Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orb Vallis conservation is tedious

Daraqus

Hello. I was doing a conservation weekly for Nightwave and stuck into a problem that some animals in Orb Vallis like Pobbers and Sawgulls are hard to catch because they are annoyingly fast. Pobbers just pop from underground for 2 seconds and that's it they're gone, sometimes you didn't even see them and Biz says you're already late. Sawgulls cant seat for more then two seconds and constantly moving from one shroom to another while you struggling to climb to a spot to make a shot. Those hunts become so tedious and boring that I gave up on that Nightwave challenge at all. I'm not even taking in account that Corpus troops can mess up your hunt pretty easily. Please fix this.

PS: Also the game doesn't always swap the map prompts on a right animal, so I was hunting for Virmink and found Sawgull instead.

Edited by Daraqus

2 минуты назад, -AxHx-Vile сказал:

In the mean time...you can use Ivara for example to make them sleep and catch them while being invisible the whole time.

Does any insivible frame suitable for this? 

I remember I could catch pretty much all the animals using any frame before, probably there were some balancing changes. 

"PS: Also the game doesn't always swap the map prompts on a right animal, so I was hunting for Virmink and found Sawgull instead."

When you have the tranq rifle equiped it shows all of them. To narrow it down to X animal,have that animals lure equiped instead of the tranq rifle.

4 minutes ago, Daraqus said:

Hello. I was doing a conservation weekly for Nightwave and stuck into a problem that some animals in Orb Vallis like Pobbers and Sawgulls are hard to catch because they are annoyingly fast. Pobbers just pop from underground for 2 seconds and that's it they're gone, sometimes you didn't even see them and Biz says you're already late. Sawgulls cant seat for more then two seconds and constantly moving from one shroom to another while you struggling to climb to a spot to make a shot. Those hunts become so tedious and boring that I gave up on that Nightwave challenge at all. I'm not even taking in account that Corpus troops can mess up your hunt pretty easily. Please fix this.

PS: Also the game doesn't always swap the map prompts on a right animal, so I was hunting for Virmink and found Sawgull instead.

3 minutes ago, Daraqus said:

Does any insivible frame suitable for this? 

I remember I could catch pretty much all the animals using any frame before, probably there were some balancing changes. 

any frame will work, however, an invisible frame will help make it a lot easier for "Perfect" captures, and Ivara is the best frame to do it, due to sleep arrow and geared for ability range and duration (even animals that need 2 tranq shots, ivara sleep arrow is always only 1).

6 минут назад, 5p33dy_01 сказал:

any frame will work, however, an invisible frame will help make it a lot easier for "Perfect" captures, and Ivara is the best frame to do it, due to sleep arrow and geared for ability range and duration (even animals that need 2 tranq shots, ivara sleep arrow is always only 1).

Thanks for the hint guys 🙂

13 минут назад, HellVOps сказал:

"PS: Also the game doesn't always swap the map prompts on a right animal, so I was hunting for Virmink and found Sawgull instead."

When you have the tranq rifle equiped it shows all of them. To narrow it down to X animal,have that animals lure equiped instead of the tranq rifle.

Got it.

7 minutes ago, Daraqus said:

Thanks for the hint guys 🙂

you're welcome.

another thing about ivara sleep arrow, in the case of pobblers (or any packs), sleep arrow can get you all 3 perfect because of the AOE, tranq rifle will NOT, even IF you are able to hit all 3, because after the first 1, the other 2 start running away.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

31 minutes ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

another thing about ivara sleep arrow, in the case of pobblers (or any packs), sleep arrow can get you all 3 perfect because of the AOE, tranq rifle will NOT, even IF you are able to hit all 3, because after the first 1, the other 2 start running away.

While this is true, it does not count for Nightwave (only one does). It works perfectly for just standard Conservation though.

• I agree that Ivara is a good choice. Prowl + Sleep Arrow makes Conservation very easy.

27 minutes ago, krc473 said:

While this is true, it does not count for Nightwave (only one does). It works perfectly for just standard Conservation though.

• I agree that Ivara is a good choice. Prowl + Sleep Arrow makes Conservation very easy.

if people read the challenge, they should know this, which is why i didnt think i needed to specify it.

challenge requires 6 different types (although quest just says "different")
if your pack comprises of all 3 different types (which it wont, i think its not coded to spawn multiple types at once) then they would all count, as long as they are different types.
there is 3 types per animal.
common, rare and very rare, also all count as type.

you might as well get all 3 of a pack for the standing (more standing for perfect), regardless of nightwave.

Edited by 5p33dy_01

1 minute ago, 5p33dy_01 said:

if people read the challenge, they should know this, which is why i didnt think i needed to specify it.

I have discovered that this is expecting too much. You cannot expect people to read anything. I have seen far too many complaints in-game and on the forums about how getting perfect captures on the whole group only counts as one, and how this is a bug. I agree, it shouldn’t need to be specified, but it does.

If you need standing or tags, certainly get all three as perfect. If like me you are only on it for Nightwave, it doesn’t really matter.