Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem With Melee Zaw Build

Sparkles30412987

Question

The most significant problem I've been having is reaching red crits. With me basing my build off of this video - 

I've been unable to reach similar results even with identical mods and a very similar riven. I've got Arcane Avenger like explained which seems to help to a degree but he seems to solely hit red crits while I only hit them ever so often. I'm rather new to warframe and i'm not sure if this build is outdated, or I'm just doing something wrong. Just something to add, I'm only MR 11 and can only spawn enemies that are level 85 in the Simulacrum if that has any impact on anything.

If anyone could provide me with an explanation as to why this is happening, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I'm not expecting to hit the same numbers that he is or even close, I'm just wondering why all of his crits are red while on occasion I still don't even hit yellow.]

Clarification of information in the video:

His Riven Stats - +Melee Damage (141.7%), +Crit Damage (77%), +Range (112.2%), -Finisher Damage (-91.6%)

Items Equipped - As far as I can tell from when he goes through his inventory, he's just using an Amprex, The Zaw (Parts: Link - Ekwana II Ruhang, Grip - Shtung, Strike - Dokrahm) the Naramon school and Carrier Prime.

is he infact using Avenger(s)? - He does seem to be using Arcane Avenger while i'm unsure as to if he has two Arcane Avengers, some other Arcane equipped, or nothing else at all.

Is there a Cat present? - Given the fact that he's using Carrier Prime as his companion, my educated guess would be no. 

What Warframe is present? - Harrow 

What's the Hit Counter that this person is at when performing Red Crits? - He seems to start performing red crits before he has reached any significant Hit Counter, as far as I can tell, from slowing down the video, the Hit Counter seems to be at zero when he starts to hit them.

What is the strength of the Gladiator Set Bonus that is present? - When he hovers over it in his inventory, it seems like he is only receiving the bonus from the sole gladiator mod (Gladiator Rush).

Are they alone in the Simulation or playing with someone else? - It looks like he's playing alone in the Simulation given the fact that only Carrier Prime is listed under his character's health.

Edited by Sparkles30412987
Request for clarification from other player

2 answers to this question

why do i have to watch a video to know what you're talking about. the Thumbnail has the Mod Loadout of the Weapon conveniently, but what's Riven.

and what other things does he have Equipped.
is he infact using Avenger(s)?
is there a Cat present?
what Warframe is present?
what's the Hit Counter that this person is at when performing Red Crits?
what is the strength of the Gladiator Set Bonus that is present?
looks like they're in Simulation, are they alone or is someone else there?

In the simulacrum, you can see the 50% buff at the top right corner (he didn't mention that buff), that's Harrow's 4th with augmented mod Lasting Convenant, which gives at max 50% flat Crit Chance (CC), 200% CC on headshot, increasing duration with every headshot kill. Arcane avenger helps too.

Your case: Without CC from Harrow and Arcane Avenger
The weapon's CC is only 10%, with 3x combo counter, your CC is 64%, can't even orange Crit.
10 x (1 + 1.8 x 3) = 64, 1.8 is from Blood Rush and Gladiator Rush

His case: Headshot with Harrow's 4th
His CC is 210% (10 base + 200 from buff, or 10 + 50 without headshot), with 1.5 combo counter, his CC is 777%, sure to red Crit (300% CC is already sure to red Crit)
210 x (1 + 1.8 x 1.5) = 777

Conclusion: just a showoff for noobs who don't know anything  about the game (abusing Harrow buff on headshot)

Edited by NeutuoS
math