The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Severe FPS Drops

Zaraki-Kenpachi

This isn't just a recent thing. This has been ongoing for about 3 years now. I have run countless tests in multiple different tiles, with all factions, most warframes etc.
From what I can tell it's to do with 1. Enemies spawning, and 2. if you're a host. If you're the host your performance TANKS dramatically.

Normally I play at 144 capped FPS, as I can reach in excess of 200. If I'm a host however, I'm barely able to keep a stable 100.
Also, doing anything like Sanctuary Onslaught, every time enemies spawn, there's frame stutters and freezes. This also happens regularly in survivals and defence missions too.

It astounds me this has been a constant issue for so long and DE have never once addressed this.

same. having severe FPS drops after a host migration, it only started after the saint update. never had this problem before when hosting / hosting after a migration. can run the game into hundred FPS regions consistently before this update (even when hosting), now it crawls to stop motion like speeds after. hosting from the start still works fine, after a migration seems to be the problem

for some reason, can't delete the double post above.

Edited by seventhwalker

Opened Warframe after a few weeks again and the performance is horrible. Without lock i had around 110 fps. I locked the game at 72 so i dont notice any drops.. I never saw the fps counter change from 72 until today. My buddy and i played the distruption mission and my averege was 28fps.... whenever i entered a big room or moved my view to the centre the fps went to about 20... so yeah. Thanks DE^^

Yeah, confirmed. 😄 i have started warframe like 2 months ago, on my pretty new pc like ryzen 7 1700, 16 gm gskill 3000mhz ram, rog strix 1070oc 8gb, and i got like 120-150 fps on nearly every mission and place in the game. Everything high except shadow, that was medium, on 1080p 21:9 ultrawide setup 75hz refresh. But since the last saint of altra patch my fps dropeed on plains like hell, i fighting to reach around 60-70 fps on nearly the whole map. Something went wrong with the new graphic patch DE. I can feel during the games that i got lag spikes, random drops on random parts of the map etc. I think you should check the new setup and make some optimalization cas its just because the new patch, my drivers and etc are up to date, no problem detected yet just on warframe fps drops.

I hope i can help you withs oem information but i can only say that its usually happens on open worlds mostly on my pc...

Regards Alch 🙂