Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latest PS4 Gauss mainline broke Kavat hunting.

(PSN)FeFiFoeFlo

The latest patch has made kavat farming very difficult its almost as it was when it was introduced way back in the day. 

Scanning a kavat now makes it impossible to find them, when you ballistica alt fire charge kill them and produce a shadow clone they spawn invisible and move way too aggressively so scanning them is impossible too, please change all this back to how it was before the mainline, they didn't used to go auto aggro and invisible straight away. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)FeFiFoeFlo said:

I just threw up a little, I despise gauss he's the first out of 41 wf's I will never ever use again til a complete rework is done. Leveled him and once was enough. 

Whaaaa? Why? He’s amazing. They may have put 1 too many restrictions on his battery, but he’s probably the most fun frame they’ve released in years while also being viable for just about any content.

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Whaaaa? Why? He’s amazing. They may have put 1 too many restrictions on his battery, but he’s probably the most fun frame they’ve released in years while also being viable for just about any content.

This is totally off topic but I really don't like his inefficient battery/red line, the lack luster fire and ice combo for both spread and damage, overall I find myself using all his skills over n over but get absolutely no gains versus just using atterax rubico catch moon redeemer etc and ignoring all his kit instead. If I wanna use gauss I'll just use volt instead, way more skill n weapon to skill pay offs/dps. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)FeFiFoeFlo said:

This is totally off topic but I really don't like his inefficient battery/red line, the lack luster fire and ice combo for both spread and damage, overall I find myself using all his skills over n over but get absolutely no gains versus just using atterax rubico catch moon redeemer etc and ignoring all his kit instead. If I wanna use gauss I'll just use volt instead, way more skill n weapon to skill pay offs/dps. 

So you find Volt, a frame who you just have to press his 4 to kill enemies around you, to be a frame that requires more skill to use than Gauss, a frame that requires resource management and constant inputs to get his fullest benefit.

A lot of frames have 1 bad ability. Gauss’s is thermal sunset. It requires building for stats that none of his other abilities care about.

Also just to make sure of something. You were building Gauss for Duration, not strength, right?

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

24 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So you find Volt, a frame who you just have to press his 4 to kill enemies around you, to be a frame that requires more skill to use than Gauss, a frame that requires resource management and constant inputs to get his fullest benefit.

A lot of frames have 1 bad ability. Gauss’s is thermal sunset. It requires building for stats that none of his other abilities care about.

Also just to make sure of something. You were building Gauss for Duration, not strength, right?

I wasn't saying volt takes more skill than gauss to play I was saying the mix up and inclusion of skills felt better. Also my warframe choices/playstyles are based on 40 minute missions where the press 4 tactic doesn't work. Press 4 for cc overshield and condition overloading, 1 for spot cc Co, 2 adding reload and fire rate, 3 for burst dmg camping and crit. Point being I can and do use all his kit. Whilst on gauss I will never use any of it because it's too clunky and ineffective versus volts dps and kps with weapons doing killing. 

I have built gauss for duration and on a second attempt for efficiency and duration range hybrid both felt horrible. Ultimately I stopped using his 3 and 4, just kept 2 on n used 1 for gap closing whilst relying completely weapons in stead. 

To get back to the topic gauss 3 doesn't fix the ballistica prime shadow scanning issue.