Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration Survival

Lazarow

Arbitration survival is a fixed 10minutes per rotation which is a lot compared to other mods which can be done in less time. So my idea is on life support pickups the timer gets increased by 5 seconds per life support module(or even 3seconds is fine i think), its just to reduce the time needed for this mode so it can be completed faster and in similar time compared to other arbitration modes.

Even though it's not as bad as Defense or Defection, Survival is also a mode I don't bother with. Staying 1h is way less rewarding than putting in the effort of staying the same time for modes such as Excavation, Interception or Infested Salvage. To me, at least.

And to add insult to injury it I mostly see Defense or Survival showing up. More than all other modes. Which is disappointing since I do like Arbs.

3 hours ago, Lazarow said:

Arbitration survival is a fixed 10minutes per rotation which is a lot compared to other mods which can be done in less time. So my idea is on life support pickups the timer gets increased by 5 seconds per life support module(or even 3seconds is fine i think), its just to reduce the time needed for this mode so it can be completed faster and in similar time compared to other arbitration modes.

you meant decrease?

also before you compare modes, consider defense.
==================================================
but the aim in your idea could hold value in a different way and in other missions (which you probably wont like because it seems you want it to be easier).

people want a challenge out of Arbirations and also for it to be more rewarding
here's a thought
Survival rotation time decreases by 60sec for every 10min you DON'T use life support, down to 5min
Defense rotation wave decreases by 1 for every 10 waves you complete but enemies level increases by 3, down to 3 wave rotation

Edited by 5p33dy_01

1 minute ago, Lazarow said:

No, if you decrease time then lets say you at 5:00 and if it decreases it would go backwards to 4:55, while when it increases it goes forward so at 5:05

ok, i misunderstood, however, im sorry your post doesnt really make sense, even if it is what im understanding, its a bit pointless with those suggested increases.

20 life support will give you 50sec or 30sec, using the default spawn time of 90sec for the life support (not sure if arbirations is longer) thats 30min and your challenge is 50sec or 30sec added,
on top of the 10min
or if you mean to reduce the rotation to 5min and then apply the 50sec or 30sec and that's after you have sat there for 30min (even lower values for less time).

either way the value is not enough to even be considered as a change to the mode.

survival life support is only meant to get you by, if it starts to get to the point you are using more than you can sustain from kills, its time to consider extracting.

14 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

ok, i misunderstood, however, im sorry your post doesnt really make sense, even if it is what im understanding, its a bit pointless with those suggested increases.

20 life support will give you 50sec or 30sec, using the default spawn time of 90sec for the life support (not sure if arbirations is longer) thats 30min and your challenge is 50sec or 30sec added,
on top of the 10min
or if you mean to reduce the rotation to 5min and then apply the 50sec or 30sec and that's after you have sat there for 30min (even lower values for less time).

either way the value is not enough to even be considered as a change to the mode.

survival life support is only meant to get you by, if it starts to get to the point you are using more than you can sustain from kills, its time to consider extracting.

Then back to what everyone is asking and taht is 5minute arbitration rotation with even further increase in difficulty. Whatever works as logn as its faster 10 minutes is too long 

51 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Then back to what everyone is asking and taht is 5minute arbitration rotation with even further increase in difficulty. Whatever works as logn as its faster 10 minutes is too long 

10min is fine to start off with.

people are complaining about the reward vs time.
look at it realistically, and compare it with normal survival rewards, you get more out of 10min in arbitrations than 2 rotations in normal (why do people even bother with normal).

by going by what everyone wants is 5min high reward, then there would be no difference to normal (other than drones) in terms of difficulty.

people need to indicate exactly what they want.
take arbitrations out
compare all normal missions, you will get the same result just with less objective values.
2 excavators 3min vs 5min survival
2 phase interception at least 3min vs 5min survival
2 defection vs 5min survival

arbitrations is pretty much the same just double
2 excavators 6min vs 10min survival
etc

the only thing that people are complaining about seems to be rewards vs time, making survival 5min, makes it by far the easiest mode with huge rewards.
when you actually crunch the numbers over long periods, you can see that it needs a change, since the enemies get harder, which is why i suggested challenges to reduce the time for rewards

1 hour ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

people want a challenge out of Arbirations and also for it to be more rewarding
here's a thought
Survival rotation time decreases by 60sec for every 10min you DON'T use life support, down to 5min
Defense rotation wave decreases by 1 for every 10 waves you complete but enemies level increases by 3, down to 3 wave rotation

maybe 10min for the challenge is a bit much... make that every 5min for 60sec reduced

Edited by 5p33dy_01
  • Like 1