Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ultimate Survival Mode! (Or Massacre Mode, Or Gauntlet)

Arlayn

Sure we have a survival mode where we alert enemies and distract them, but what if enemies were smart enough to trap us in a small open room with no cover? True survival mode walk in a room and then you and your team are trapt in a small room with no cover, no place to climb, no place to hide... and then swarms of enemies just pour forcing you into a full blown all out fight for your life... instead of collecting air your just flat out fighting to the death as enemies pour in from all directions in greater numbers then at any point in time of the game that we know of now, and they only get harder based on the number of enemies killed, not time... But time is whats needed to win. You need to survive a certain amount of time for the Lotus to hack the room and get you out so you can get to extraction. How would this mission work out? Simple... The mission is already labeled Survival and at random you get normal survival or this... You walk in with your team expecting to reach the control panel to sound the alarm but instead you and your team (everyone must go in and you can't continue past this room) enter this small open space room (like maybe 1/4 size of the average Defense map) The doors all lock on you, and enemies begin pouring in rapidly as Lotus tells you its a trap, and the enemy has been waiting for you. She will then announce she is hacking the systems to unlock the doors and free you. You must then survive a set amount of time, also when you finish and the doors do finally open up, and just like in defense your given the option to extract or continue distracting the enemy since you have their attention, but if you choose not to leave the doors lock back up again and you must do it all again for a set period of time before the Lotus opens the doors again. This would also be a good opportunity for DE to add yelling for the Lotus. As she should yell at you for wasting her hard work of trying to free you just so you can be prideful and fight the enemies some more...

Edited by Arlayn

Call it the gauntlet, your teammates sound the alarm like normal. then try to proceed into the next room and suddenly everything locks down. its an ambush. you have to hack a series of panels to open the door to the next area and proceed along the leve while fighting higher that normal leveled enemies along with more heavy units than normal

with no cover or hiding, unless your going in with shade, loki or ash... good luck outside of anything lvl 60+.... IMO (this sounds alittle wah) but i feel the enemy is alittle TOO accurate, and the 4 of you would be downed in seconds at high lvls... even with a 900 sheilded rhino with iron skin on...

but i will say if you have all defensive/cc frames it might be fun, or just an abuse of energy... make sure confuse is up all the time or snow globe is consantly up... i dont see the justification of having there be any skill involed out side of mashing your skill buttons and holding down fire (which isnt really diffrent from survival or defense)

as i was writing this the gauntlet mode came up, i def give that a shot...

When I first heard of survival, I thought it was going to be a lot like Serious Sam with a large open area and just tons of enemies flying at you while you attempt to run and fight. Though, with the stamina system, that might not be a very easy thing to do and make it work.

Call it the gauntlet, your teammates sound the alarm like normal. then try to proceed into the next room and suddenly everything locks down. its an ambush. you have to hack a series of panels to open the door to the next area and proceed along the level while fighting higher that normal leveled enemies along with more heavy units than normal

That sounds pretty interesting. I'd like to see this in action.

Edited by Haldos

I think it should have a random chance on all missions, and have it be on a similar basis to Stalker (in revenge for boss kills), or have it be possible after completing so many missions in a system. It would basically override the main/secondary objective, but they player wouldn't know it was coming. Maybe have it be like the environmental hazards, and the only clue would be greatly decreased enemy spawns until getting trapped.

This wouldn't replace Survival mode, but it would make the game more dynamic. It would give the impression that the enemies are starting to track your presence.

Edited by Khaos_Zand3r

I think it should have a random chance on all missions, and have it be on a similar basis to Stalker (in revenge for boss kills), or have it be possible after completing so many missions in a system. It would basically override the main/secondary objective, but they player wouldn't know it was coming. Maybe have it be like the environmental hazards, and the only clue would be greatly decreased enemy spawns until getting trapped.

This wouldn't replace Survival mode, but it would make the game more dynamic. It would give the impression that the enemies are starting to track your presence.

I would love this for an ambush...

I also never said it would replace survival just something that sits on the side, and that survival mode would switch out between the two at random.

AHA THERES AN IDEA! Take my idea, the gauntlet mode, and your idea and combine them. Instead of a stand alone game mode. the more you farm a particular map the higher the chance you get a gauntlet mode. you keep coming back so they expect you and set up the ambush. It would reset the chance to 0% for everyone in the party and the chance would slowly build up as you do runs on that map, but be increased by certain special actions (killing a boss or surviving x minutes in survival or to x wave on defence

AHA THERES AN IDEA! Take my idea, the gauntlet mode, and your idea and combine them. Instead of a stand alone game mode. the more you farm a particular map the higher the chance you get a gauntlet mode. you keep coming back so they expect you and set up the ambush. It would reset the chance to 0% for everyone in the party and the chance would slowly build up as you do runs on that map, but be increased by certain special actions (killing a boss or surviving x minutes in survival or to x wave on defence

I like this too... Would make enemies appear more aware of your presence...