Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some criticism on Melee rework

Ordo_Hereticus

The new system's emphasis on heavy attack is NOT fluid. Thats the worst problem. I understand the intentions, but the execution is not perfect. Here are some thoughts on that issue.

The heavy attack has very little reward in comparison to effort it takes, and it breaks the flow. The "fix"? Using heavy attack mods, but why do we have to resort to such bandaid measures only to make heavy attack viable at all?

Cap on melee combo counter is annoying. It limits your playstyle on higher levels to frames like Octavia or forces you to slap bandaid fix mod.

Bullet Dance's backwalk combo was great. Why making it worse when all that was needed to encourage people to use the blade part of gunblade is increased bleed proc chance or mechanic that gives you additional damage when shooting the enemy after it was hit by blade part?

Maiming Strike was overpowered, but it was fun and useful. I suggest Increasing crit chance to 150 but forcing 3 second cooldown. Or something like that.

Thats all I had to say for now.

Edited by Tyrone.Jamal_XII

the range rework is remarkable since its a fixed amount now my fists with p reach have more range than a polearm without it

the attacks have become sluggish and slower in general 

they back tracked on part of the first melee rework since you now have to pull your zenistar out to launch the disk instead of just being able to power attack straight from the gun

My only problem is the floating enemy thing. I imagined the enemies would stay in one place when you throw them up in the air but they float all around the place. Which is exactly the biggest problem with Titania's 3rd ability. I can't understand why they put this flawed mechanic into the melee system.