The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Optimization? Where?

Sabus115

Hello everyone, first time posting on the forum. I've tried to see if anyone had already posted this kind of issue but saw nothing (if I missed, redirect me to the post).
Like some of you guys and gals, I can't play on a super powerful pc, but have to use a laptop (and not one made for gaming). Now, what's the issue, you might ask. As some other updates, the latest mainline update brought other bugs, one of which is... really annoying, considering that it shouldn't be doing that. The problem lies with the new optimizations made for dual core laptops, which made the complete opposite: more stuttering, even longer loading times and more ram usage than before. I'll run you with some data:

Before Saint of Altra
-Normal missions: between 900 -1050 mega bytes of ram
-Jupiter tileset: between 1200 - 1300 mega bytes of ram 
-Relays: generally 1200 mega bytes of ram, if there are a lot of players it's more
-Cetus: around 1300 - 1400 mega bytes of ram
-Plains of Eidolon: around 1600 - 1700 mega bytes of ram
- Fortuna: same as Cetus
- Orb Vallis: my laptop can't handle that place

After Saint of Altra
-Normal missions: between 1200 -1350 mega bytes of ram
-Jupiter tileset: between 1400 - 1600 mega bytes of ram 
-Relays: 1500 mega bytes of ram, if there are a lot of players it's more
-Cetus: around 1600 - 1800 mega bytes of ram
-Plains of Eidolon: around 1900 - 2000 mega bytes of ram
- Fortuna: didn't test, but it's probably same as Cetus, or maybe even worse

Aside the Jupiter tileset, Cetus, Fortuna and Plains of Eidolon I use low settings, with only Volumetric Lighting, Adaptive Exposure, Ambient Occlusion turned on, the rest is off, when I go in those places I have everything turned off. Also, I play on windowed mode with max 40 fps, and it runs pretty smoothly, but now it's stuttering almost constantly.
As you can see, it's a pretty annoying thing, especially if you consider the fact that and optimization should make a pc run better, not worse.

• Like 1

I also got a problem, don't want to create a new post, as name of this one suits well. Today(I wasn't playing for 2 days, so don't know the exact fix which caused the problem) Every 5 minutes or so(randomly) I get fps loss from 60(it's locked) to 20... Even on orbiter( I usually got 200 fps there without lock). I checked the system with processexplorer and saw that warframe uses around 30% of it's resource, but than I get fps loss the usage goes to 90%... Also time goes up from 16.67 to 50.0. I've tried to turn off many effects, but still get drops. What happend?

Got the same problem, usually 200-300 fps on orbiter and atleast 150+ on misison since the new patch everything went crap... have the sam e issius sometimes my gpu usuage on only 50% and getting random fps drops everywhere, bigger drops in fights. That have never ever happened before, DE should fix this optimalizations...

Same here. Submitted a ticket to support with all my logs attached, frame rate drops a lot no matter what, game is also using more CPU than before mainline update, although I only noticed it more after DE re-adjusted the lighting shaders with the hotfix a couple days ago.

Attempted a full complete uninstall/removal and reinstall of GPU drivers, ensuring everything else is updated fully, it seems to be only Warframe is doing this.

Oh boy, this is not the first one. Every time when they update the game (aka mainline update), they always ruin the optimization. Steve always excited about the new updates (new lights, shadows etc), but always #*!%ed up with the new stuffs.. every time. Orb of Vallis still bugged af, but no, we make new lightning, new shadow, (and later maybe RTX support). WHY ??? The game is fully bugged right now. I don't understand this...

Also if you see "optimization" in the patch note, pray for minimum 10 fps loss, and not more... And this is not funny..

Went in a void mission: Mirage + acceltra = instant -50 fps. If there a mirage in the group i'm always losing 30-40 fps. And this bug is 1 YEAR OLD !

Disruption void mission still halving my fps. When the yellow flash come up instantly loosing 20-30 fps. When i'm shooting same loosing 20-25 fps.

Kuva tileset ? Kuva survival ? No problem -30 fps. If there a Nekros in the group ? No problem -50 fps after 10 min.

Eso ? Can't do in group, starting with 80-90 fps, after 3 round i have 40 fps...

Too much enemy in a small area ? No problem -40 fps..

After Saint of Altra update my fps is lower on Infested tileset too (Eris). Interesting...

Longer missions ? (survival, defense etc) No problem, -20fps / 5 min.

Arbitration ? No problem 30-40 fps after 10 min.

Orb of Vallis and Poe ? XDD, joke..

After almost 1500 playtime i'm tired. They always ruin the game. But be thankful, we got Gauss + 2 new weapon, and later we can get Atlas Prime, instead of optimization fixes. Thx DE.

(Sry for bad english)

Oh, @[DE]Linkski i hope you will read this.

(Pls don't fix these problems, doesn't necessary, the next mainline you guys ruin/break again. Thx)

Edited by smebjulak
correction and extra infos

On 2019-09-05 at 4:08 PM, Sabus115 said:

Before Saint of Altra
-Normal missions: between 900 -1050 mega bytes of ram
-Jupiter tileset: between 1200 - 1300 mega bytes of ram 
-Relays: generally 1200 mega bytes of ram, if there are a lot of players it's more
-Cetus: around 1300 - 1400 mega bytes of ram
-Plains of Eidolon: around 1600 - 1700 mega bytes of ram
- Fortuna: same as Cetus
- Orb Vallis: my laptop can't handle that place

After Saint of Altra
-Normal missions: between 1200 -1350 mega bytes of ram
-Jupiter tileset: between 1400 - 1600 mega bytes of ram 
-Relays: 1500 mega bytes of ram, if there are a lot of players it's more
-Cetus: around 1600 - 1800 mega bytes of ram
-Plains of Eidolon: around 1900 - 2000 mega bytes of ram

- Fortuna: didn't test, but it's probably same as Cetus, or maybe even worse

On 2019-09-08 at 6:56 AM, smebjulak said:

Went in a void mission: Mirage + acceltra = instant -50 fps. If there a mirage in the group i'm always losing 30-40 fps. And this bug is 1 YEAR OLD !

Disruption void mission still halving my fps. When the yellow flash come up instantly loosing 20-30 fps. When i'm shooting same loosing 20-25 fps.

Kuva tileset ? Kuva survival ? No problem -30 fps. If there a Nekros in the group ? No problem -50 fps after 10 min.

Eso ? Can't do in group, starting with 80-90 fps, after 3 round i have 40 fps...

Too much enemy in a small area ? No problem -40 fps..

After Saint of Altra update my fps is lower on Infested tileset too (Eris). Interesting...

Longer missions ? (survival, defense etc) No problem, -20fps / 5 min.

Arbitration ? No problem 30-40 fps after 10 min.

Orb of Vallis and Poe ? XDD, joke.

There is definitely some more work that we can do on the Acceltra. I've recently come across an issue with some particle explosions being used by this weapon, but one of our effects artists is going to work on optimizing it very shortly.

As for the rest of these lists, we are currently looking through them now and working to make any improvements that we can find.

In the meantime, you'll want to make sure all of your drivers are up to date (especially GPU drivers). We also recommend verifying and optimizing your download cache just to make sure everything is running as optimally as it should.

You can do this via. the Warframe launcher:

Verify_and_defrag_Cache.png

If we come across any improvements that we can make from these lists then we will do our best to get them in an update ASAP.

Thanks!

Edited by [DE]Linkski
  • Like 1