Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cure for burn out?

--Aegis--MR9

Question

The game is too depressing right now. I am down to doing syndicate missions just for the sake of doing something! 

There are still many things that I can do (not that I need to do) but nothing is providing the incentive. 

I am forcing myself to enjoy the game and naturally its back firing. 

Friends are screaming at me to play D2 but here is the honest truth. I don't have the energy to learn a new game again and go through the grind. Maybe I am getting too old. I love warframe, I do, and I want to dump my free time into it, but its no longer enjoyable.

Doing index, kuva surv, tridolons, trying to trade a little, I used to truly enjoy these, but feels repetitive now. 

I didnt touch Gauss and Altas Prime yet, didn't even bother farming dethcube and tekko, doesn't have that "new prime" excitement anymore. I dont think I would be playing Grendel as well, although he seems very interesting. I just don't feel like doing anything.

I know I am suffering from the infamous veterans burn out. Is there a cure? Love the game and I want to keep playing. 

P.S. lots of sad emojis.

P.S.S I dont blame DE, there are tons of content for a new players, its not DE's fault that I kept playing one game for ever.

• Like 1

I got majorly burned out after the 1st NW; took me from before that until yesterday to do chains of harrow and complete Sedna.

All I can suggest is, take a break; if your need to login for a clan do that, refresh your foundry and maybe the sortie, but try not actually playing for a week.

The grind can chew you out, so take advantage of a period where you won't miss anything by not playing.

Edited by TheArcSet