Jump to content
(PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk

So I had a few ideas...

Recommended Posts

...and I'd like some input on 'em. Seeing them might be nice, but I'm honestly not expecting that day, so all these are are, well, ideas.

NOTE: If this is placed in the wrong spot, please redirect it to where more appropriate.

------

1) An extra stance slot to allow stance-swapping, or even mode-change, during fly. (I doubt I wasn't the only one disappointed to learn that Dark Split-sword doesn't function like how it's implied.) The following may change if implemented, but as I see it, older weapons barring the DSS would be limited to stance-swapping due to needing to retro the older weapons for dual-mode. Dual-mode would be swapping between stances of different weapon types and would likely require newer weapons designed with multi-type potential. Examples of this would be a staff becoming a tri-section staff at the push of a button, something like the Gram (or even an Orthos-type) splitting to become halves of a Dual Swords pair, or a sword loosening to become a blade-whip like Ivy's in Soul Calibur.

2) In alliance, I mentioned charging thrown items like the Zenistar disc during a combo to reduce combat vulnerability; when the charge timer peaks, the item's deploy position is treated as if it were from the user's hands. (Someone from my clan didn't like the idea, but unless someone can explain any issues with this, I'm not seeing any problem.)

3) Stances that affect different stats of a weapon, like speed or IPS orientation. To date, the only one that has this is the Dark Split-sword, which trades damage/status chance for speed/critical chance with Dual Swords.

4) More zaw head options and possibly an Orthos-esque double-headed grip able to accept 2 different heads. (Idea was dropped back in 2018, iirc.)

5) Stat cards listing anything that could show up on a riven that affects the weapon's handling. This is because not all weapons have the same performance of a given stat between weapons of different types (or even within the same type), and this is further altered by mods. Honestly, tho, maybe it's just me, but I'd like to know stuff like what mods have increased/decreased my melee range to, or how much better my riven-equipped Seer can see.

------

Note on #1, I'd heard from a friend way back when that melee channeling might be done like a low-health trigger similar to Final Fantasy's Limit Breaks, so I was looking at alt fire when I drew up the idea. But given how alt fire on melee turned out...

Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

2) In alliance, I mentioned charging thrown items like the Zenistar disc during a combo to reduce combat vulnerability; when the charge timer peaks, the item's deploy position is treated as if it were from the user's hands. (Someone from my clan didn't like the idea, but unless someone can explain any issues with this, I'm not seeing any problem.)

Well, your suggestion doesn't make a lot of sense. Perhaps a better explanation would encourage people to agree with you. I don't even know how you mean for this to function.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

3) Stances that affect different stats of a weapon, like speed or IPS orientation.

Some do this already. Do you just want more that do it/more variety?

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

5) Stat cards listing anything that could show up on a riven that affects the weapon's handling.

What do you believe this means? I would say the only stats that effect the handling of a weapon are Fire Rate, Attack Speed and Reload Speed.

 

Maybe it is just how you have explained these, but I am not sure how well thought out or worth implementing any of these are.

  • I would like 'on the fly' stance swapping for DSS though.
Edited by krc473

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My apologies, its probably how I explained it.

For #2, you can be vulnerable during charge-up. With the Zenistar, there's a Heavy Blade stance that has a triple-slash followed by a lunge, during which you can do nothing till it completes. During that window, for instance, what I'm suggesting is being able to start the charge; when the charge completes, the disc will float-deploy like it's reached the end of a throw.

For #3, I'd noted that inside a weapon's type, none of the type's stances offer any stat changes. For instance, Twirling Spire feels a bit slower than the other polearm stances yet doesn't reduce attack speed when equipped. So probably variety.

For #5, 'handling' might not be the word. What I'm getting at is the card's unshown mod-modifiable stats like zoom magnification and melee range, especially if you factor in rivens that can drastically increase or decrease those stats.

As for multi-stance and dual-mode weaponry, I did comment that single-stance has begun to feel a bit stale. AFAIK, dual-mode weaponry may never happen, but I think an extra slot to swap stances within a weapon's type (like Bleeding Willow>Shimmering Blight) might be presently doable, and would add some variety.

Edited by (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

For #5, 'handling' might not be the word. What I'm getting at is the card's unshown mod-modifiable stats like zoom magnification and melee range, especially if you factor in rivens that can drastically increase or decrease those stats.

That makes a lot more sense. I do think that is a reasonable request.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

For #3, I'd noted that inside a weapon's type, none of the type's stances offer any stat changes

Similar to how auras don’t actually show what they do, stances also don’t. Some state ‘fast/quick’ or ‘slow’ attacks. These do actually change the attack speed. And most stances come with damage buffs/procs in the combos. You basically have to look at the wiki for this. More variety couldn’t hurt though.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

During that window, for instance, what I'm suggesting is being able to start the charge; when the charge completes, the disc will float-deploy like it's reached the end of a throw.

It seems like this is tailored to Zenistar. What about the actual thrown Melees? Take a Glaive for example, this suggestion is a significant hinderance. You don’t want your Glaive to float there, you want to charge throw it.

  • Perhaps there could have been some confusion. If you mean exclusively for Zenistar like weapon’s it is probably okay. If you mean actual thrown Melee it isn’t great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-09-19 at 11:12 PM, (PS4)Raven-Ghosthawk said:

Note on #1, I'd heard from a friend way back when that melee channeling might be done like a low-health trigger similar to Final Fantasy's Limit Breaks, so I was looking at alt fire when I drew up the idea. But given how alt fire on melee turned out...

I heard something recently to the effect that channeling was possibly being altered from how it currently is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...