Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Option to be Host in Public squad settings

MetalGrayFox

So I am not entirely sure how the game determines who will be host, however for me who has a relatively low setting on the ping setting, I still get linked to hosts playing from Lord knows where getting pings between 500 - 1,000+ms. This is obviously quite frustrating as killing enemies becomes more about guess where they will be in the next second instead of actually aiming at where you see them. 

Would it be possible to have a setting preference where you could opt-in to be the host when playing public? And maybe an option to opt-out if you know you tend to be a bad host.  

Not sure how feasible this is, match making at the moment is usually okay but there's still the 10-15% of my experiences where I am either forced to play with teleporting enemies or abort mission and restart and hope it does not happen again.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MetalGrayFox said:

So I am not entirely sure how the game determines who will be host, however for me who has a relatively low setting on the ping setting, I still get linked to hosts playing from Lord knows where getting pings between 500 - 1,000+ms. This is obviously quite frustrating as killing enemies becomes more about guess where they will be in the next second instead of actually aiming at where you see them. 

Would it be possible to have a setting preference where you could opt-in to be the host when playing public? And maybe an option to opt-out if you know you tend to be a bad host.  

Not sure how feasible this is, match making at the moment is usually okay but there's still the 10-15% of my experiences where I am either forced to play with teleporting enemies or abort mission and restart and hope it does not happen again.  

been asking for this option for a while. many other coop games allow this. for example, Warhammer Vermintide series allows this with an option check box.

"Why am I not finding any open squads anymore?"

While having a high ping sneak past your limit requirements is no fun,
if all the players with good connections turn down open parties,
the player base is going to feel like it's been effectively Halved.

Good if you're ok with sitting 2 minutes to be the host every time for others.
Bad if you need to find an open squad, which means fewer full squads.

Functionally you can achieve this through invite only, clan coordination, etc.
..while that's not perfect, the alternative would have to be intelligent enough
to discern when you feel like joining just anyone sometimes, or
be more restrictive.

Maybe instead of "Public, Inv only, friend only, solo"
we could do a slider bar..
"Any, favor you as host, favor other as host, favor friends, friends only, invite only, solo."

Edited by kapn655321

12 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

"Why am I not finding any open squads anymore?"

While having a high ping sneak past your limit requirements is no fun,
if all the players with good connections turn down open parties,
the player base is going to feel like it's been effectively Halved.

Good if you're ok with sitting 2 minutes to be the host every time for others.
Bad if you need to find an open squad, which means fewer full squads.

Functionally you can achieve this through invite only, clan coordination, etc.
..while that's not perfect, the alternative would have to be intelligent enough
to discern when you feel like joining just anyone sometimes, or
be more restrictive.

Maybe instead of "Public, Inv only, friend only, solo"
we could do a slider bar..
"Any, favor you as host, favor other as host, favor friends, friends only, invite only, solo."

hes asking for an option to start as host. this option does not remove people from public matchmaking, it just makes it so they start as host. if a person has their ping limit set to 150+ they can still have people who have high ping join them without suffering their poor connection.