Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reducing the disposition of the Rivens is cool, but ...

Peter

On 2019-08-14 at 11:38 PM, Peter said:

What do you think about improving the conditions of the Rivens market? Any "God Roll" is worth over 5000 platinum, this is disheartening to anyone who starts playing and is a joke to anyone who has been in the game for so long.

That 5000 plat is folks being crazy.

All god-roll meta rivens are always, ALWAYS, gonna get nerfed. Always.

Do not spend your real money on them.

Do not be disheartened that you can't afford them, you don't need them.

The folks that do buy rivens for 5000p will be back on here moaning about nerfs, like DE haven't said this will always happen. They're victims of market hype, rivens are like tulips https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

Rivens are not super weapon boosters. They sometimes end up like that, but that's not what they were designed for and when they do don't pay for rivens (they will be nerfed).

Instead Rivens are supposed to promote the guns that are not meta. Go get the gun for the riven you just found, not the other way round. 

On 2019-08-15 at 10:21 PM, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

You don't need a 'god roll', a god roll is about 30% more powerful than a 200p visican/satiata with no negative and about 2000% more expensive.

Are you following me? 30% stronger, 2000%+ more expensive.

The math is perfect and plays in your favor, in other words, buy the 200p mod.

Buying a groll is buying a hunt trophy for rng's head.

This right here is what OP needs to see.

Don’t get baited into the whole “god roll” nonsense.

If your in trade chat for any decent amount of time, its extremely easy to spot the whales peddling (usually) overpriced  “god rolls” amongst themselves.

Just block them and pretend like they don’t exist. Your chat will be far less cluttered, and you will quickly realize that there actually are very good rivens in chat for affordable prices.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)SpIitSnake said:

Except Kohm

Khom isn't a god-roll, any Khom riven with status % will do the trick. They've kept the disposition just high enough that it doesn't break all those builds.

It's in a bit of a special place: OK without a riven, but only just, with any status riven can hit 100% and become extremely good. Most meta weapons are 10-30% better with a really good riven, the Kohm is 1000% better with a basic one, but mediocre without.

At this point I wouldn't spend loads on a Khom riven - DE say every time they nerf rivens that the Khom just escaped this time but may not next. A perfect 'god-roll' Khom riven isn't loads better than any riven with status, and unrolled rivens go for <50p.

I think because of its status the Khom risks yo-yoing: knock the dispo down 1 and all those rivens don't reach 100%, the Kohm becomes universally OK (not MR fodder, decent, but only just) and drastically drops in popularity, so next review it gains dispo.

It would be fairly easy to fix: release a Prisma Khom or Khom Wraith with 30% status (MR12-14 somewhere), wait to the next riven review, then nerf to match the weapon's popularity.

43 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I think because of its status the Khom risks yo-yoing: knock the dispo down 1 and all those rivens don't reach 100%

Well, this is where im trying to play some 4D Chess haha.

Not all of the Kohm rivens will instantly see a huge drop in price if its disposition gets nerfed slightly.

It would be the ones where the riven barely makes 120 Status Chance. Funnily enough, these include the “god rolls” you see being advertised for insane amounts like 20k+ plat.

Thats why im specifically looking to roll Kohm rivens with Status Chance obviously, but only 2 positives and a neg.

Take my current one for instance. It has something crazy like 165+ Status Chance. That extra Status is useless atm, but these will likely be the only  “god rolls” left standing when judgement day comes lol.

And i do not realistically see DE nerfing the disposition so badly that the status would go from 165+ to under 120. I think they have went on record saying they would not make big nerfs like that, not in a single update, at least.