Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back the "difficult" eidolons!

NorthernDarkIceSoul

On 2019-09-06 at 3:24 AM, DrivaMain said:

The changes are A BUG. Don’t worry OP, everything will return to normal after another hotfix or two. 

But in the meantime, I am hunting Eidolons with Gauss + Redeemer lol.

Funny enough i think i remember some people were doing eidolon hunts using Ivara & Sancti Castanas, so the only thing i can give a thumbs up is when people come up with creative new ways to handle eidolon hunting, some i believe being so fking interesting and likely much easier to pull off, basically making me frown at the idea on why people keep using the same bland setups to don busting.

Honestly, my latest desire of donbusting is to make use of Daikyu once it comes to console soon, due to how bow changes made it a tempting weapon. Especially since more setup ideas= less chance of bleh since i can play around with other ways then just running some clockwork lazy gags of the same old combo counter abusing rubico `meta`.

21 minutes ago, Avienas said:

You DO understand this is a alt account and not my actual account i play on right?

You do not appear to have any experience from your dialogue, and thanks for the insult, it yielded an ignore ingame.

On 2019-09-05 at 11:42 AM, Nordia said:

I have no evidence that DE really made the eidolons weaker, but obviously any person who hunted them before and after the update can say that they have become much weaker and now even without MR you can destroy the synovia with one shot.

Ever consider the possibility that, over time, more people began farming them and saturated the market? If you have a player base that's constantly becoming stronger and capable of running more content...you're bound to have them seeking out the same sources of revenue that you are, and so the market gets flooded. That's how technology works in the real world too... The new hotness is worth quite a bit at first, but as more people provide a similar service...the price drops significantly.

Well, unless there's a monopoly on the product, of course.

Edit:

There was also the 7k quest to down all three Eidolons for Nightwave. This means a large volume of people who, usually, don't even attempt the other two Eidolons were getting organized, grouping up, and struggling to take them down...becoming better at it, presumably, and then discovering that they can actually do it..........thus obtaining very lucrative items to sell.

Honestly, it's not at all shocking the prices have dropped. They encouraged people to do all three with that 7k quest atop of the fact that it's only natural for more people to start farming them over time to begin with.

Edited by TenebraeAeterna

The only difficult part of Eidolons was getting on when the Day-Night cycle was favorable to your schedule. Did I get lucky by logging in 15 minutes before Night starts or do I now have to wait for over an hour to even start the hunt. I'd rather play another game than wait that long for the only thing left to do in the game. I got burnt out on Warframe due to the Eidolons way before NW due to the asinine idea of the Day-Night cycle.

53 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

Ever consider the possibility that, over time, more people began farming them and saturated the market? If you have a player base that's constantly becoming stronger and capable of running more content...you're bound to have them seeking out the same sources of revenue that you are, and so the market gets flooded. That's how technology works in the real world too... The new hotness is worth quite a bit at first, but as more people provide a similar service...the price drops significantly.

Prices will always drop significantly, but combined with how trading for plat and other goods is in a dis-organized mess, plus it going alot faster then normal, such as how for a long while prime parts even after a good while the relic system has been out were still able to sell for good value, especially primed parts. Now people will beg for vaulted relics at 3 or less plat, even though said relics will not be available for several months likely. It should be up to the players who own the vaulted relics to price the goods not people demanding them for dirt cheap like they are entitled it to be that price.

For a good while, even with all the tools that are currently available to hunt eidolons, even before the adarza bug was fix, that made eidolon hunting go ridiculously faster a good deal, you could of still sold single energize/grace/similar strong arcanes for over 100 platinum. It makes sense if it trickles down but not when it goes to less then half in quite a quick period, which again is likely due to market chat not having some kind of pricing history tracker so people try to stick closer to what other people are pricing and instead it just constantly lowers cause plenty of buyers demand it much lower without knowing what it was going for normally (namely the no-brainers who do not check online) and then the uninformed sellers also go lower because they cannot stand trying to sell it at the pricing average it was likely last week because everyone spiraled it into a mess of: I Do Not Want To Camp The Annoyance Known As Market Chat To Make A Sale, So I Would Rather Keep Selling Stuff Lower To Sell Instant Even If It Leads To Everyone Wanting It Much Lower On The Next Day Till Everyone Thinks They Are Entitled To The Item For A Single Platinum Coin. Basically it becomes that kind of messy mindset 

53 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

Honestly, it's not at all shocking the prices have dropped. They encouraged people to do all three with that 7k quest atop of the fact that it's only natural for more people to start farming them over time to begin with.

Its not really hard to do a single Tridolon, since you can have people literally solo them in 10 minutes with a good setup, even a Trinity or Person with a 1-1-1 amp could likely solo all 3 tridolons within 50 minutes to clear that Objective, plus not even having madurai void strike, operator/amp arcanes or even mods like adaptation and so on. Much easier with an extra person if we had to get casual on it, though it might do a good job hooking some newer players when they learn you can just farm focus shards off of eidolons regardless of MR for the most part, which  restricts the daily focus farm, so they then want to get all the very useful operator skills.

Well think i will stop replying on this thread since apparently Bear got salty over me getting triggered over a person constantly calling me a noob when they could not use more then a single braincell to contemplate that i am actually using a different account then my main account.

Which is the same kind of thinking that i believe is plaguing market chat since the recent `TREND`, is people just posting stuff on market chat without using wts or wtb or even wtt/wttf, making people have no idea what kind of marketing business the person is even wanting to do now, namely on PS4 again of course...

8 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Prices will always drop significantly, but combined with how trading for plat and other goods is in a dis-organized mess, plus it going alot faster then normal, such as how for a long while prime parts even after a good while the relic system has been out were still able to sell for good value, especially primed parts. Now people will beg for vaulted relics at 3 or less plat, even though said relics will not be available for several months likely. It should be up to the players who own the vaulted relics to price the goods not people demanding them for dirt cheap like they are entitled it to be that price.

That's the free market...

You have the right to set your price however high you want it...and the consumer has the right to turn down the offer and either go elsewhere or obtain it themselves. That's not to say that the demands of the consumer will always be reasonable, but it's not a parasitic relationship...both parties have to agree on a price, or there's no deal.

12 minutes ago, Avienas said:

For a good while, even with all the tools that are currently available to hunt eidolons, even before the adarza bug was fix, that made eidolon hunting go ridiculously faster a good deal, you could of still sold single energize/grace/similar strong arcanes for over 100 platinum. It makes sense if it trickles down but not when it goes to less then half in quite a quick period, which again is likely due to market chat not having some kind of pricing history tracker so people try to stick closer to what other people are pricing and instead it just constantly lowers cause plenty of buyers demand it much lower without knowing what it was going for normally (namely the no-brainers who do not check online) and then the uninformed sellers also go lower because they cannot stand trying to sell it at the pricing average it was likely last week because everyone spiraled it into a mess of: I Do Not Want To Camp The Annoyance Known As Market Chat To Make A Sale, So I Would Rather Keep Selling Stuff Lower To Sell Instant Even If It Leads To Everyone Wanting It Much Lower On The Next Day Till Everyone Thinks They Are Entitled To The Item For A Single Platinum Coin. Basically it becomes that kind of messy mindset 

That's actually a very good point that really adds to my own...

The market chat not having any form of pricing history likely does lead to people basing their pricing off the day, likely slowly decreasing the price. It might be prudent for the development team to incorporate an "average price" into the system that shows players what they should expect to pay, or get, in terms of Platinum. ...but if that happens, you also won't see too many high-end sales either...as people will stick to the average price, or barter down. Still...incorporating pricing into the in-game system to give players a better understanding of what to charge and what to spend does make a lot of sense...instead of just blindly going off what's scrolling through chat.

So, combine your point with both of mine...and it becomes even more obvious why the price is plummeting.

20 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Its not really hard to do a single Tridolon, since you can have people literally solo them in 10 minutes with a good setup, even a Trinity or Person with a 1-1-1 amp could likely solo all 3 tridolons within 50 minutes to clear that Objective, plus not even having madurai void strike, operator/amp arcanes or even mods like adaptation and so on. Much easier with an extra person if we had to get casual on it, though it might do a good job hooking some newer players when they learn you can just farm focus shards off of eidolons regardless of MR for the most part, which  restricts the daily focus farm, so they then want to get all the very useful operator skills.

Yeah, the first time I was in a party doing all three of the eidolons...it was by accident and I couldn't even help them. They didn't care, I wasn't needed.

When I was with a few groups doing the first one, it went pretty well. I've seen a few people solo it myself.

47 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

The market chat not having any form of pricing history likely does lead to people basing their pricing off the day, likely slowly decreasing the price. It might be prudent for the development team to incorporate an "average price" into the system that shows players what they should expect to pay, or get, in terms of Platinum. ...but if that happens, you also won't see too many high-end sales either...as people will stick to the average price, or barter down. Still...incorporating pricing into the in-game system to give players a better understanding of what to charge and what to spend does make a lot of sense...instead of just blindly going off what's scrolling through chat.

So, combine your point with both of mine...and it becomes even more obvious why the price is plummeting.

Know i said i was going to stop replying back but just going to do one more and hopefully i can stop my habit of replying lol.

Honestly a average price is better then a low/high price since having it too low will cheat the people who had to put the effort to get said item(especially for those items with less then 2% drop rate on say a rotation C drop only) and having it too high will make people either waste too much plat to getting it that they think the grind would of been better or not want to buy it at all. Riven mod kind of being a primed example of the latter, especially since dispositions can change the range of effective-ness that said riven can provide when aiming for a `better roll`.

When a price will not sink further but it will not rise any higher after it hits that stabilization point aka sticking to a rough average consistently, both parties can thrive on a good sale and can even lead to the seller wanting to stock in bulk to continue to actively provide to buyers. But of course, warframe does not have the equivalency of Holy Water that Mabinogi has (look up the game and its item holy water to get an idea on what i mean), so it will be forever impossible for warframe to get its `stabilization goods` that will stay on a decent value that any party can benefit from.

Edited by Avienas