Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

mastery rank challenges

RoboticEmpathy

Hello,

I've been struggling with mastery rank 9. I've managed to complete it once, but in a practice. But, more often than that I will fail it. I really wish I could have used that perfect practice completion as my Qualifying run. I would even take a 24 hour affinity gain penalty if I could, well just a suggestion.

Training for mastery rank tests is advisable so you can get an idea of what the mastery rank test is about and not how to complete it. Players that waste their time training for a mastery rank test would employ their time better on doing anything else the game has to offer.

Having that said, MR9 is tricky. If I recall what it is, you have to execute stealth kills without being detected, including having no dead bodies seen by other enemies. The tricky part is to not be focused on the enemy you're trying to stealth kill. You technically should be as aware of all the other elements as of the enemy you're going to stealth kill, including enemy patrol paths and their LoS.

It was advised that using channeling takes care of the dead bodies part... And its true. However, you can do it without channeling and, considering that [DE] is removing channeling on the upcoming Phase 2 update, I strongly suggest doing just that.

Edited by Uhkretor

Gunblades/Glaives make this far easier. If you want to use a Gunblade, use the Sarpa and Banshee (her passive silences the gunblade's noise). If you want to use a Glaive, use a frame with high energy capacity so you can channel it, and use a build with the -bounce mod.

Don't forget to use max enemy radar for this and other stealth tests. It is far easier to not get seen if you know where the enemy is without having LoS to them.