The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Staff Holster styles upside down

DeeDeetheSpy

All 3 of them are upside down, Included 3 screen shots with them vertical. Staff Holster styles are used on Scythe, Polearms, and Staves. Some weapons it doesn't look too bad but others like Broke War, I can't see the charges on it and the Rashi Polearm Skin makes the flags hang upside down. Scythes look just strange with that big ol' blade hanging down near the butt instead of near hte shoulders where the weight would naturally rest. There was a time some point int he past, I don't remember exactly when, The holster style was the other way around... Note: If this is intentional, I would gladly buy the holsters to have them right side up inside of upside down. I really don't like them like this.

JZNaRVS.pngi4DWcIc.png3RaYngl.png

16 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

You can adjust the position of a holstered weapon in the inventory including rotation don't know if this helps

It does not. Due to hard limits in rotation I can not flip it all the way over.It's only like 90 degree rotation instead of 180.

2 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Its not upside down, you bring the weapon either around and rotate the arm or if we go by video game sheath logic, flip it over the shoulder. Same way how you dont have swords or hammers with the blade/bludgeon up towards the head.

I mean if you want to get historical: Polearms, scythes, and staves are rarely carried on the back and are instead usually over shoulder in the case of scythe , trying to keep the weight centered and polearms are kept at the ready and resting against the shoulder. If stowing for a distance,

I couldn't find any scythe references, they were used and then carried back to the shed. If you had to use one for a weapon you'd take it down to the blacksmith and have the head changed to a spear with a sword like head. Scythe are stupid weapons as they are presented in popular media. My logic would be to strap it to the back with the weight close to the center of the spine and shoulders for balance..

Spears and other polearms strap to the back over one shoulder and the handle coming down partly along the side vertically so that user grabs the handle with the opisite hand, unstraps it from the shoulder by sliding it off with the arm that the shoulder is strapped on, and bring it around to the ready.

larp+boffer+spear+how+to.jpgSpearStrap.jpg

And just to show for an example, it used to be correct. Here is the Caustacyst over my Oberon's shoulder (I used to have it so the head looked like it came out of his back. Looked like twitching bone fingers and when he went to use it he was ripping it from his body.)

vxlcHLy.jpg

and now it looks like there are twitching bones and what not in a very uncomfortable spot.

eAOfZSm.png

Thus... Upside down.

7 hours ago, DeeDeetheSpy said:

I mean if you want to get historical: Polearms, scythes, and staves are rarely carried on the back and are instead usually over shoulder in the case of scythe , trying to keep the weight centered and polearms are kept at the ready and resting against the shoulder. If stowing for a distance,

Except warframes dont care for stamina or how joints bend, the holster is for long movement (which historically was doe on the back along with ones bags, bedroll food and everything else if one didnt have a horse or mule or _insert_local_beast_of_burden_here_ and most of all, the holster type is chosen by the player.

I couldn't find any scythe references, they were used and then carried back to the shed. If you had to use one for a weapon you'd take it down to the blacksmith and have the head changed to a spear with a sword like head. Scythe are stupid weapons as they are presented in popular media. My logic would be to strap it to the back with the weight close to the center of the spine and shoulders for balance..

War scythes existed only because every idiot can push a long stick towards other idiots, yes. Scythes as themselves too however were functional (tho skill-inefficient) weapons (mostly used for bragging rights and when old german dudes wanted to do a bigger richard contest with their fencing books by portraying said tech).

Spears and other polearms strap to the back over one shoulder and the handle coming down partly along the side vertically so that user grabs the handle with the opisite hand, unstraps it from the shoulder by sliding it off with the arm that the shoulder is strapped on, and bring it around to the ready.

When pole weapons werent just held in hands/used as walking sticks, rested on walls, on beasts of burden or carts, they were holstered down with a strap so that 1 elbow movement instantly lets you ready a thrust. Or with video game logic, since we arent throwing the damn things, still pointed downwards so that when the frame reaches over, the pointy bit aims towards the enemy in a single movement (that itself could/would be a draw attack in a game like Monster Hunter) instead of having to flip it around. Only exception to this are light spears aka javelins and their bags... for very obvious reasons.
IDK, try the lower back holster and rotate it 90 degrees.

12 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

IDK, try the lower back holster and rotate it 90 degrees.

Which pretty much goes to the important part... I want it to look good to me and It wont let me. The rotation limiters prevent it and it drives me nuts. No mater who is right on what is "proper" and what not, I have an appearance I want to do, it used to be able to do it in the game, some point they made it so I can't, I want it to go back the way it was so I can have it look cool to me again. Especially with the three things I listed in my original post. They look especially funky to me as they are now and use the lower back holster most of the time just so I don't have them hanging what looks like upside down or I end up just hiding them when holstered so I don't have to look at them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Also hammers and Axes hang at butt level... Though Axes maybe tougher because they are "heavy blade" and share with Swords which DO go blade down.

IWould think this would be a simple fix and it drives me crazy! 😛

Also hammers and axes are upside down... But Axes use the heavy blade holster which is shared with swords and swords are okay because those do go blade down... So I can understand that I guess.