Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just had a thought, can we have a 1st person mode for operators?

OrsonBear

1 minute ago, Laudator said:

Well, for immersion and people who like it. I mean like in Skyrim, not 1st person only, you can switch between 3rd and 1st person. 

Skyrim's not a good game though, nor anywhere near as fast as Warframe.

Regardless, how exactly is operator mode compatible with first person view anyway? Unless you mean a walking simulator, in which case sure, I can see operators being compatible with a walking simulator. But an actual first person shooter? No way. They need a lot more animations and animation flow, not to mention some actually proper feeling weapons and not just Star Wars blasters to make that worth it. Just putting the camera where their head is won't exactly make anything good, just give you a tighter and more sickening field of view.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Skyrim's not a good game though, nor anywhere near as fast as Warframe.

Regardless, how exactly is operator mode compatible with first person view anyway? Unless you mean a walking simulator, in which case sure, I can see operators being compatible with a walking simulator. But an actual first person shooter? No way. They need a lot more animations and animation flow, not to mention some actually proper feeling weapons and not just Star Wars blasters to make that worth it. Just putting the camera where their head is won't exactly make anything good, just give you a tighter and more sickening field of view.

Skyrim is not a good game? 0.o... Hmm, I guess you are right. For me, I like 1st person itself, so operators don't have access to weapons is precisely why I think it's compatible, because that makes 1st person mode easier to make. I never really thought about people need weapons and animations to fall in love with 1st person, lol. Anyways, just a random idea, didn't even give it much thought and DE will definitely not pour resources into something not everyone likes it. 

2 hours ago, Laudator said:

I mean like in Skyrim, not 1st person only, you can switch between 3rd and 1st person. 

... using a bug fustercluck (need to pay attention to minors) of a game as an example isn't going to get you far... It actually confuses people more, because the only thing that's consistent from THAT is the CTDs caused by the Papyrus script engine ~made by Bethesda~...

Now, if you're referring to the 1st person used on~, lets see... the two Shadow Warrior games that were released very recently? It could be a possibility... But I like to see my Operator, since I actually managed to make a spitting image of me so~...

Edited by Uhkretor