The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Performance Issues

Beryliberries

Since the Jovian Concord’s release, I’ve felt my performance go down quite signifigantly. My laptop’s model is known for high temperatures and needing undervolting, but ever since the Jovian Concord has released, temperatures easily go up to 80-85 degrees Celsius, spiking sometimes to 90. This is more than most other graphically demanding games. Not only that, but FPS drops have become common. I know a few others are now having performance issues, but I’ve been having them for a while. No matter what settings I change, I only get about an extra 10FPS at most, sometimes none at all. Has anyone else had similar issues like this? After investigating with many other games I believe Warframe is the actual issue here, as all my other games stay at a consistent 60 or higher FPS with temperatures in the low 70s. 

20 hours ago, Beryliberries said:

I’m not sure. How would I be able to tell?

usually it is a bios setting, intel turbo boost significantly boosts cpu performance but can ofc also cause a hefty temperature hike as trade-off, if you do a quick google for "intel turbo boost registry tweak" there is a reg entry you can add which adds the option to disable turbo boost from control panels power options.

There are many sites with the registry entry you need to add if you wish to do so via windows or cant find the option in your bios, you are after something like this which will let you download the required .REG file, https://www.geeks3d.com/dl/show/10060

Best option is bios ofc.

On 2019-08-01 at 10:32 AM, Methanoid said:

usually it is a bios setting, intel turbo boost significantly boosts cpu performance but can ofc also cause a hefty temperature hike as trade-off, if you do a quick google for "intel turbo boost registry tweak" there is a reg entry you can add which adds the option to disable turbo boost from control panels power options.

There are many sites with the registry entry you need to add if you wish to do so via windows or cant find the option in your bios, you are after something like this which will let you download the required .REG file, https://www.geeks3d.com/dl/show/10060

Best option is bios ofc.

Thanks, I’ll see what I can do. Appreciate the help!