The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just in case Melee 3.0 planning hasn't touched mods.

TioMegaManX

Here is a simple proposal as to how to convert certain mods from one function to another, not to mention maybe have a simpler and yet better melee system.

• Replace instances of channeling damage with charge attack damage.
  • Replace instances of channeling efficiency with charge time.
  • Replace conditions of channeling to charging attacks.
  • Allow charged attacks to be held indefinitely.
  • Assign all channeling visual effects to charging attack.
  • Gap closers should be akin to "stinger/streak/stiletto" from action games, that means said attacks should not be too elaborate like Wukon's current "gap closer"
  • Gap closers should end a bit sooner if they hit a target/s.
  • All shorter weapons need a range buff, for visual consistency just make the trail effect more noticeable.
  • Shorter weapons should have a bit more freedom of movement as to not cripple themselves like the Gunsen in which the range is already short and its attacks nail the user in place, not to mention the fanning animations at the end of certain combos, those leave the player very vulnerable making it a high risk low reward weapon.
  • For a long term goal revisit the stances, some attacks are just fancy and seem to purposefully get less range (dual swords.)
  • Don't add forced momentum to melee attacks that are not gap closers (whips come to mind), a bit of momentum can be added to attacks when the player is moving.

OK, now the part where people begin the argument from authority in which I have no idea what I am asking for because I am not a professional game developer, for the more civilized people please leave a comment.