Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the every day problem with 'mod used in XYZ already'...

fr4gb4ll

this is rather rediculous imo: you complained once about riven mods taking up sever storage space but then handle duplicate normal mods that are ranked up to the same point as different entities...

not only will they use more space on your server (due to them having seperate indexes in the database) they also create this bothersome task to replace them with the same duplicate mod whenever we change equipment in a loadout where two pieces using each one of them (mainly sentinel weapons and the counterpart in the normal armament). you can stack them right as you do the unranked mods too without any problem - if a mod is in use and no second one in the players inventory, it simply can't be placed in the equipment - simple as that.

you guys really need to ask the person in charge of your database server to explain data-managment before you create such nonsense in the game (and yes that isn't the only of 'those' kind of issues in the game). so if you ever come around re-working your database for storing the players inventory, ask the people who know how to do it right before you implement (or even develop) any new idea - this will save you money and time and us players gray hair ^^)

2 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

this is rather rediculous imo: you complained once about riven mods taking up sever storage space but then handle duplicate normal mods that are ranked up to the same point as different entities...

Regular mods are not stored the same way as rivens. Normal mods have set values according to their rank. Riven mods have not only unique stat combinations, but also unique calculations of those stats. If you have 2 rivens for the same weapon and both have +dmg and +cc for example, the numbers are unlikely to be the exact same.

It’s a bit like Pokémon being the same species but having different stat distributions

57 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

bothersome task to replace them with the same duplicate mod whenever we change equipment in a loadout where two pieces using each one of them (mainly sentinel weapons and the counterpart in the normal armament).

Big wall of text just to ask them to stack maxed out mods...

you can stack them right as you do the unranked mods too without any problem

... Which they already do as long as they're not being used anywhere. If they are, even on weapons that are not equipped, they remain separate because they are being used by a weapon/sentinel... Go figure.

you guys really need to ask the person in charge of your database server to explain data-managment before you create such nonsense in the game (and yes that isn't the only of 'those' kind of issues in the game). so if you ever come around re-working your database for storing the players inventory, ask the people who know how to do it right before you implement (or even develop) any new idea - this will save you money and time and us players gray hair ^^)

... Perhaps you should share your views on how to handle stacking mods used on top of the unused ones, or Rivens with different stats AND stat calculations?

... Maybe that's a lot more useful that pointing out that DE has someone in charge of their database...

... Not even pointing out that you opened the topic on the wrong section, since modding also affects warframes, sentinels, organic pets, robotic walkers... Oh wait, I just did that...

Edited by Uhkretor

54 minutes ago, swiftasacoursing said:

Regular mods are not stored the same way as rivens. Normal mods have set values according to their rank. Riven mods have not only unique stat combinations, but also unique calculations of those stats. If you have 2 rivens for the same weapon and both have +dmg and +cc for example, the numbers are unlikely to be the exact same.

It’s a bit like Pokémon being the same species but having different stat distributions

and regular mod that are not unranked seemingly are stored also different - hence we got this mess with them the game says we 'already' have them in use in another weapon... or, it might be that any mod regardless of rank that is used in a weapon of an active loadout is handled this way... either way, it shouldn't cause a problem and would not if they do a simple check if the mods in question are present at least twice in the players inventory - that way there would be no need for any different handling and more important, no need to bother the player, who does have the mods in question twice or more, with a error message. at the very least, DE could run a script solving each and every mod-conflict in every players inventory (if solvable, which it should be by current definition) or give the player a solve button to run this over their own loadout (active and not) to swap confliced mods with their present counter part... better yet, run it automatically whenever the game see such a conflict and only every bother the player when switching between weapons during the arsenal stay which results in such a conflict that a mod, that is only present once in the inventory, is used is two weapons.

as for those rivens...  if DE had thought before releasing them into the wild - or better yet, if they though of a complete better way to handle the data storage of all mods right from the start of the game, they would have no problem at all with the amount of rivens. simply by using pointers of any condition on any mod and then add the necessary factor and the amount of duplicates for the mods. the central 'definition' file of all conditions a mod can have wouldn't be needed to stored in the users profile, onle the factors and the amounts would be - the rank of a mod would also be defined as a factor (which is already the case with mods). the 'dispositions' of riven is also only a extra factor in the calculation.

now, DE could even put all the calculation up to the user and save themself processor time on the server this way. the calculations are done whenever the player switches a equipment or loadout and should be done in a mere second or less.

this way, the only needed storage space for any mod-type (rivens being a type themselfe each here) of an player would be a few bytes containing those those numbers and the pointers to the conditions... even with millions of users having every mod in the game and hundreds of rivens would be nothing compared to the usual small to mid-sized data bases that are run by online stores or forum servers - i would say, that DEs own forum would contain more data than the space needed for the mods then.

18 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

I would, but since I don't need more than 2 maxed mods, and both being used, I prefer selling the unranked mods I have.

Just because you have 9999 duplicate unranked mods and the ability to max a mod, you're not forced to upgrade/max those 9999 mods and then complain about them not stacking properly. Its counter-productive for the player him/herself to upgrade more than what he/she needs.

aren't you a genius? since i guessed you would answer something totally unrelated to the stated problem, i prepared a screenshot for it:

s5xsBBD.jpg

if you please take a look at those two "agile aim" mods (i also put the thing to max rank, just for you ^^) - none of the mods is used in any weapon, not even in any loadout of mine, and they are handled as seperate entities, as you can see - compared to e.g. those 3.2k of "ammo drum" mods which are, indeed, stacked... and no, i long have stopped bothering selling or disolving duplicate mods since i neither need more credits (as you can see) nor any more than the 350k of endo (and no need to use this endo if there are no more new mods)... transmutation is also out of question (beside the occasional nightwave task to do so) since i don't need any mods from doing it and also find it a waste of my time.

idk why you think people think there is any kind of mystery about it.

since you seem to think so by using caps for the "AND" in your statement - which indicates you think it especially important - which it isn't...

... Sorry, but if I wanted my FX9590 Black Edition to calculate stuff on the background whenever I was playing Warframe, or any other game I decided to play, I would be using a Win OS... Besides, they HAD it working like you described before and changed it to speed up Arsenal access.

so what do you think your AMD card is doing anyway (beside getting overly hot like all the rest of the AMD crap?) - beside that: even though floating-point operation can be faster solved by an GPU, the equation in question certainly won't go behind the 2nd nummer after the decimal point... for which the CPU is perfectly good enough. ofc, you could complain just anout the same for the 'extra' use of cpu-power... but i have a solution for you: turn off the computer and read a book (yes, one printed on paper, not an e-book).

in any case, as far as we know, those calculation are already done by our computers - which would make sense anyway...

So, there's no need to change a thing, because their database computers (or computing racks) can handle it.

...and still they stated the extra work load when they justified the riven cap right after release... sure, that was about the needed storage for them (a home-made problem) but since server-storage is (if compareable anyway) far cheaper than processor time (especially since the calculation could be needed several hundred/thousands of times in the same moment... theoretically, since i don't know how many user actually go into their arsenal at any given time), it does stand to contemplate about at least.

So you did as a reply to swiftasacoursing, but it took you another hour to reply to me. I don't think that, with such an elaborate common sense explanation as a reply to him/her, you would take an hour to come up with a lot less elaborate reply to me... I'm not trying to nitpick here, but I was expecting something more elaborate that what he/she got, even if you were busy with something else...

if not a 'nitpick', you either seem to have a attention deficit or dismissed the obvious reason tht i answered the other post and gone away to do more worthwhile things than reading any other post (especially nitpick posts...). and ofc, all this is just derailing the thread, so lets leave it at this, shall we? or should i put a link for you in a short thread like this so you can find the part i described as "i did so above"? if you answere yes, forget about it - since i won't do this

(Just had to bold those two words because proper grammar helps a lot for other people)

... I'm not judging where you're posting your stuff, on the contrary... I also posted stuff outside of their proper places. If it happens to me, it can happen to anyone...

... And I've never said that you wrote all that for me, that would make me entitled... But you sure liked to make me entitled at the eyes of others, are you sure you're giving feedback? Because it feels like you're ranting and not giving in-depth feedback, despite the surface-depth feedback you gave on your opening post. If this is a problem that you believe it affects everyone, you can provide an in-depth feedback, which I would have if it was a critical problem... At least, I would like to believe that you can do that.

ok, so you are nitpick afterall... whoever find any misspellings or gramma errors can keep and put them where the sun don't shine.

and again: let those decide whose job it is keep the forum clean - also, the feedback was 'just' about the issue with the bad handling of duplicat, ranked mods and the problem arising from it. the only in-deep addition was just a little reminder toward a possible solution - something the responsible person who 'might' read it (or get their attention pointed at) would understand - this was not an attempt to lecture anyone about data management (for this would be a far longer thread then)... only 'some' people seem to be unable to leave good alone enough and feel the urge to comment about it - which i would IF you where the responsible person in question (or if you pay me for my time teaching you something).

that said, i won't answere anymore of those replies regarding the technical aspect - if you don't agree, that's your good right to do - i also don't care about your opinon, especially since you never shown any kind of technical understanding of the matter and only seems to troll around... which is something you seem to do a lot, considering your posting history...

52 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

(...)

s5xsBBD.jpg

if you please take a look at those two "agile aim" mods (i also put the thing to max rank, just for you ^^) - none of the mods is used in any weapon, not even in any loadout of mine, and they are handled as seperate entities, as you can see - compared to e.g. those 3.2k of "ammo drum" mods which are, indeed, stacked... (...)

... See, if you had placed that screenshot on your opening topic, instead of placing it as a reply specific to me, this waste of a topic would actually not be a waste and it wouldn't be dragged... How about you edit your opening topic to include that thing and rewrite it entirely so that other people may have a better understanding of your surface-depth feedback?

Concerning the rest, I'm not going to debate common sense with you. I thought I made that clear a few replies ago.

On 2019-10-14 at 7:47 PM, Uhkretor said:

... See, if you had placed that screenshot on your opening topic, instead of placing it as a reply specific to me, this waste of a topic would actually not be a waste and it wouldn't be dragged... How about you edit your opening topic to include that thing and rewrite it entirely so that other people may have a better understanding of your surface-depth feedback?

Concerning the rest, I'm not going to debate common sense with you. I thought I made that clear a few replies ago.

i fail to see why there would be any misunderstandings because of the topic... OR the opening (beside describing it more than needed). true enought though, a picture always say more than a thousand words - especially towards those who lack the imagination to visual a problem from text only ^^)