Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Janos - the sportsman need feedback

LOD07

This is another concept i came up that i want too include into my main thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1001323-idea-mashup-frame-enemies-modding-system-and-more/#comments

So any kind of feedback is welcome and appreciated. Thanks for reading Tenno.

Images that will visualize the abilities a little bit will come soon. 

93726E42FFEF98AA181E37E40E74004741037C06

other Color variations

Spoiler

B10F6AA54A6331B4154ACD4D0D4733F80A3F9F87 7BC4F75D687354891187964D27774DB5966BCB0B

A37EB6043C30C0518F55F37281DA53CB77C56E1B 3DC8BADF10F0F97B3E1D81D5E0B3002DCC693421

6D654EA2348D286937927C0A80D1DEDBC7352414

PH* Name: Janos
Stats level 30:
Energy: 150
Health: 300
Armor: 150
Shield: 300
Run speed: 1.0

Personal movement:
…  does not jump like all the other Warframe. Instead he glides on a trail of energy. 
He only produces that when he jumps and has a direction connected to it. If he jumps and doesn’t move forward, either to the right or left side or backwards it doesn’t create this trail. Same applies to bullet jumping. 
However when he aim glides he stops producing the trail. 

Passive: Janos creates an 7m aura surrounding him whenever he starts a mission granting a damage boost too all allies including himself towards blinded enemies. 
The damage increase to those enemies is 10%.

1st ability: The Bat-Man (don’t have a proper Name for it yet) 20
 he swings a bat to hit a ball of energy towards enemies in a cone shaped direction in front of him dealing 100/200/400 damage per hit. The ball bounces like a glaive from enemy to enemy. Once the ball hits an enemy (auto aim once ability casted) hits other enemies in the same cone shaped angle where the ability was casted with for 3/4/6 seconds 
Enemies hit by the ball will be inflicted with blindness for 2 seconds. 

2nd ability: 50
Janos slashes with his energy roller blades over the floor an  creates a foggy cloud in front of him creating a barrier that lasts for 10/20/30 seconds blinding every enemy inside it and revealing them to the Tenno and also increasing their damage taken by Tenno firearms or melee weapons by 50% (not moddable). The range would be 15m width, 10m long

3rd ability: cheer up 70
Janos motivates all allies within affinity range giving them a boost to the following stats by 20% for 10/20/30 seconds. 
Sprint speed 
Jump strength 
Aim glide Time
Headshot damage
Energy gain of 2 energy per second 
Dodge speed
The percentage on this can be increased by strength mods

4th ability: Lightning Dash 100
Casting this ability causes Janos to stop his motion and he starts charging a dash. Depending on how long the player holds down the button the longer Janos charges his dash.
During this charge Janos becomes immune to any kind of damage and absorbs any kind of damage to be released when dashing forward
During this charge Janos has a cone shaped area in front of him where the player is able to see which enemies are going to get hit by the dashis the.
Holding down the ability button will start a 3  energy drain per second and reduces the cone but increases the range of the dash.
The damage at the beginning without holding down the button is 100/200/400 + 20% of all damage taken per enemy.

The Damage scales upwards to a maximum charge damage of 1000/2000/3000 + 50% of all damage taken per enemy

However while the normale dash without a charge causes electricity damage on all enemies hit within the cone for 5 seconds.
 The  fully charged one  creates a carpet of electricity surrounding Janos final dash position that lasts for 10 seconds and has a 15m radius. This range can’t be increased. 

Edited by LOD07

Since you want feedback here it is.

8 hours ago, LOD07 said:

Passive: Janos creates an 7m aura surrounding him whenever he starts a mission granting a damage boost too all allies including himself towards blinded enemies. 
The damage increase to those enemies is 10%.

A bit weird for a passive. You probably should use this as his passive

8 hours ago, LOD07 said:

Personal movement:
…  does not jump like all the other Warframe. Instead he glides on a trail of energy. 
He only produces that when he jumps and has a direction connected to it. If he jumps and doesn’t move forward, either to the right or left side or backwards it doesn’t create this trail. Same applies to bullet jumping. 
However when he aim glides he stops producing the trail. 

8 hours ago, LOD07 said:

1st ability: The Bat-Man (don’t have a proper Name for it yet) 20
 he swings a bat to hit a ball of energy towards enemies in a cone shaped direction in front of him dealing 100/200/400 damage per hit. Once the ball hits an enemy (auto aim once ability casted) hits other enemies in the same cone shaped angle where the ability was casted with for 3/4/6 seconds 
Enemies hit by the ball will be inflicted with blindness for 2 seconds. 

Hitting all enemies in a cone is weir for a ability like this using a glaive like bounce mechanic feels more appropriate.

8 hours ago, LOD07 said:

2nd ability: 30
Janos slashes with his energy roller blades over the floor an  creates a foggy cloud in front of him creating a barrier that lasts for 10/20/30 seconds blinding every enemy inside it and revealing them to the Tenno and also increasing their damage taken by Tenno firearms or melee weapons by 50% (not moddable) 

The desing is good but this skill os going to live or die by its range. Also the skill seens strong enough for the standard cost of 50.

8 hours ago, LOD07 said:

ability: cheer up 50
Janos motivates all allies within affinity range giving them a boost to the following stats by 20% for 10/20/30 seconds. 
Sprint speed 
Jump strength 
Aim glide Time
Headshot damage
Energy efficiency
Dodge speed
The percentage on this can be increased by strength mods

Dont mess with ability efficiency it is probably the strongest stat in the game( supposing the player does not have access to arcane e energize )

8 hours ago, LOD07 said:

4th ability: Lightning Dash 100
Casting this ability causes Janos to stop his motion and he starts charging a dash. Depending on how long the player holds down the button the longer Janos charges his dash.
During this charge Janos becomes immune to any kind of damage and absorbs any kind of damage to be released when dashing forward
During this charge Janos has a cone shaped area in front of him where the player is able to see which enemies are going to get hit by the dashis the.
Holding down the ability button will start a 3  energy drain per second and reduces the cone but increases the range of the dash.
The damage at the beginning without holding down the button is 100/200/400 + 20% of all damage taken per enemy.

The Damage scales upwards to a maximum charge damage of 1000/2000/3000 + 50% of all damage taken per enemy

However while the normale dash without a charge causes electricity damage on all enemies hit within the cone for 5 seconds.
 The  fully charged one  creates a carpet of electricity surrounding Janos final dash position that lasts for 10 seconds and has a 15m radius. This range can’t be increased. 

Sounds like a lot of time charging for little damage. Scaling out of enemy damage is not enought for most skills especially one that requires me stop firing my gun.

vor 15 Minuten schrieb keikogi:

Since you want feedback here it is.

A bit weird for a passive. You probably should use this as his passive

Hitting all enemies in a cone is weir for a ability like this using a glaive like bounce mechanic feels more appropriate.

The desing is good but this skill os going to live or die by its range. Also the skill seens strong enough for the standard cost of 50.

Dont mess with ability efficiency it is probably the strongest stat in the game( supposing the player does not have access to arcane e energize )

Sounds like a lot of time charging for little damage. Scaling out of enemy damage is not enought for most skills especially one that requires me stop firing my gun.

The passive.... Yeah... But the trail doesn't really do much then... 

1st I tried to picture excat what you describes within your few words. A ball that functions like bouncing glaive... 

2nd reminder for a missing range meter... Thought about something like 15 meter width and 10 depth... Something like that with range mods being effective here?? 

3rd. Will take out energy efficiency maybe a small energy siphon kind of thing? 2 energy per second?? 

4th...oof. Well this was the one I struggled the most with... Maybe I can come up with something better... Or you or someone else

I would like to see him use his bat a bit more.

And yeah his ult seems a bit lack luster as an ult.

It seems like it would be a better fit as a side utility skill like Excal slash dash or Squid mans puddle surge.
I mean you would have to turn down the numbers for that, but i think it would fit better mechanically.