Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught auto teleport to a next level

LaCroixCZ

Hello,

yesterday, I have probably encountered a bug in SO - I was in normal Sanctuary Onslaught, played as Gauss. When the conduit to the next level appeared, I hid in a corner (+- 20m away from the portal) and wanted to leave, but when I've switched to the Operator mode to survive the countdown, I got automatically teleported to the next level (can't tell if it was immediate or after few seconds) even though I was pretty far away from the portal (both frame and operator were nowhere near it, so I doubt that I've accidentally entered the conduit - no dashing etc, just standing in the Void mode). It happened at least 2 times (I've managed to leave by not entering the Operator mode), I haven't tried it since. It can cause some unpleasant experience when everyone leaves and you face the enemies alone 🙂 

Just now, LaCroixCZ said:

Operator mode to survive the countdown

the mist wont hury ýou. Have you used the Operator in this tile set or did you just switched to him as the mist came in?

Spoiler

Can be possible, because the warframe and the operator are 2 different entities. As the start of the Tile Set you start by the Portal Location, maybe (becuase you didnt used your operator), the game gave your oparator 2 locations (by your frame and the portal) and then decided to prioritze the portal location over your warframe location.

2 minutes ago, x_xGamerx_x said:

the mist wont hury ýou. Have you used the Operator in this tile set or did you just switched to him as the mist came in?

Hide contents

Can be possible, because the warframe and the operator are 2 different entities. As the start of the Tile Set you start by the Portal Location, maybe (becuase you didnt used your operator), the game gave your oparator 2 locations (by your frame and the portal) and then decided to prioritze the portal location over your warframe location.

Yea, I know that and I've thought that this could be the cause too, but afaik I've used the Operator because of Energizing dash (still could accidentally relocate myself at the portal location though). I will try it again once I get back home and edit the post afterwards.

I have sometimes had my operator shoot across the room.Did you see anything like that happening?

(But, also: you do not have to survive in sanctuary onslaught. It's "just a simulation". You lose affinity if you self-revive, and of course you can't do anything when you're down, but you will exit on timeout or 0 efficiency just fine.)

I am unable to reproduce this on my end. If you are still encountering this bug, please provide additional details, such as reproduction steps, what was happening before the issue started, possibly your build and settings. What kind of squad you were in (solo, host, client) In addition, videos and/or pictures would be greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

I have a video. Happened to me, but only as a client of multiplayer squad.
1. Transference to operator.
2. Move operator to be too close to the next conduct portal, while portal is not up yet.
3. Transference to return to Warframe.
3. Wait for conduct to show up.
4. Go far far away, then use transference. character goes slow motion then teleport to next zone.

Somehow the game incorrectly use the previous location of operator and not the current location to check if close enough to go to next zone. Oh and, I frequently see other players, them being a client, on map, teleport from their previous position to current position every time their client (not host) uses transference. The higher the network ping, the longer operator stays on previous position until network ping delay catch up.

Edited by sam686
spell fix