Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gammacor Adjustment

(PSN)night_san03

So, we all know how the gammacor is... Less than a useful secondary. When I first got it, I thought it was an amazing weapon because of how cool it was... Until I found how absolutely useless it was. Boasting a base damage of magnetic, this weapon is completely useless without intensive elemental damage modding. So, how could this weapon become more useful?

I'd say the gammacor could use either a minor rework or an augment that allows for the use of an alternative firing mode called "overload blast," in which a large chunk of the gammacor's ammo is used, but a large AOE burst is released from this tripple-point mining laser. This blast has a 50% chance of stripping enemy shields and does 65 magnetic damage to enemies in range(maybe 5-9meters). 

This alternative firing would make for a glorious finishing touch on a weapon that, though looks awesome, belongs in either a toilet or dumpster on it's own. 

Hey, so, I guess you're new to the game so you might not know this yet, but every weapon that isn't an incredibly high crit-chance primary using the Hunter Munitions mod requires fairly intensive elemental modding. That's just par for the course, given that elemental damage is added on top of, and based off of, your total base damage.

The Gammacor, btw, has a direct upgrade in the form of the Synoid Gammacor, which is an absolutely ferocious laser pointer. You're just using the newbie version that, like the Mk 1 weapons, mostly exists to get binned in favor of much more powerful weapons.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-09-05 at 12:21 AM, (PS4)lordofthenight03 said:

So, we all know how the gammacor is... Less than a useful secondary. When I first got it, I thought it was an amazing weapon because of how cool it was... Until I found how absolutely useless it was. Boasting a base damage of magnetic, this weapon is completely useless without intensive elemental damage modding. So, how could this weapon become more useful?

I'd say the gammacor could use either a minor rework or an augment that allows for the use of an alternative firing mode called "overload blast," in which a large chunk of the gammacor's ammo is used, but a large AOE burst is released from this tripple-point mining laser. This blast has a 50% chance of stripping enemy shields and does 65 magnetic damage to enemies in range(maybe 5-9meters). 

This alternative firing would make for a glorious finishing touch on a weapon that, though looks awesome, belongs in either a toilet or dumpster on it's own. 

The Gammacor is a beast. I have no idea what you're talking about.