Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix and nerf the damage of Corpus Grenade.

SprinKah

Currently the Corpus grenades cannot be destroyed after thrown and it also deals an abysmal amount of damage.

To put you guys into perspective, here's the numbers I got from testing:

Level 30 grenade damage:

Elite Lancer (which start spawning at lvl 15): 150

Trooper (which start spawning at lvl 1): 300

Elite Crewman (which start spawning at lvl 15): 450

Detron Crewman (which start spawning at lvl 1): 900 or even more (killed my Loki Primee with 660 health and 345 shield in one blast)

To let you guys know, DE changed the grenade apperances and damage after Fortuna or so to match with the 2 factions. Grineer one stayed the same sorta and I get that Corpus is more high tech but that damage is just too insane And the thing is it's only lvl 30, it will scale really crazily, to the point most of us have no choice but to die. 

It'd be cool if DE rework grenades a bit, giving them some kind of gimmick other thhan just flat damage. Put the damage of Grineer and Corpus grenades the samee as each other like when both factions used the same grenade as each other. But give them some kind of utility like Vortex for Corpus or something 

Edited by SprinKah
  • Like 1

Second the nerf. Was running a Neo Fissure just now with ZephyrP, Range+, Duration++, was standing inside an elevator with Turbulence going, heard the timer and thought to myself "ok, I may take some damage, but should be fine". I was very wrong. 1110ish shields and 400ish health was flat deleted.

I don't know how to make the grenades bearable, though the idea of soft CC (NOT another knockdown or "you can do nothing for 5s") would be cool. Maybe a lightweight flashbang? Not the Bursa one, but say flash and you get a double or triple image "burn-in" for a second then fades?

9 hours ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

Second the nerf. Was running a Neo Fissure just now with ZephyrP, Range+, Duration++, was standing inside an elevator with Turbulence going, heard the timer and thought to myself "ok, I may take some damage, but should be fine". I was very wrong. 1110ish shields and 400ish health was flat deleted.

I don't know how to make the grenades bearable, though the idea of soft CC (NOT another knockdown or "you can do nothing for 5s") would be cool. Maybe a lightweight flashbang? Not the Bursa one, but say flash and you get a double or triple image "burn-in" for a second then fades?

yeah, soft cc would be nice, maybe some kind of energy tether like the ones used by some Index brokers. Grineer could maybe add some stagger effect to their blast

3 hours ago, Monolake said:

yeah they are absolutely broken, I checked EE logs after a sudden oneshot and there was ~13k damage grenade at lvl50

jesus christ, 13k!?

I'm not surprised actually, at level 40 Corpus grenade that Detron Crewmen throw (base level 1), annihilated my chroma prime...

1 hour ago, SprinKah said:

jesus christ, 13k!?

I'm not surprised actually, at level 40 Corpus grenade that Detron Crewmen throw (base level 1), annihilated my chroma prime...

Must've been on Mot where they do several times more damage.

Ive just tested in sim with max hp/shield (with prime Vigor) Excalibur getting flushed by a single grenade most of the time (sometimes you survive with only a tiny bit HP left)

took 1,260 damage at 1,181 health from a level 50 DETRON CREWMAN using a NpcThrowGrenadeWeapon
 took 1,708 damage at 1,692 health from a level 50 DETRON CREWMAN using a NpcThrowGrenadeWeapon
Edited by Monolake

9 hours ago, Monolake said:

Must've been on Mot where they do several times more damage.

Ive just tested in sim with max hp/shield (with prime Vigor) Excalibur getting flushed by a single grenade most of the time (sometimes you survive with only a tiny bit HP left)

took 1,260 damage at 1,181 health from a level 50 DETRON CREWMAN using a NpcThrowGrenadeWeapon
 took 1,708 damage at 1,692 health from a level 50 DETRON CREWMAN using a NpcThrowGrenadeWeapon

that's about right, nuts...

Like I've always wanted enemies to be hard to fight and challenging and capable of killing us but a one shot, inevitable grenade blast that kills you in a single instant is crazy.