Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept + Weapon Concept : Knight (Bring Back The Enemy Frame From Dark Sector)

Ardorax

Ummm... honestly, I still don't think you have. That blade can fold a maximum of 20-30 degrees before you'd run into massive clipping issues, and that's if you reduced the size of that divider pylon between the two halves. While that reduces it's length some, it also gives the blade an unwieldy downward curve. Folding the blade is not a viable alternative, unfortunately.

EDIT: Even if you assume a hollowed-out section in the front half for the back half to fold into, that results in a massive... fin thing hanging off of his arm, because that thing is thick. Not only would that be ugly, but that would then have massive clipping issues with the warframes body as it moved around.

But thank you :) My friend LegionVangaurd and I have designed a number of warframes that have proven quite popular, and are working on more. If you guys want to check out our "products" here are links to our topics. I think you'll enjoy them, and if you would give us some feedback it would be much appreciated:

Im sorry to say this but ... with you posting your warframe concepts on my warframe concept ....it kinda feels mean .... it feels like your saying oh your idea is nice , but check these out!

I will look but please see where I stand on this

Hey, I was trying to stick as close as possible to his flavor and ideas. I wouldn't personally make a skill described that way, but it's what he described it as. I just added my personal touch of melodrama to it.

Oh, I'm not saying it's necessarily bad to suggest that as a concept, I'm just saying: it's not going to happen. DE has as much as guaranteed they will not put passives onto Warframes, not beyond Auras. So no matter how much thought you put into it, it's not going to affect future events. You're thinking of a future that isn't coming. You're building on a foundation with a crack.

This concept art is already a character from Dark Sector: Nemesis. I guarantee you that even if they put something very similar in, they will not put in an exact duplicate of that character. Nemesis is dead, and they won't bring her back.

Honestly, I always found her to be rather poorly done, as far as an attention to detail goes. No, that blade does not retract, it is indeed Nemesis' arm. And on close inspection of it, you can see that there is no way a human forearm could be inside it, and the elbow seems to be a sort of joint where the arm is attached to the rest of her; in point of fact, Nemesis throws the blade and the entirety of her arm from the elbow down at Hayden Tenno several times. And yet, when you see her 'pilot' out of the suit, she is not missing an arm, nor does she have a prosthesis.

Regardless, your new mechanism isn't going to be added because it's not going to happen.

No, but if you want them to make his arm a blade with no hand, how the heck is he going to hold a two-handed weapon. How could he possibly use the Paris, for that matter? More, DE would have to create entirely new animations for this one frame, for every weapon!

You didn't suggest it in writing, but you did indeed suggest it. If you want the game to reflect the presence of the blade arm as an extra source of melee damage, you'd better not complain when the game decides that also means he can't hold most guns. It's an unrealistic desire that is entirely a double-edged sword, if you'll excuse the appropriate metaphor.

In depth In Depth. The newly suggested was based off his update. A Attachable and Detachable blade. The blade being attachad to the arm still leaving the arm Free. Can weird a Melee Weapon Still. As well as this mini melee weapon can retract when not in use. Making it not in the way. Thus a very Plausible case. I can take this on for years for I love conversation.if you are keeping up with the Owner of the Topic when he says he updates the thread Haha because it shows the Image and description. Which my Thesis / Suggestion was based off. I only work with what I am given. Add on with out changing.  

Again I don't even remember saying his arm is the Blade I believe I said Blade Attached to the Arm. ( You can CTRL + F Blade attached and it would skip straight to it) in General I completely Ruled out that this Character had a Blade arm I assumed it was a Retracted Blade and their was a hand some where. Don't see how I missed the Elephant in the room hahaha, I see where we broke off at which was me already ruling out that their would be 1 Actual Arm and hand and Just 1 Blade That would Be TRULY Unrealistic. 

The Future I seek is closer than I think. 

Edit~ I do agree with Jack doing that was very unprofessional for someone that has made Many Popular Warframes that have yet been put into the game. Chow down on his just to advertise on his thread? Isn't a the way a "professional helping someone out with a suggestion" would handle that.

Before I happen to get quoted. Please notice I said "~Mini Melee Weapon~" which is attached which would work as a Secondary Melee with no added Mods just a small amount Base stats which would only be Damage. 

Making this more of a accessory that happens to inflict damage making Warframes slightly more stylish maybe having it's own skin designs and Color. Giving more variety to The Appearances of Warframes. 

1 One each arm not that giant &#! Blade just a simple small blade near the elbows. 

As I am typing slowly seeing it as more of a Accessory than a Weapon Concept.

What do you think Jack? 

Edited by ThatGuyHD

Nemesis has an upside-down Lotus symbol on his shoulder, thousands of years before they supposedly came into existence

Not the same Lotus. In Dark Sector, the Lotus was used as the symbol of the underground black market, due to symbology of something that grows and flourishes amidst hardship, but is also rare and hard to find. However, seeing as Warframe is based upon Dark Sector, the use of the Lotus is a deliberate reference.

Im sorry to say this but ... with you posting your warframe concepts on my warframe concept ....it kinda feels mean .... it feels like your saying oh your idea is nice , but check these out!

I will look but please see where I stand on this

And I'm sorry to say this, but that makes absolutely no sense. If I were linking it because of that, it would have been in my first post. You said you liked my ideas, so I thought why not link you to more? It's a simple side thought. You don't want to look, fine.

More, I've been offering my feedback on your ideas. I've read everything you had to say and offered my counter-arguments. Whether or not you pay attention to them is up to you. I tried my best to come up with a way for that blade to be converted to a melee weapon but I really don't think it can be done, which is why I offered up Bladewind. Between clipping issues and its sheer size, I see no alternative. So, what it feels like you're saying is "I will look, but please just agree with my ideas!" and trying to guilt me into it, because I have seen where you stand on it. I'm sorry, but I cannot concur. I like the warframe, but the blade just does not fit in very well.

Again I don't even remember saying his arm is the Blade I believe I said Blade Attached to the Arm. ( You can CTRL + F Blade attached and it would skip straight to it) in General I completely Ruled out that this Character had a Blade arm I assumed it was a Retracted Blade and their was a hand some where. Don't see how I missed the Elephant in the room hahaha, I see where we broke off at which was me already ruling out that their would be 1 Actual Arm and hand and Just 1 Blade That would Be TRULY Unrealistic.

I see. Well, you were quoting that concept art as your justification, and it doesn't have a hand. I assumed you were sticking to that design literally, as that seemed to be your basis for the blade.

Edit~ I do agree with Jack doing that was very unprofessional for someone that has made Many Popular Warframes that have yet been put into the game. Chow down on his just to advertise on his thread? Isn't a the way a "professional helping someone out with a suggestion" would handle that.

A) I never claimed to be professional, nor am I just advertising. As I said to Stalka above, it was a side thought because he said he liked my ideas. It was addressed generally because I don't like leaving people out. You never know who would see something directed specifically and click on it anyway, it's not like I can lock a link so only he can see it.

B) I did not chow down on his ideas. I offered my opinions and feedback. Heed them or not as you will. The only things I have said here that aren't opinions are lore from Dark Sector and DE's policy against passives.

C) Saying Vangaurd and I's warframes are popular was not a veiled slant against this thread. I already said I liked the idea. It has not had enough time to become popular, nor enough feedback. You take offense far too easily--just relax, for none was meant.

D) You realize how few fan-made frames have made it into the game? And how recently Vangaurd and I started designing ours? Of course they haven't yet made it into the game. But the point is that we enjoy making them, and the majority of people seem to like the ideas. If any make it in, that's just a bonus, awesome though it is. The thing is, because neither of us has the money to spare and buy founder status, the devs might not even notice unless they get that popular. They honestly don't seem to give a f*** about anyone that doesn't have one of those fancy-a** founder tags Stalka has. But not everyone is rich, and I've supported the game as best I can with what plat purchases I could spare.

I realize I just got finished jumping on you for taking offense too easily, but that jab at my frames was a deliberate taunt and cannot be interpreted any other way, so I feel completely justified in telling you to stfu.

Edited by Siubijeni

Not the same Lotus. In Dark Sector, the Lotus was used as the symbol of the underground black market, due to symbology of something that grows and flourishes amidst hardship, but is also rare and hard to find. However, seeing as Warframe is based upon Dark Sector, the use of the Lotus is a deliberate reference.

And I'm sorry to say this, but that makes absolutely no sense. If I were linking it because of that, it would have been in my first post. You said you liked my ideas, so I thought why not link you to more? It's a simple side thought. You don't want to look, fine.

More, I've been offering my feedback on your ideas. I've read everything you had to say and offered my counter-arguments. Whether or not you pay attention to them is up to you. I tried my best to come up with a way for that blade to be converted to a melee weapon but I really don't think it can be done, which is why I offered up Bladewind. Between clipping issues and its sheer size, I see no alternative. So, what it feels like you're saying is "I will look, but please just agree with my ideas!" and trying to guilt me into it, because I have seen where you stand on it. I'm sorry, but I cannot concur. I like the warframe, but the blade just does not fit in very well.

I see. Well, you were quoting that concept art as your justification, and it doesn't have a hand. I assumed you were sticking to that design literally, as that seemed to be your basis for the blade.

A) I never claimed to be professional, nor am I just advertising. As I said to Stalka above, it was a side thought because he said he liked my ideas. It was addressed generally because I don't like leaving people out. You never know who would see something directed specifically and click on it anyway, it's not like I can lock a link so only he can see it.

B) I did not chow down on his ideas. I offered my opinions and feedback. Heed them or not as you will. The only things I have said here that aren't opinions are lore from Dark Sector and DE's policy against passives.

C) Saying Vangaurd and I's warframes are popular was not a veiled slant against this thread. I already said I liked the idea. It has not had enough time to become popular, nor enough feedback. You take offense far too easily--just relax, for none was meant.

Did not take anything offense it's the word play you used to conjure the array of the mast that it was a Slander. As to how it would be precede.

Well glad everyone can get back to the topic, Waiting to see what new ideas Ja would come up with.   

Look that you share your idea's is great , but when you post links to them on my idea it just sends the message of saying your idea's are better.

You might not have wanted that but it does that , please also look at it from my prespective.

I am not trying to just get you to agree with what I say about the blade , but its an idea everyone is struggling ... I think the major issue is that we wish to see it at the size its at now .... and we should size it down a bit.

Good idea in general, would be surprised if DE didn't take notice of this - and with another "melee" Warframe incoming, it would maybe spur DE to make some much needed changes to the melee system.

Melee isn't that bad really ... it just requires some planning if you ask me , the current issue on the frame suggestion is the weapon at this point .... which is difficult to realize cause of badass factor and such being in the way of its size =/

Good idea in general, would be surprised if DE didn't take notice of this - and with another "melee" Warframe incoming, it would maybe spur DE to make some much needed changes to the melee system.

Honestly, I would be very surprised if D.E. took any notice of this. Firstly, it's not on the Design Council; where Jack should have posted it if he wanted any headway. Secondly, it's a reference to Nemesis, and D.E. staff are very averse to putting any more Dark Sector references into Warframe. Now, simply for the purpose of playing Devil's Advocate:

*ThatGuy frequently asserts that to have any shock wave-type ability, we would need a Wind Warframe. This completely ignores the fact that Rhino Stomp is nothing but a shock wave. What else? Molecular Prime knockback, shock wave. Sonic Boom and Sound Quake, shock wave. Avalanche and Ice Wave, shock wave. Anything involving explosions, shock wave. Hell, MAG has a shock wave.

*I concur with Siubijeni that the blade-arm as a possible weapon is simply not plausible. If you actually look at the blade as Nadia uses it, she throws it clear off her body, at the elbow joint. She never retracts the arm, and there is no suggestion that she could. You should note that, while Hayden's exo-suit could utilize firearms, NEMESIS was never seen with any. Further, look at that picture. Do you think anyone could hold anything with that arm? Even worse, the blade-arm functioning as another weapon simply will not be implemented, as it has been said by D.E. that no Warframes would possess any passive abilities. That means no increased silence value for ASH, no innate Heavy Impact mod for RHINO, and no extra-weapon blade-arm. Anything unique to a 'Frame besides appearance and abilities is a passive.

To summarize the problems with the arm, it simply needs a redesign to look as though it's anywhere near usable. As it is, it is unwieldy, it hinders usage of primary weapons, it does not detach. A good redesign of it would involve a mechanism which would actually be retractable, though how this would be done is none of my concern. Maybe you could rip it off the 'Frame itself and treat it like the Glaive; as an actual melee weapon.

Honestly, I would be very surprised if D.E. took any notice of this. Firstly, it's not on the Design Council; where Jack should have posted it if he wanted any headway. Secondly, it's a reference to Nemesis, and D.E. staff are very averse to putting any more Dark Sector references into Warframe. Now, simply for the purpose of playing Devil's Advocate:

*ThatGuy frequently asserts that to have any shock wave-type ability, we would need a Wind Warframe. This completely ignores the fact that Rhino Stomp is nothing but a shock wave. What else? Molecular Prime knockback, shock wave. Sonic Boom and Sound Quake, shock wave. Avalanche and Ice Wave, shock wave. Anything involving explosions, shock wave. Hell, MAG has a shock wave.

*I concur with Siubijeni that the blade-arm as a possible weapon is simply not plausible. If you actually look at the blade as Nadia uses it, she throws it clear off her body, at the elbow joint. She never retracts the arm, and there is no suggestion that she could. You should note that, while Hayden's exo-suit could utilize firearms, NEMESIS was never seen with any. Further, look at that picture. Do you think anyone could hold anything with that arm? Even worse, the blade-arm functioning as another weapon simply will not be implemented, as it has been said by D.E. that no Warframes would possess any passive abilities. That means no increased silence value for ASH, no innate Heavy Impact mod for RHINO, and no extra-weapon blade-arm. Anything unique to a 'Frame besides appearance and abilities is a passive.

To summarize the problems with the arm, it simply needs a redesign to look as though it's anywhere near usable. As it is, it is unwieldy, it hinders usage of primary weapons, it does not detach. A good redesign of it would involve a mechanism which would actually be retractable, though how this would be done is none of my concern. Maybe you could rip it off the 'Frame itself and treat it like the Glaive; as an actual melee weapon.

Lol well Wind Slice Ability is my stand point Almost every frame here has a Knock-Back or Shock wave. I seen a lot of people suggesting Abilities or Weapons That generates a Wind Slice AoE. I would say a Wind Warframe that would produce more mods into the game based off Wind. 

Meh I'll whip up a quick Concept after this mini update I do 

You ... havent been reading it well ... I designed the blade to be detachable please check the little description image again.

THe blade can unfold into its true size (like the glaive does) and is attached to the arm BUT DOES NOT remove the lower arm completely aka this frame will have 2 hands except that under one is the blade device that unfolds into what is needed.

As for posting it on the design council ... well I didn't know I could first off ... and second how do you know I can without a founder rank (just curious bout that)

Plus here every joe can give input , and you need to re read the powers cause slicing wave has been removed , and replaced with  Blade Eruption

and he has an awsome weapon!

3t25n.jpg

And what if I told you that I called her a He for the sake of not spoiling dark sector the game for others ... something you now did ... also read back and this has already been posted so ... your late .... really .... late .....yup also poor input

and he has an awsome weapon!

3t25n.jpg

I already told him, Boom ^_^ Also, so done with this thread. I truly cannot understand why you take offense at my posting links here. Putting myself in your shoes, I would not. I would probably enjoy seeing them, although I admittedly probably would leave little in the way of feedback simply because there is too much to be very specific about.

More relevantly, you seem to take offense at my attempts to counter each of your points. I call it as I see it, but if my opinions aren't welcome here, I'll leave.

And what if I told you that I called her a He for the sake of not spoiling dark sector the game for others ... something you now did ... also read back and this has already been posted so ... your late .... really .... late .....yup also poor input

That's not exactly spoiling it. I'm not sure how that was supposed to be a "twist". I'd figured out Nemesis was Nadia the second time she showed up.

Well thats just his looks in the old game dark sector doesnt mean he will look like this in warframe (if ever he comes to it)

Nemesis is a chick... her name was Nadia Sudek the first to wear a warframe, and the first to throw glaives... but not the first Tenno lol...

That's not exactly spoiling it. I'm not sure how that was supposed to be a "twist". I'd figured out Nemesis was Nadia the second time she showed up.

I actually spoiled this millions of times all over the forums go check my older post, or the Lotus Project conspiracy on General discussion, could  even look up Nadia Sudek in general discussion I have made tons of topics on her, and Dark Sector... infact People immediately assume everything I talk about is Dark Sector related on these forums...

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This frame should be related with some weird reality ripping quest (even more weird than Limbo itself)

Melee slot should be disabled for having a innate blade.

Look at that structure, this frame need to be bulky, more armor than Valkyr and slower than a Rhino on Mutalist Moa goo.

She needs something "bulky" enough as a weapon to compensate, with HUGE stopping power and a cartridge extractor, something like a hand cannon.

2 handed firearms should be restricted.

With all these restrictions it will end being not viable to play with.

We already have Stalker so.... no. No boss this time.

Choices.....choices....

Yeah we need DE to bring her back to Warframe game, Nemesis is the answer, make this frame as the shapeshifter melee type, the skill should be like Alex Mercer from Prototype game, he can change his arm into a claw, large palm, a big sharp blade etc

DE must bring this awesome concept back !!!