Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, The Corrupted

grndragon

For some reason, i feel myself highly interested in them.

The game says they are controlled by the "neural sentry" of the orokin locations, however, i've wondered about something related to that: whether the corrupted are zombie-like, being dead units reanimated by the control devices issued by the neural sentry, or if they are fully aware, and able to percieve the world and think, but without control of their own body.

i.e if they are basically mind controlled zombies, or prisoners in their own body (ancients not included of course, unless the hivemind would be able to percieve what they see and do)

My opinion would rather be a slightly different option : the "neural sentry" controls their will, itself. Not just their movements. They don't feel forced to shoot at you, they just want to do it.

Actually, if you want somebody to do something and have the technology to access one's nervous system, the most effortless thing to do is to make him WANT to do it. He'll do it more effectively than you controlling him.

It may seem strange, but recent knowledge in neuroscience tends to show that we have no "free will". If somebody manages to make you want something, you will feel you want it by yourself and won't even try to avoid doing it.

In the video where Vor (is it Vor?) opens the void to get to Exca and is stopped by a cell formed by Ash, Nyx and Frost; Exca kills Vor but at the end of the video you can see him being reanimated by the neural sentry.

So I guess the neural sentry just takes over the dead bodies of raiders.

In the video where Vor (is it Vor?) opens the void to get to Exca and is stopped by a cell formed by Ash, Nyx and Frost; Exca kills Vor but at the end of the video you can see him being reanimated by the neural sentry.

So I guess the neural sentry just takes over the dead bodies of raiders.

As far as i understand it, it was Vor's augmentions and orokin infused technology which reanimated him, and the fight on mercury is his "revenge".

remember, in the video, it is more like a derelict orokin place, which don't seem to have a working neural sensor.