Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resisting knockdown during Profit-taker

sinnae

Question

I've been running Profit-taker recently for fun/chance at the bloodshed sigil, but sometimes the knockdowns and staggers are kind of overwhelming. I get stunlocked for what feels like an eternity. I've gotten decent at dodging the orb mom's attacks but everything else still has me laid out every few seconds.

I'm coming up on my day 200 milestone but I'm pretty sure I won't have access to Primed Sure Footed until day 400 (please correct me if I'm wrong); what else can I use? I've heard that normal Sure Footed isn't worth it and been hearing bug reports on Handspring.

I run Hildryn with a Wyrm Prime + Negate at the moment. Having no issues with dying or damage but would really like to not be staggered for 90% of the fight.

10 answers to this question

Learn to constantly jump and move around. You won't need any handspring or sure footed. Your 90% will turn to acceptable 25%. Or even less.

Also kill those melee soldiers with Kreska, while the Orb is vulnerable to the damage type you don't have.

And don't forget about reinforcement beacons, they spawn big Raknoids which are even more annoying than Kreska soldiers.

Edited by bl1te

The knockdowns are super annoying in that fight. I refuse to do that mission anymore unless i have something to counter the knockdown spam lol.

Since you don’t have access to Primed Sure Footed, i suggest you try the exilus mod Handspring

Its a pretty common mod, and its cheap mod capacity wise. It makes a noticeable difference on the knockdown recovery, i highly recommend it 🙂

5 hours ago, (PS4)SnakeLogic said:

The knockdowns are super annoying in that fight. I refuse to do that mission anymore unless i have something to counter the knockdown spam lol.

Since you don’t have access to Primed Sure Footed, i suggest you try the exilus mod Handspring

Its a pretty common mod, and its cheap mod capacity wise. It makes a noticeable difference on the knockdown recovery, i highly recommend it 🙂

I think Handspring is completely broken at the moment, but I'll give it a try once they hotfix it. Dear DE please hotfix it...

3 hours ago, bl1te said:

Learn to constantly jump and move around. You won't need any handspring or sure footed. Your 90% will turn to acceptable 25%. Or even less.

Also kill those melee soldiers with Kreska, while the Orb is vulnerable to that damage type, which you don't have.

And don't forget about reinforcement beacons, they spawn big Raknoids which are even more annoying than Kreska soldiers.

Why Kreska?

I run chroma, and just operator and Void dash towards the shield as it moves towards me, or I just Void dash up and around it when I see them up. Got 0 knockdown mods and barely get knocked down in that fight. You're not a tree, move around xD

Yeah I guess I'll just have to jump around more. I have no problem with the big shields, I can avoid those, but I get jumped by jackals, moas, etc. with knockdown abilities. I guess part of being utterly undying is that I kind of just ignore all mobs.