Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Vauban rework ideas!

Icecryos

Hi,

I’ve been on the feedback section of the forum for the last few day and i told myself « i know what this forum need, more Vauban rework ideas ! ». This is my first post on the forum but i started the game a long time ago (enought time to see Vauban going from top tier frame to what we have now...). Since vauban is my most played frame i decided to share some ideas. I tried to make Vauban more usefull without destroying his identity and make it funnier to play.

Passive :

I think the actual passive is good, maybe it could apply to allies

Power sphere (ability 1):

Vauban throw a sphere (similar to the tesla sphere) up to a limit of 4, the spheres are permanents, placing more spheres will remove the first ones.

This ability is a bit special, the sphere itself does nothing but will have a lot of interraction with the others abilities. You will be able to use them as « turret », explosive trap or buff area. Basically this is a tool to increase the area of effect or the power of your abilities. In order to work properly these sphere have to be really cheap (5-10 energy each), they also need to be permanent or at least during a lot of time (2-3min).

Shredding grenade (ability 2) :

Vauban throw a shredding grenade which explode on impact and from each power spheres . Each explosion will do blast damages, apply a disrupt effect (magnetic proc) and permanently lower the armor of the ennemy by 20-25 % (the effects can be stacked).

The purpose of this grenade is to weaken the resistance of the ennemy and deal some damages. Used with the power spheres, you can create a big explosion area (like a minelayer), or a more powerfull explosion by placing multiple power spheres at the same point. Keep in mind the power sphere are permanents, this mean that they will stay after the explosion.

This ability replace the minelayer and try to solve two major problems :

• The bounce is a gimmick ability, tripwire and concussion are redundant with the others CC abilities, sherd is the only usefull mine.

• The fact that the ennemies have to walk on the mine make them hard to use effectively.

Supercharge (ability 3) :

This is a channeled ability, you can activate/ desactivate it with a « long press » (0,5-0,75 sec) and you can quick press to switch between 3 differents buffs :

• Tesla arc : Vauban and the power spheres electrocute the nearby ennemies around them every seconds applying electrical damage and tesla chain (electricity proc) ; vauban and the allies have a damage bonus of 40 % if they are near vauban or a power sphere plus 15% for each other power spheres.

• Overshield : Vauban and the the power spheres gives 40 % shield bonus and -40 % shield recharge to the nearby allies, plus 15 % for each other power spheres.

• Nullifier : create a large zone around vauban and the power spheres that nullify the ennemy CC (shockwave or hook) and and ennemy abilities (eximus buff, ennemy nullifier).

This support ability give versatility to Vauban and the rest of the squad depending on the situation, this is a channeled ability so once activated, you can switch between the buffs very easily.
Coupled with the power spheres you can create big area of effect for the tesla arc or the nullifier, you can also regroup the spheres to increase the power of your buffs in a smaller area.
Theses buffs work around vauban (he is himself affected by the buff), this allow you to use this ability on a mission that require more mobility.

Bastille/vortex (ability 4):

With a quick press, you throw a bastille, with a « long press » (0.5-0,75s) you throw a vortex. The two abilities have a bigger range than the actual ones and the ennemies limit on the bastille is removed. Throwing a vortex inside a bastille will attract all the ennemies caught by bastille,

Bastille and vortex are the core ability of the actual Vauban, i want to keep them but i think they can be combined into one ability. They also need way bigger range to compete with the other CC abilities in the game.

Augment mod :

• Power sphere augments : simply double the power sphere limit by 2 and form a link between them that deal slash damages (similat to tesla link).

• Supercharge augment : when supercharge is active, form a link between vauban and the power spheres that deal slash damages (similat to tesla link).

• Bastille/vortex augment : if a bastille or a vortex is active, it cast a vortex on each power sphere with a smaller range (25-30% of the diameter).

Edited by Icecryos

3 hours ago, Icecryos said:

Power sphere (ability 1):

Vauban throw a sphere (similar to the tesla sphere) up to a limit of 4, the spheres are permanents, placing more spheres will remove the first ones.

This ability is a bit special, the sphere itself does nothing but will have a lot of interraction with the others abilities. You will be able to use them as « turret », explosive trap or buff area. Basically this is a tool to increase the area of effect or the power of your abilities. In order to work properly these sphere have to be really cheap (5-10 energy each), they also need to be permanent or at least during a lot of time (2-3min)

This ability cant exist as an warframe 1 because at rank 1 the warframe has no skills. Before you even bring up equinox , metamorphosis has small buffs attached to it.

Supercharge (ability 3) :

This is a channeled ability, you can activate/ desactivate it with a « long press » (0,5-0,75 sec) and you can quick press to switch between 3 differents buffs :

• Tesla arc : Vauban and the power spheres electrocute the nearby ennemies around them every seconds applying electrical damage and tesla chain (electricity proc) ; vauban and the allies have a damage bonus of 40 % if they are near vauban or a power sphere plus 15% for each other power spheres.

• Overshield : Vauban and the the power spheres gives 40 % shield bonus and -40 % shield recharge to the nearby allies, plus 15 % for each other power spheres.

• Nullifier : create a large zone around vauban and the power spheres that nullify the ennemy CC (shockwave or hook) and and ennemy abilities (eximus buff, ennemy nullifier)

Decent idea but just remove the ability to nullify nulifeirs.

Bastille/vortex (ability 4):

No problem here.

4: Tesla Field: emit a ring of pure energy, smelting enemies with electric energy, while allies gain X amount of energy per second.  

Augment: Fire Field: emit a ring of radiation and magnetism in addition to electric 

Itll look like an Tesla generator, bearing simulative resemblance to Ember's ring of fire with the range of a 280 limbo bubble 

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

Scott does not have a good track record with reworks. He should get any half decent imput he can get.

The only truly bad reworks in recent memory (outside of nerfs) have been Nyx and Titania. And there’s more than enough evidence to prove that Scott had little to no input on those. The Oberon, Hydroid And Limbo reworks were all great (Hydroid fell off again because meta change). Honestly aside from the nerf hammer meme stuff Scott is competent at reworking frames.

Il y a 12 heures, Tatann a dit :

I've also suggested making grenades permanent for his 1 and 2, but having permanent vortex or bastille is OP

It should at least come with energy drain 

Actually the bastille/vortex would work like the actual ones, so they wouldn't be permanent. If you speak about the bastille/vortex augment, maybe the range could be reduced to 10-15%.

Il y a 10 heures, keikogi a dit :

This ability cant exist as an warframe 1 because at rank 1 the warframe has no skills. Before you even bring up equinox , metamorphosis has small buffs attached to it.

I agree with this, i had to explain this ability first since she is linked to the other abilities. The easiest solution would be to exchange the first and the third abilities.

Il y a 10 heures, keikogi a dit :

Decent idea but just remove the ability to nullify nulifeirs.

Removing this would be problematic, the main benefit of this ability is to create a safe zone to use your powers, it should at least prevent the enemies nullifier to destroy your abilities.

Edited by Icecryos

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Rahetalius is like the definitive Vauban main. If anybody has any idea on how to fix Vauban it’s him.

I don't see how it's related, it only proves he play Vauban a lot, not that he's better suited

You can repeat a task / play a sport a thousand days and still not master it, and not knowing how to make it better (or at least not being the most suited to)

I'm not saying his ideas are bad, I've watched his videos, including the recent 1h long, and I like most of them (except the gas rework), but if some others have better ideas, I'm not narrow minded (cause it ruins range, get it ;-) )

14 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The only truly bad reworks in recent memory (outside of nerfs) have been Nyx and Titania

I know what evidence you have for these, but I will take your word, Titania and Nyx are out of this discussion.

14 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The only truly bad reworks in recent memory (outside of nerfs) have been Nyx and Titania. And there’s more than enough evidence to prove that Scott had little to no input on those. The Oberon, Hydroid And Limbo reworks were all great (Hydroid fell off again because meta change). Honestly aside from the nerf hammer meme stuff Scott is competent at reworking frames.

As far as know the dreaded ember rework as Scott doing. Limbo rework good. Oberon only got half decent after month of community rioting about some aspects of the rework.  Hydroid rework sucked because it didn’t addressed any problem his kit had (also Hydroid did not enter in the meta due to the rework, he entered the meta because pilfering swarm existed , the rework didn’t help him at all)

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Rahetalius is like the definitive Vauban main. If anybody has any idea on how to fix Vauban it’s him.

Being a fan or main of something gives you knowledge of something, but it also can give you heavy bias that might cloud your judgment.