and quicker solution to higher armor values.

:c Trip Laser

Stuns enemies but deals no damage sometimes causing enemies to go unnoticed during defense missions

:d Concuss

Not really sure when this one could be useful. Seems more than just a little niche. 

3 - Bastille

Decent CC that is ultimately made useless by high energy cost and low number of enemies effected. 

4 - Vortex  

IMO his best ability, can be used to secure multiple points. too bad it costs so much energy. and deals very low damage 

Passive is a small damage buff to cc'd enemies.

So all in all these abilities are pretty neat, but fall short of accomplishing too much. All of them need something changed. I have a few ideas

1 - Tesla Wire

Lay down a tripwire that applies electricity status and deals damage 

(Just a general idea, really his tesla mines just need something changed, they're boring to use and if you want to utilize any other part of his kit they end up being fairly weak)

2 - Turret 

Throw down a turret which doubles as an exalted rifle weapon. targets enemies by how close they are to Vauban. 

3 - Enhanced Ammo Pouch

Throws down an ammo bag that contains enhanced munitions. Increases crit multiplier and status chance for primary and secondary weapons. 

4 - Vortex

Mix old Bastille and vortex. hoist multiple enemies into the air. and drag them to a central point before detonating. Must have line of sight on enemies. (Will avoid getting enemies stuck in spawn rooms)

Passive : Aura that increases that chance of energy orb drops if enemies are killed while affected by 1 ore more statuses  

Edited by Grizmoore
Decent points about tesla wire

While i do agree he need complete rework/buff

I against the idea of removing cycle skill (Vauban 2nd)

Vortex does not need more damage, it need bigger range and more status proc (such corrosive)

Trip Laser is pretty niche on holding enemies in any other mission except defense, combined with 15 Tesla + Augment, it can kill pretty well (Level 70-80)..

Bounce is useful on interception, but high duration vortex (with augment) beat bounce by alot

All projectile is too slow

2 hours ago, Gruiz said:

While i do agree he need complete rework/buff

I against the idea of removing cycle skill (Vauban 2nd)

Vortex does not need more damage, it need bigger range and more status proc (such corrosive)

Trip Laser is pretty niche on holding enemies in any other mission except defense, combined with 15 Tesla + Augment, it can kill pretty well (Level 70-80)..

Bounce is useful on interception, but high duration vortex (with augment) beat bounce by alot

All projectile is too slow

I agree with allot of this, but it gets really clunky with cycling his 2. If all of them were semi useful it would be a different story, and while you can kill things with his abilities 70-80 that build often has allot of problems with general survivability. I propose to not make him a damage master, but keep the overall tactical nature of vauban and instead focus on making him support his allies. 

4 hours ago, Rhino.Prime said:

TFW my vauban has a 20,000x damage multiplier

I think you're saying this as a joke, but it wouldn't be any stranger than a 1mil + gara shield. While totally busted it could work in favor of seeing more people use vauban. 

7 hours ago, Grizmoore said:

I mean you could just bring a MOA, but I'm not against the idea of something like Khora but with moas

The Moa would be mobile is the main thing, unless you want to make Vauban only a defense frame.

7 hours ago, Grizmoore said:

I think you're saying this as a joke, but it wouldn't be any stranger than a 1mil + gara shield. While totally busted it could work in favor of seeing more people use vauban. 

I am not saying this as  a joke, my vauban literally has a 20,000x damage multiplier

its not an exploit or a bug

its what happens if you actually care to minmax and find cool game mechanics.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Care to share your build then? Cause im calling slight bs 

Arca titron
With Vauban(8 procs + stealth multi from vortex, no passive calculated)

No Riven, No Headshot
42.94967296x 6 x (3.8+8)=3,040.83684557x Damage

No Headshot, with Riven
42.94967296x 13.278 x (3.6+8)=6,615.31478773x Damage

No Riven, with Headshot
42.94967296x 6 x (3.8+8) x 4=12,163.3473823x Damage

With Riven, With Headshot
42.94967296x 13.278 x (3.6+8) x 4=26,461.2591509x Damage

Using vortex with my arca titron, you dont really need a set build
also for those who complain about stealth multi, i didnt say i didnt use it

Edited by Rhino.Prime

1 minute ago, Rhino.Prime said:

Arca titron

No Riven, No Headshot

No Headshot, with Riven

No Riven, with Headshot

Interesting. Well, cant say ill ever use that playstyle but if it works for you have at it 👍

1 hour ago, Rhino.Prime said:

Arca titron

No Riven, No Headshot

No Headshot, with Riven

No Riven, with Headshot

The point of his rework should be to have actual use out of specific situations. That's why he's in a tight spot now. He use to have one good mission type and that type is gone.

If you could link a video showing damage numbers that would be pretty rad with a screenshot of the whole build it would be appreciated as well.

Edited by Grizmoore

7 minutes ago, Grizmoore said:

The point of his rework should be to have actual use out of specific situations. That's why he's in a tight spot now. He use to have one good mission type and that type is gone.

If you could link a video showing damage numbers that would be pretty rad with a screenshot of the whole build it would be appreciated as well.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/466962783179636766/603625404586000414/2019-07-24_11-29-23.mp4

On 2019-07-24 at 12:32 PM, Rhino.Prime said:

I mean okay, but this is just showcasing how great the weapon setup is for a not so quick melt. Not a good showcase of Vauban's specific abilities being used to achieve that type of damage. Many other frames can get similar numbers. his 20% helps, while cool, not really useful.

-edit

We need to see the build being used aswell

Edited by Grizmoore