Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda Possible Improvrments

Doraz_

It's clear thay the wind-up mechanic of her4th is to prevent spamming, but it ends up feeling slugghish.

Instead (thing that plays in her blood theme) make her 4 be affected by killed enemies, effectively making it blood-fueled. Meaning:

> 4 is unavailable at the start

> every enemy killed add 1 spike/

>  spikes count keep increasing (until a cap is reached) and when she uses the ability she targets with spikes the equal number of enemies in the direction she is facing, no wind-up, or if it is make it just afdect the damage like her 1st ability.

This (as range does not affect her ability) would allow the range to be reasonably increased. Currently, while wall-pounch through is appreciated, enemies are usually too far.

Plus...

Her 1st ability range would be too op if increased (although i wouldn't complain if we get a buff), still it should spawn spikes that seek targets, or alternatively to make it feel different from oberon's projectiles, calculate the closest enemies position before and then spawn claws in their direction 🙂

basically, i want garuda to feed on enemies blood even more (by being rewarded for it, risk vs reward) and kill the ones she doesn't feed on with their very own bones (turned in deadly claws).

Other already asked for better/fixed animations and should be defenitely done.

Ah yeah, i forgot

the other thing i wanted is, as her augment gives her 100 percent  survivability but only usefull at high level, it would be cool if she had as an additional passive: damage reduction based on enemies killed.

Like this:

get 5 percent damage reduction for every enemy killed (with a cap of course), decreasing of 5 percent every 3 seconds, in a way similar to atlas but

it decreases faster the more enemies you killed (thus the more blood you are carrying and losing, i don't know xD).

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

So you want to nerf her 4.

nope, that's DE's job usuallyxD

what i want is to make it more effective and more reflective of the frames blood theme, but mainly fun/rewarding to play.

I too was thinking that this could be a nerf (as you need to kill enemies to charge it) but i realized that even at High Level there will always be mobs that you can kill in a tap of the mouse.

I proposed increaeed range and enemy cap you can target for bleed procs should even be increased, to reward having worked to charge it.

So,

did you by chance found yourself charging the 4th and being killed as your movement is slower? And charging her basket ball and hovering asking to be shot down?

I did and i though that (after me getting good) a solution would be this setup/cycle:

1)kill enemies

2) being granted temporary Damage Reduction as a "Blood Shield"

3)Use that Damage Reduction to kill more low level enemies and charge safely her 4

4)cast 4 on the remaining targets that will be most if not all High Priority Heavy units that "actually need" slash procs 😄

All in a kind of "Rush" to see that cycle completed and repeated, mimicking her (i assume) state of hunger for blood.

I feel like you are kinda hung up on this “wind up” on her 4th ability (if you can even call it that) and trying to find a way around it. The wind up doesn’t exist to stop people from spamming the ability, because there’s no reason to spam it. Garuda’s 4th isn’t a nuke, it’s a debuff. And with natural talent, the time it takes for the circle to cover most of your screen is negligible. There’s also utility in holding it mid air to reposition yourself. I really don’t think anything needs to change.

9 hours ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

I feel like you are kinda hung up on this “wind up” on her 4th ability (if you can even call it that) and trying to find a way around it. The wind up doesn’t exist to stop people from spamming the ability, because there’s no reason to spam it. Garuda’s 4th isn’t a nuke, it’s a debuff. And with natural talent, the time it takes for the circle to cover most of your screen is negligible. There’s also utility in holding it mid air to reposition yourself. I really don’t think anything needs to change.

As it stands right now you are probably right.

i'm using an umbral range build with no natural talent so that cluckyness might just be because of that.

Although, currently if your 4 hits no one or a room full of energy, the cost is the same (i'm away from WF and i don't remember if that's the case) ...

while making it instant and "kills-charged" you could use just as many spikes as many enemies are targeted, storing them for when you need it.

Also, charging your basket ball and your temmates killing everyone, leaving you to either waste it or slowly walk forward ... me not likey xD 

Is it possible to cancel the throw?