Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember abilities spitball

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

Don’t really have a clear idea of how to structure all of this stuff, but just been thinking of different ways to make Ember into a devastating AOE DPS While keeping her balanced. This is not strictly a list of abilities.

Target area: Embers primary target area needs to be everything within her vision, that’s where the majority of damage needs to be dealt, while everything outside of that needs to take significantly less damage but still being debuffed or damaged in some way. This means she can actually dish out damage and not be held back because she’s “too passive”.

Phoenix: Ember is a fire bird aka a Phoenix. And when Phoenix's did they turn to ash and are reborn. Maybe have some implemented skill where Ember can save herself from death with a cloud of ash CCing enemies and rejuvenating Ember, maybe leaving her a bit more vulnerable during the clouds duration.

Fire torrent: had an idea for an ability where Ember fires off a projectiles that creates an explosion that staggers and damages then pressing the ability again sucks the flames back in along with enemies and creates a fire pillars that seals continuous damage to everything sucked into it.

Plasma spheres. Had an idea where Ember would create an array of plasma spheres behind her that would do something. It really just looked good in my head so Maybe it has potential.

Damage build up: the more Ember uses her abilities the more damage they should be doing. Like she’s constantly getting hotter and hotter.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Simply throwing out suggestions without any real purpose, reasons or goals... I expected more from you

I don’t know how to specifically fix ember. I just know the general basics of what needs to be done and threw in some other misc ideas. DE never turns feedback directly into changes anyways. So why waste time coming up with actual abilities when I can provide inspiration?

12 minutes ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

Do you have any suggestions in regards to your questions?

Yes, sir! I'll fetch the post for you

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I don’t know how to specifically fix ember. I just know the general basics of what needs to be done and threw in some other misc ideas. DE never turns feedback directly into changes anyways. So why waste time coming up with actual abilities when I can provide inspiration?

Yes they do. They may not comply with every whim us players come up with, but they absolutely take our feedback into consideration 🙂

30 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Yes, sir! I'll fetch the post for you

Yes they do. They may not comply with every whim us players come up with, but they absolutely take our feedback into consideration 🙂

Yeah they take it into consideration, but I have yet to see an idea plucked directly from the forums and implemented into the frames.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)yandelyandel2000 said:

Ah, it was mainly to give Gear some ideas or inspiration as I still haven't played Ember

Isn't that a little... uhh... aren't you supposed to have knowledge/experience on a topic before you start discussing it? I have the big dumb.

(Meant for OP from this point on)

When I started reading this I saw you describe her as too "passive", and I just dismissed it, as it was factually untrue, as I've seen somebody say it before in a different thread.

Her problem is, amoung the obvious ones like "weak", "counter-intuitive", "squishy", is that her kit is very static.

Her 1 is a static duration-based AoE. Her 3 is a static duration-based AoE. You know how many frames have those type of skills? Less than 10, most notable examples being Volt and Vauban, but unlike Ember they can provide something more than a flat 50% bonus damage, like projectile blocking, and CC. But, back to your ideas.

5 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Phoenix: Ember is a fire bird aka a Phoenix. And when Phoenix's did they turn to ash and are reborn. Maybe have some implemented skill where Ember can save herself from death with a cloud of ash CCing enemies and rejuvenating Ember, maybe leaving her a bit more vulnerable during the clouds duration.

Sure. Healing can be a nice addition, being able to bounce back lethal damage might not be such a good idea unless there's something akin to a Nidus meter. Otherwise, it's just old Defy with CC. It's also important what kind of CC we're talking about. Not a fan of being vulnerable after bouncing back from lethal. You're basically screwed if you get snagged by a stray bullet.

Fire torrent: had an idea for an ability where Ember fires off a projectiles that creates an explosion that staggers and damages then pressing the ability again sucks the flames back in along with enemies and creates a fire pillars that seals continuous damage to everything sucked into it.

Basically Vortex with extra steps. Again, it's stationary. Ember should have a more active kit if she's going to keep being a DPS.

Plasma spheres. Had an idea where Ember would create an array of plasma spheres behind her that would do something. It really just looked good in my head so Maybe it has potential.

Plasma doesn't fit her design. As for the rest of the idea... yeah, no, I think that's all I can say about it.

Damage build up: the more Ember uses her abilities the more damage they should be doing. Like she’s constantly getting hotter and hotter.

Been proposed many a time. It's a good idea, plain and simple.

If you want a more in-depth review on why current Ember is a flaming bag of dog feces, feel free to ask.

Edited by Blexander

3 minutes ago, Blexander said:

Isn't that a little... uhh... aren't you supposed to have knowledge/experience on a topic before you start discussing it?

I mean, I when I started reading this I saw you describe her as too "passive", and I just dismissed it as factually untrue, as I've seen somebody say it before in a different thread.

Her problem is, amoung the obvious ones like "weak", "counter-intuitive", "squishy", is that her kit is very static.

Her 1 is a static duration-based AoE. Her 3 is a static duration-based AoE. You know how many frames have those type of skills? Less than 10, most notable examples being Volt and Vauban, but unlike Ember they can provide something more than a flat 50% bonus damage, like projectile blocking, and CC. But, back to your ideas.

What are you talking about? I never talked about her

I never played her as I said

Edited by (PS4)yandelyandel2000

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Yeah they take it into consideration, but I have yet to see an idea plucked directly from the forums and implemented into the frames.

Volt's riot shield

Zephyr's Tailwind/Divebomb integration

Limbo's Stasis change

Among others

All current/planned reworks are all the result of us players saying so

1 minute ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Volt's riot shield

Zephyr's Tailwind/Divebomb integration

Limbo's Stasis change

Among others

All current/planned reworks are all the result of us players saying so

I saw a thread where this dude's design for Grendel was implemented. Well, the kit was, more or less. 

2 hours ago, Blexander said:

Ok I should clarify the “too passive” statement.

Theres nothing wrong with a frame that just casts their ability and it does what it does and that’s it. But Ember is an AOE DPS frame. So having abilities that act like that can’t just be given high Damage. No, they have to be interactive and work off each other. It’s like Saryn where the more abilities you add to the mix the stronger the outcome.

By calling Ember too passive I’m simply saying that she lacks the complexity needed to justify having a high damage output. Because having an AOE death field where the only required player interaction is “turn it on” isn’t going to fly.

Ok I should clarify the “too passive” statement.

Theres nothing wrong with a frame that just casts their ability and it does what it does and that’s it. But Ember is an AOE DPS frame. So having abilities that act like that can’t just be given high Damage. No, they have to be interactive and work off each other. It’s like Saryn where the more abilities you add to the mix the stronger the outcome.

By calling Ember too passive I’m simply saying that she lacks the complexity needed to justify having a high damage output. Because having an AOE death field where the only required player interaction is “turn it on” isn’t going to fly.

Yeah, that's about right. Currently, she doesn't have a high damage output because Heat Damage and DoT suck major ass, and she has counter synergies, with Fireblast canceling Heat proc panic animation and Accelarant's ministun.