Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bow Crits

Luminide

This is just a call for a buff to the paris prime and dread's crit chance which is much needed. I use paris prime as my main and i gotta say that for a weapon that depends on crits it doesnt crit that often. Perhaps increasing the base crit chance to 35% like the soma will make it viable when compared to other weapons. PLEASE DE MAKE THIS CHANGE.

P.S:If the bow's crit damage could be increased by 25%-50% it would be much appreciated(althought the crit chance is of more importance).

In what you suggest, the Paris prime and dread would be modable to an 87.5% crit chance. I think you're asking for a bit too much.

But there are weapons like the Soma that have both high base damage and a 35% crit chance anyway, and it's not even a sniper. As it is, my Soma is hitting 600-1.2k per bullet in a 100 size clip, which makes the bows downright useless in comparison.

What are you talking about. The base chance is 20%. That's huge. The crits are insanely high too. I've broken 2k. 

You just want a maxed point strike to take the crit chance to 100%. Currently a max rank point strike takes it to 50% crit  chance. Meaning every other shot will crit. 

Edited by HailCreation

Crit Chance doesnt work that way. 100% Crit Chance mod doubles the base Crit Chance of the weapon

I'm fully aware. I may have exaggerated a little but...

The base crit is 20% right now. Increase that by what he's asking and that brings it to 25~30% base crit chance. Add in a max point strike to that and he's asking for a 62.5~75% critical chance. On a weapon that can easily break 1500 damage in a single critical, and has a unique mod to floor that damage even higher, is absolutely ridiculous.  

35 crti chance would be good.

You realize that'd be an 87.5% critical chance with max point strike, right? 

+1 to the critical chance, nothing is more frustrating to have RNG in a sniper.

Sniping is about aiming in the right spot, not shooting at an arm and hoping for a critical. 

Edited by HailCreation

You realize that'd be an 87.5% critical chance with max point strike, right? 

Yeah and wat ? do you use sinper at least ? you know how frustrating is to praise the rng gods you SLOW AND PRECISE POWERHOUSE do the job ?

Its a sniper, is fine to have that crit.

Sniping is about aiming in the right spot, not shooting at an arm and hoping for a critical. 

Wow i dint know sniper are for that *cought*  but still having a frustrating RNG critical chance.

But there are weapons like the Soma that have both high base damage and a 35% crit chance anyway, and it's not even a sniper. As it is, my Soma is hitting 600-1.2k per bullet in a 100 size clip, which makes the bows downright useless in comparison.

Didnt know 10 was considered high base damage, and as for the crit chance you dont need to change it, with multishot your almost guaranteed to crit on one of the two shots, with only a small chance not to crit at all, and with a bow your completely silent, plus you can occasionally hit multiple targets with it. The crit chance should be left alone for now, maybe changed once the armor update comes out.

Use "Thunderbolt". Some will Crit.

If they do than then they have to buff Snipertron Crit rate also.

"Thunderbolt" should be buffed to 50%. 30% is just too littl.

Alright, i'm going to have to say this. 

Thunderbolt is garbage and it doesn't crit. 

Also Snipetron doesn't need a buff as it is a legacy weapon and the Vandal is exclusive. IMO that's out of the question. 

30% is a reasonable chance to blow up, even with Split Chamber which somehow increases the chance to another 30%. 

50% will make it ridiculous since you have  more chance to kill yourself than the 30%. 

Thunderbolt should be buffed period.

It's a crap mod.

If I were to see a Buff for thunderbolt, it should be that the elemental stacks up with it. 

What are you talking about. The base chance is 20%. That's huge. The crits are insanely high too. I've broken 2k. 

You just want a maxed point strike to take the crit chance to 100%. Currently a max rank point strike takes it to 50% crit  chance. Meaning every other shot will crit. 

Have you gone to lvl100+ missions? 2k is nothing there.And there is nothing worse than not critting several times in a row. I mean,i think increasing crit chance is fair because DE said that they are getting better crit weps. Look at the soma,dealing 500+ per shot,atleast crit chance needs to be buffed for all bows. Crit chance that's it because if a bow doesn't crit it doesn't deal ANY substantial damage.

Edited by Luminide

all sniper class weapon shld have a specific mod.

a mod that increase weakness/body part multiplier, like grineer weak point = head. 2x

this mod base increase it by 0.5 and increase by 0.5 per mod level. have a total mod lvl of 6... that is +3x to the special body part multiplier.

which will be 2x +3x that is 5x dmg when hit on that area.

all sniper class weapon shld have a specific mod.

a mod that increase weakness/body part multiplier, like grineer weak point = head. 2x

this mod base increase it by 0.5 and increase by 0.5 per mod level. have a total mod lvl of 6... that is +3x to the special body part multiplier.

which will be 2x +3x that is 5x dmg when hit on that area.

That would be awesome but I think it should be specific for bows since they are already outclassed by snipers by a long mile.

That would be awesome but I think it should be specific for bows since they are already outclassed by snipers by a long mile.

Outclassed by snipers.. the only TRUE sniper in the game is lanka since vanladtron and snipertron are event exclusive and vulkar is crap.

Bow has Thunderbolt, snipers are more for taking down the big guys.

Outclassed by snipers.. the only TRUE sniper in the game is lanka since vanladtron and snipertron are event exclusive and vulkar is crap.

Bow has Thunderbolt, snipers are more for taking down the big guys.

Why should I ever use a bow instead of the Lanka? The Lanka is also silenced and even if I put the silencer mod on the Vandaltron it'll do more DPS than any bow ever could. I don't think the upcoming tenno sniper will be any worse if you look at the Soma... The draw speed and reload time of the bows just make them a bad choice compared to the Lanka right now.

I really hope they'll introduce a clan tech bow which is on par with the Lanka.

Edited by R4yn0r

The problem with sniper weapons / bows is that they have very low rate of fire, but that makes sense as they're single shot (other than the semi-auto sniper).

I always expected that sniper weapon's main damage source would always have been critical damage due to the limited RoF but it seems not to be completely the case.

As for bows, I usually rely on the 'thumbling' effect from killing an enemy and have them slam into others; doesn't increase the damage done on the target per say, but the aftermath means 2-3 or even 4 kills in one arrow.

I'm just guessing that Soma's current damage figure was going to be the snipers'; good crit rate, high crit damage multiplier to compensate for the RoF and making precision, long range shots count.

Edited by Wiegraf

Why should I ever use a bow instead of the Lanka? The Lanka is also silenced and even if I put the silencer mod on the Vandaltron it'll do more DPS than any bow ever could. I don't think the upcoming tenno sniper will be any worse if you look at the Soma... The draw speed and reload time of the bows just make them a bad choice compared to the Lanka right now.

I really hope they'll introduce a clan tech bow which is on par with the Lanka.

Lanka needs formas and more work to become that level and bowa has a BIGGER ROF than lanka or vandaltron also punish you less if you fail a shoot.