Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolons- Meh!

(XBOX)Duke DEFCON

Here's the issue I have with Eidolon hunts. You need to have end game gear and a powerful operator... but to get a powerful operator, you need to kill Eidolons... so then you're forced to SUCK at Eidolon hunts to become good at Eidolon hunting... but once you become good, why do you need to hunt Eidolons?

This is where I believe they need to expand the role of operators... because I just don't understand the point. I'm doing it, I just don't understand it. Got prime Chroma, Trinity, Volt and a slew of other frames. Just need to level up my operator more... but... why? I even have an awesome Hildryn build that I can leave parked with all Aegis and Haven abilities on while I run around in operator mode indefinitely... which is neat because I don't see anyone else doing it... but again... why?

• you don't 'need' 'endgame' stuff whatsoever to complete Eidolons in a reasonable time frame.
  • you can get Focus elsewhere in the game, not only Eidolons. infact the ways other than Eidolons existed for a long time before they even existed.
    • sure, the Focus options other than Eidolons are daily limited, but it's still there and plenty of progress can be made.
  • spacekid has pushed use in far more than just Eidolons. it is used for some other Bosses as well, and Quests certainly make use of spacekid.
  • Eidolons have more to offer in Rewards than just Focus tokens.

unrelated i would prefer one picked a Warframe that can contribute something to the Mission rather than something like Hildryn - though granted one could make Balefire do decent Damage.

Edited by taiiat

I think he's talking about getting a good Amp from Onkko. In order to grind rep, you have to kill eidolons, but to effectively kill eidolons you need a good amp. This isn't entirely true, but what is true is that the rep crawl is comparitavely slower than other rep crawls, the grind is much more intense. But, that's just opinion.