Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapons for MR12?

(NSW)FlameDivinity

Question

I've reached MR12 about a week or two ago, and today I've started to farm Akjagara Prime. I'm wondering what other weapons locked until MR12 there are. I'm already using a plague zaw, so no zaws, and I'm mostly asking this because I want to have fun trying new weapons (Plasmor, Amprex, and Ignis W are boring me now, and even with Twirling Spire, my zaw is starting to feel stale). I'm asking for all Primary, Secondary, and Melee. Thanks lads and laddies.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Secondary weapon: Catchmoon kitgun with good crit is all you will need, forget about primaries catchmoon is the ultimate god tier weapon

I know that, but I want multiple weapons to have fun with. I'm also aware of the Rubico Prime and its use for Eidolon Hunting.

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity

In no particular order off the top of my head: Sonicor is a lot of fun, I'm a personal fan of Quanta (Vandal), Fulmin is quite good, Staticor gives you maximum kamehameha energy, Quatz is very solid, Rattleguts is a good all-around machine pistol, any fist weapon with Gaea's Tragedy is a good time, a big slow zaw like Kronsh with Exodia Contagion is a fun time if occasionally blowing yourself up doesn't frustrate you too bad.

• Like 1

so, my "fun gun" primaries I keep going back to at mr 27 are:

• Acceltra piqued my interest when I levelled it. I'm five forma in, and it's AoE is great
  • Argonak with its Amalgam mod. Five meters of xray punchthrough is fun to mess with
  • Both Gorgon variants. Wraith's the status gun, and Prisma's my crit machine
  • Kohm's just disgustingly good with a status build
  • Secura Penta's been a pleasant change of pace, especially with three grenade options as of Nightwave 1
  • Synoid Simulor just melts everything. I rock a "set and forget" build with two multishot mods. Never alt-fired
  • Vulkar Wraith is my sniper of choice. Mostly because it had a flat bonus to damage on zoom, back in the day, and I don't feel like paying several thousand plat for a sniper riven.

Secondaries are pretty much all single gun with my Falcor throwing weapon

• Cyanex's lazy homing means I don't have to pay attention
  • Gaze/Splat/Lovetap is my kitgun of choice. Good riven disposition, and it has enemy chaining now
  • Single or Twin Kohmak both have great riven disposition. I'm running the single here
  • Ocucor's a special case. I run it with Eject Magazine for holster reload, and some other melee weapon. I holster it when low by swinging my melee

As for melee weapons...

• Falcor's my go-to. I love having something to throw when my clip is empty, while reloading, and the homing on Falcor means it bounces a lot
  • Paracesis is my heavy blade. 90 mod points just feels so wrong.
  • Recently dusted off my Hirudo sparring weapon. It's got inate life drain on crits, so I don't have to channel
  • Sarpa over Redeemer for my gunblade. It's got a better status chance because it's a burst of shots, and each pellet has the full listed chance to proc
  • Wolf Sledge because comical throwing hammer is funny, and Amalgam Organ Shatter is a thing.
  • I also personally enjoy crit built Stepfahn katana and Plague Kripath rapier, along with a raw damage Balla dagger. Rapiers are totally Gauss' thing, as you can keep sprinting while doing most combos.