Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich PvP Invasions

Androndas

2 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I don't play PVP.  You're probably right, and there's no way that people who are familiar with the oddities of Warframe PVP and experience at using the movement system could be way better than someone coming in cold and without that experience.  I was not aware that PVP mods were disabled in those events though.

I mentioned those events because I feel DE's track record with PVP (and the community reaction to it) is relevant to any discussion about adding more PVP.  I would propose that the fact that DE hasn't run another PVP Tactical Alert for years *might* indicate that it wasn't a massive success.

To be honest, I'm worried about the PVE version of the Kuva Liches as it is with or without the devs spending time on PVP..  DE *also* has something of a pattern of dropping in new content and mechanics, then immediately abandoning it because they're already working on something else.  (Squirrel!)  Lunaro got added, then almost immediately forgotten.  They stuck with Fortuna for a little while, but there's still no sign of the third Orb Mother fight, or Nef Anyo.  And as soon as they add the Liches, they'll be working on Emperyion.  As soon as they slot in the Railjacks, they'll be working on New War.  And before New War comes out they'll be doing work on Duviri Paradox.  It could be a year or more before they even get back to updating Orb Vallis at all.  Archwing is such a mess that I'm not sure how they can fix it short of scrapping it and starting over from scratch, and on and on and on.

Well, I'm not here to have this discussion. I've already done and probably will do that enough in other more suitable threads.

All I did here was point out that there already is official confirmation that something similar to this would require people to opt for it. Plus that quip you quoted, because it's true at least for me. I'm pretty indifferent about invasion systems -- at least it was fun to watch when they streamed it. Maybe the devs should just keep it to themselves if the community is unable to appreciate it.

But feel free to carry on with whatever you're trying to do here, then.

• Like 2