Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build for Soma Prime

AntonLebedev

Question

Hello guys!
As Soma Prime is one of the best primary weapons for me, I decided to make a build which is possible to kill opponents starting from 50-60. 
I tested this build yesterday with opponents 30-35 levels and Soma did it great.
What can you say about the build below? Should it be upgraded somehow?:
Go7EoBa.jpg

You'll want to have Hunter Munitions on that thing when building critical, because that way it'll constantly proc bleed everywhere, and that makes it viable even about level 100. Also, build if for Viral (Cold+Toxin), not Corrosive - it's damage is too low to be reliable gun for armored enemies. Viral proc will reduce target's HP to 50%, and combined with bleed, it will shred.

Edit: 0c6QDXG.pngSomething like that. Metal Auger can be swapped to Vigilante Armaments/Vile Acceleration when dealing with high level spread out targets.

Edited by CV514
added build image

4 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I mean.... it will work.... but hopefully you're going to change t once you have those mods upgraded.

But should I install some formas? Will it be enough if I put one Madurai for Vital Sense, one Madurai for Serration?
I want to include Hammer Shot in this build but there's no available space for that.

• Like 1

You're going to want Split Chamber at some point so yes another V will not be wasted.

Edit: Also Hammer Shot is the old school method of dealing with Armor. Still works fine but there's other methods slightly better. Serration, Split Chamber, Hammer Shot, Point Strike, Vital Sense, 90% Toxic + 60/60x2.

Edited by Xzorn

4 minutes ago, CV514 said:

You'll want to have Hunter Munitions on that thing when building critical, because that way it'll constantly proc bleed everywhere, and that makes it viable even about level 100. Also, build if for Viral (Cold+Toxin), not Corrosive - it's damage is too low to be reliable gun for armored enemies. Viral proc will reduce target's HP to 50%, and combined with bleed, it will shred.

Oh, okay. I will try Viral. Yes, I remember how somebody told me that Corrosive was not so good anymore.
I am trying it immediately, thanks.

7 minutes ago, SteKKoIsHere said:

What is "V"? :>>

V   = Madurai
--   = Naramon
D   = Vazarin

It's pretty common for players to use those symbols instead of saying the names esp old players.

2 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

V   = Madurai
--   = Naramon
D   = Vazarin

It's pretty common for players to use those symbols instead of saying the names esp old players.

I thought it was something another 😆
Okay, I will install two formas if it is so good 

11 minutes ago, SteKKoIsHere said:

Didn't know about Koneksi/Penjaga. When have these names been added? 🙂

I know the main ones were given names late 2014. 

Fusion Cores aren't a thing anymore though. They were replaced by Endo. EDIT: Except Legendary Cores I guess?

But yea, Split Chamber is a staple for all Primaries. Barrel Diffusion for Secondaries. They're total damage & Status Avg multipliers by making you shoot an extra free bullet. With Max Split Chamber instead of 1 bullet you shoot 1.9 ie 90% chance to shoot an extra. So almost double damage.

Edited by Xzorn

1 minute ago, Xzorn said:

I know the main ones were given names late 2014. 

Fusion Cores aren't a thing anymore though. They were replaced by Endo.

But yea, Split Chamber is a staple for all Primaries. Barrel Diffusion for Secondaries. They're total damage & Status Avg multipliers by making you shoot an extra free bullet. With Max Split Chamber instead of 1 bullet you shoot 1.9 ie 90% chance to shoot an extra. So almost double damage.

I don't imagine some primary weapon with no Split Chamber... just a guy above said that Corrosive wasn't so good for damage now. He said it's necessary to damage with Viral (Cold + Toxin)
Your opinion about Viral for soma now ?

39 minutes ago, CV514 said:

Edit: 0c6QDXG.pngSomething like that. Metal Auger can be swapped to Vigilante Armaments/Vile Acceleration when dealing with high level spread out targets.

Got it, I'm gonna try that one

41 minutes ago, CV514 said:

The thing is that I have only Cryo Rounds instead of Rime Rounds.

Is it gonna be good?

5 minutes ago, SteKKoIsHere said:

I don't imagine some primary weapon with no Split Chamber... just a guy above said that Corrosive wasn't so good for damage now. He said it's necessary to damage with Viral (Cold + Toxin)
Your opinion about Viral for soma now ?

The reason for the swap is Hunter's Munitions.

Soma has a very low status chance even with all those +%Status mods on it and the main status effects you want are Corrosive + Slash with the build I mentioned but Hunter's has a set 30% chance to produce a Bleed status effect any time you crit so when using Hunter's you'll get slightly less Bleed procs but you'll then double their potency with Viral status. One method attempts to strip down armor while also applying some bleed which ignores armor the other focuses on bypassing Armor entirely.

2 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Soma has a very low status chance even with all those +%Status mods on it and the main status effects you want are Corrosive + Slash with the build I mentioned but Hunter's has a set 30% chance to produce a Bleed status effect any time you crit so when using Hunter's you'll get slightly less Bleed procs but you'll then double their potency with Viral status. One method attempts to strip down armor while also applying some bleed which ignores armor the other focuses on bypassing Armor entirely.

Got it thanks

5 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I've just bought Hunter Munitions. Gonna try to use that mod. 
You say this increases the chance of status, yes? It'd be great if it's like this.

13 minutes ago, SteKKoIsHere said:

You say this increases the chance of status, yes? It'd be great if it's like this.

Hunters Munitions does not increase your status chance, it gives you a set 30% chance on crit to apply a slash/bleeding proc. This is separate from status, which for most weapons isn't the greatest, but for the Soma, its amazing, as the status chance on it is abysmally low (in this day and age) but also, because it applies itself separately to the target your shooting at. Meaning, like in his build above, you have a roughly 37% chance per shot (rough as its do to mulitshot you got that number but anyway) to provide a primarily Viral proc, and, separately, a flat 30% chance to apply a slash proc if you crit. As your firing the Soma with a crit built, more often than not it will be a crit, and do to the fact your firing so many bullets at once, youll likely riddle the target with Viral and slash procs.

The viral proc cuts there health in half, the Slash proc ignores armor/shields and bleeds them for a percentage of the damage dealt. As your running crit, the damage dealt is pretty high, so youll melt targets pretty well until late late game, and the only reason youll fall off is do to just the Soma's incredibly old damage numbers in general, an not do to the build. (but as he said youll probably get into the 100s before you really need to care to much)

So, that's a bit of a more in depth look at it than was probably needed, but hope it helps! 

18 minutes ago, SteKKoIsHere said:

It has a set 30% chance to produce a Slash status effect when you crit. If you crit 100% of the time then 30% of those shots will proc bleed in addition to the weapon's normal Slash proc chance. If you have the base 75% Chance crit Soma gets with Point Strike you will have a 22.5% Slash status chance added on.

Add in the multishot and you'd have (0..3) * (1 + 0.9) = 0.57 or 57% per shot for 100% Crit since you're now shooting 1.9 bullets on Avg. The mod is entirely dependent on the Crit chance on the weapon.

I updated the configuration. Look at the updated indicators of Soma. Specially I'm glad to see the indicator of Slash and Impact. Earlier it was 3.5 and 14.0. Gonna put Hunter Munitions in the empty slot. It seems to me it'll take whole day to upgrade Soma with 3 formas.
Compare to the Past:
boE0hoV.jpg

5 minutes ago, SteKKoIsHere said:

I updated the configuration. Look at the updated indicators of Soma. Specially I'm glad to see the indicator of Slash and Impact. Earlier it was 3.5 and 14.0. Gonna put Hunter Munitions in the empty slot. It seems to me it'll take whole day to upgrade Soma with 3 formas.
Compare to the Past:
boE0hoV.jpg

I recommend trying to max out that split chamber too, it shouldn't be too expensive and would make a pretty big difference in the overall damage