Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just my feedback on disruptions.

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

-Only let 1 key be used at a time.  This would help Random groups of players, and even force people to learn how to play this mode.   Letting multiple people use multiple keys at once just destroys the teamwork part of this mode.   OR you could do the opposite and turn this into a giant Epeen contest.  Visually mark Demons so they can be easily seen across multiple tiles.  Then it can be a competitive anti-social thing about who can kill the demons faster and who killed more. That would be 1 thing I suggest if you read no further....

I hated Disruption when it first showed up.  For a variety of reasons that have mostly all been addressed since.   I was dreading having to grind disruptions for guass, his weapons, new lua lens.  But during the grinding in my Ember and more importantly thanx to me picking up lockdown right before the Saint patch I learned how to play this mode really well and I started having alot of fun.   

There is a nice amount of enemies, enough to let me always be killing like survival,  but unlike survival most smart players are helping to defend the console so you actually mostly stick together( i guess most people try to intercept demons but they have to stay close to console if they are not sure the direction lol).  But you dont sit on your butt like survival or interception encourages.   You have to find keys and take them to the consoles which involves moving around the maps to.   So there is constant killing, constant movement,  slightly more teamwork than average.   

Balance wise I dont know what to say... I have been using a Ember with 300+ armor, 1k hp.  Most of the time my kavat keeps me plenty healed up until round 7+.  The she starts getting knocked around pretty easily.  So i mean thanx for making it so accessible early on.   Personally I would love to see less ramp up so I could have fun longer.  I dont want to have to take super survival frames into it just so I can last a long time.  20 mins is normally my limit but I think I would enjoy doing really long Disruptions (like 40 mins lol).  

But also for balance I would like to see more disruptions for lower levels,  that do scale slowly.   You made disruptions for Credits (pluto) and Disruption for Kuva.  I would love to see low level disruptions that grants tons of affinity (to replace helene/hydron spam).  I think it would also be awesome to see a disruption that grants Forma BP so you dont have to pop relics for forma.   

But I just really wanted to say good job.  Disruptions have really won me over.  

I guess besides the key issue I would like to give feedback on the Lua Disruptions.  Lua has a ton of nice tiles.  On the one hand I like Lua tiles alot because they are so long and it makes it easy to find and stop demons.  On the other hand though some of the tiles are a big pain in the butt.  The tile for the endurance hall of ascension for example.  That thing has like 3-4 floors, giant hole in the middle.  There are some others where the doors are locked/disabled and you have to go around the edges or up/down stairs.  I think the tiles available for disruption should be tweaked/chosen a little more carefully.  There are some really awesome lua tiles I havent even seen get used yet.   

13 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

-Only let 1 key be used at a time.  This would help Random groups of players, and even force people to learn how to play this mode.

No, Disruption is one of the endless game modes that allows the player to influence how fast a round takes, and a round can be finished pretty fast. This mission is straightforward: kill mobs to drop key (hint: it usually drops from heavy/rare units and eximus), plugin key and get a buff/debuff, prevent the suicide bomber from reaching the active console, rinse and repeat.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

OR you could do the opposite and turn this into a giant Epeen contest.  Visually mark Demons so they can be easily seen across multiple tiles.  Then it can be a competitive anti-social thing about who can kill the demons faster and who killed more. That would be 1 thing I suggest if you read no further....

Correction - it would make the rounds go even faster. Disruption is very similar to Excavation as the squad can be strong enough for each player to defend their own Excavator/Console making the reward flow fast. If or when it gets to the point where each one can't defend one by themselves then they lower how many are active and start grouping up accordingly. Lack of coordination in this game mode is not the devs fault, it's the players when they failed to analyze their situation and surroundings to make the ideal move.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Personally I would love to see less ramp up so I could have fun longer.  I dont want to have to take super survival frames into it just so I can last a long time.  20 mins is normally my limit but I think I would enjoy doing really long Disruptions (like 40 mins lol).  

Because Disruption is progression-base and not time-base endless mission, enemy levels will scale just as fast as the squad quickly finishes a "round". If it didn't, players will earned absurdly amounts of rewards in that "40 minute" due to how the ramp up would be less than now. It's the reason why we don't see Axi Relics in Disruption reward tables, we can finish a round way too fast.

• Like 1