Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PS4] Controller tips

(PSN)SrebX

Question

Trying to maximize my gaming experience with the PS4 controller and in need of some tips

-How do you guys perform stance combo with the 'Back' input? I've tried several times, but I can't seem to get it to perform reliably with the Joystick

-Tips on where to map some key Gear slots on the joystick? I've been trying to map the Archwing Launcher and Synthesis Scanner on the bottom and upper touch pad, but I can't get it to work. Everytime I press it, no matter where, I end up using Transference [Which is mapped to 'Touch pad press'] 

-I'd love some key configuration tips. the default ones are fine but I'd love to hear some of yours

Thanks in advance!

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PS4)SrebX said:

Tips on where to map some key Gear slots on the joystick? I've been trying to map the Archwing Launcher and Synthesis Scanner on the bottom and upper touch pad, but I can't get it to work. Everytime I press it, no matter where, I end up using Transference [Which is mapped to 'Touch pad press'] 

I have the solution for this one. You'll need Options / Options / Controls / Customize Controller (right at the top). At the "touch screen" keys, you'll see "Ability A/B/C/D" by default, these are bound to "touch screen swipe up/down/left/right". These default settings are pretty redundant, because you can cast abilities by pressing R1+ O/X/triangle/square too, so you can freely replace them with whatever you want. You can choose to bind gear items by clicking on the Ability A/B... text, scrolling down and choosing any of the given "Gear hotkey" options. They're numbered according to their place on the gear wheel. (I set archwing, archweapon, energy pizza and synthesis scanner.)

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

D-pad should not have anything to do with transference.... the only way you do that is by clicking touchpad or double tapping the ability button R1.  

D-pad only had one button I could live without and that was identify.  No I have waypoints, gear wheel, maps, and ceph scanner.  Although if im going to do profit-taker I need to reassign the arc gun to the scanner button,  going through the gear wheel during that fight sucks.... 

PS:  DE needs to allow us to assign shortcuts to all those free buttons in the Ability screen.  That would be a radical improvement to controlling the game.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

D-pad should not have anything to do with transference.... the only way you do that is by clicking touchpad or double tapping the ability button R1.  

D-pad only had one button I could live without and that was identify.  No I have waypoints, gear wheel, maps, and ceph scanner.  Although if im going to do profit-taker I need to reassign the arc gun to the scanner button,  going through the gear wheel during that fight sucks.... 

PS:  DE needs to allow us to assign shortcuts to all those free buttons in the Ability screen.  That would be a radical improvement to controlling the game.  

You mean R1+Arrows?

Actually, until Viveeeh's comment I didnt realize I should be swiping  on the D Pad to get the result Im looking for. That comment alone have helpped immensely, Ive now reassigned the D Pad swipes to Energy and health Pizzas, Ceph Scanner and Archgun, while the Right Arrow is Archwing Launcher

But having R1+Arrows as a Hotkeys would also be really helpful

Edited by (PS4)SrebX
  • Like 1

If I read your post correctly, you want a way to change the D-Pad set up and use the swipe function of the Touch Pad? Hey @(PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN, this is you for sure.

PS_Messages_20190926_205804.jpgPS_Messages_20190926_205808.jpg

If that is not the issue and its successfully pulling off a moving combo of a stance mod, try moving the joystick down at the right time in the combo (it may take some practice in captura or the Simulacrum).

Edited by (PS4)Oberionne

8 hours ago, (PS4)Oberionne said:

If I read your post correctly, you want a way to change the D-Pad set up and use the swipe function of the Touch Pad? Hey @(PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN, this is you for sure.

PS_Messages_20190926_205804.jpgPS_Messages_20190926_205808.jpg

If that is not the issue and its successfully pulling off a moving combo of a stance mod, try moving the joystick down at the right time in the combo (it may take some practice in captura or the Simulacrum).

I'm sorry, upon 2nd reading I realized that my explanation was a bit vague

My problem has nothing to do with the in-game inputs, It's how do I translate them physically to the Joystick

I finally realized that I should be Swiping on the D Pad to use the Touch inputs, but I still can't get Stance combos involving 'Backward' input to Fire forward, since my Character actually turns around and fires backwards, on the rare occasions that I can actually do the combo I was trying to