Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rendering Upgrades

DieHardBoneHead

As part of the new rendering tech we showcased during TennoLive, we’ve implemented a few upgrades that are ready for your viewing pleasure! Metallic surfaces, such as gold and steel (etc), are improved across the whole game to respond better to lights and reflections. This boasts the detail and depth that were always there but hard to see.

(My Anser = Serious We Do NOT Want This) Give us our shiny (Gold,Orbiter('s),Warframe('s) Ect.) BACK. 🤬🤬🤬

WATCH THIS IMAGE

https://giant.gfycat.com/AromaticRealisticGartersnake.webm

Don't know why you're so mad about this, it's way more realistic the way it is now. No metal in the real world reflects light the same way it does in your little example.

Colors on shiny weapons were dull before, but now I've noticed much brighter tones on my more reflective sets.

11 hours ago, Skyward_Knight said:

Don't know why you're so mad about this, it's way more realistic the way it is now. No metal in the real world reflects light the same way it does in your little example.

Colors on shiny weapons were dull before, but now I've noticed much brighter tones on my more reflective sets.

You're right it's more realistic, and that's exactly why "realism" isn't a valid argument. It doesn't matter how realistic it is when it looks worse than what we had, I and most likely many others would take the visually appealing over the realistic in a heartbeat. Also, he's probably mad for the same reason I am, the game looks like garbage right now compared to before.

Oh, and by the way, space ninjas, so tell me about how realistic this game is and how good realism is.

Edited by Toys

On 2019-09-01 at 2:44 AM, Toys said:

Also, he's probably mad for the same reason I am, the game looks like garbage right now compared to before.

This is only phase one of their new engine. As they implement more of it the game will look better and better. It's one of the reasons why I was so happy to get an upgraded graphics card before they started releasing these little optimizations.

edit: Also, to OP, please don't speak for the entire community all at once unless you've seen literally everyone in regional chat agreeing with you.

Edited by Skyward_Knight