Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thinking about rivens and power creep: have DE set themselves up to fail?

TARINunit9

On 2019-10-03 at 3:30 AM, Phatose said:

Rivens don't get grandfathered that way.  When dispositions change, existing rivens for those weapons change immediately.  I know this first hand - I had a really good Ignis riven before the Ignis's disposition change, and its bonuses all got reduced to reflect the disposition change.  I'm betting under the hood, rolls are all on a fixed scale and are simply multiplied by the current riven disposition. 

Someone should tell DE that, since they loudly announced that they were the same until traded/rolled last riven change cycle. Guess that's what I get for relying on official information.

On the topic of the work that goes into Rivens... At this point DE have been clear for multiple updates that Riven disposition is subject to change based on popularity and DE's perception of their influence-expecting the Riven for the flavour of the month to stay at a high disposition, and putting obscene grind (by Warframe standards) into it under that assumption is noone's fault but the holder of that riven. Maybe when they introduced disposition and the first couple of changes people could be forgiven for being surprised, but at this point... Stop it. Get some help.

However, since we once again have a nerf to 0.5 disposition on the Catchmoon, this is the point where I bring up something I've mentioned before. At 0.5 dispo, most stat combinations outside perfect (e.g damage/crit/crit) contribute less to the weapon than slapping on a 90% elemental. If you have to nerf the riven that far to make it balanced, the weapon itself is OP and needs a change, so that Rivens for it stop being effectively trash for most of the holders.

26 minutes ago, SolarDwagon said:

Someone should tell DE that, since they loudly announced that they were the same until traded/rolled last riven change cycle. Guess that's what I get for relying on official information.

No such thing was ever stated. The first riven disposition thread stated exactly the opposite.

• Like 1