The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Dynamic resolution problem after U26

bl1te

The title changed from "Possible memory leak after U26" to current.

I've noticed that in some missions after 6-8 minutes my screen starts just a little bit lagging in tough graphic situations.

Just now, had it every time I entered defense mission (Hydron). Possibly, when Eximus units start to spawn. Other than that, nothing new that could influence on graphic performance didn't appear in the mission.

Happens in other missions as well. So I wouldn't rely on Eximuses only, I mean I'm not sure if they are the cause, since it happens in other mission types after ~7 minutes, too.

I guess, if I would just started the mission, stayed on the spawn spot for 8 minutes and then start moving towards the level, then I'd see those freezes too.

Update: Yep, definitely not Eximuses, because I had no problem in Eximus stronghold modified Sortie.

Update2: I've tried to set "Dynamic Resolution" to "User: 50" and my performance became close to what it was before the Old Blood update.

When I set it back to "Auto", all the graphics became as if it was "User: 80-100" and freezes have returned.

I think it has something to do with this.

Update3: So, I think this exact setting doesn't work as stable as it did before. When set to "Auto", it just can't actually change the resolution dynamically in time. In addition, sometimes it changes it to redundant high values for no reason, which it didn't previously. I see it because during these lags I see really nice textures and other graphical objects.

Edited by bl1te
Update3

This seems to be related to the old blood specifically. after 10~20 lich missions, my game immediately slows down, and when the lich finally spawns, it usually causes a freeze. @Devs, this is one major bug. We can play without optimization. I know it takes awhile to optimize due to needing to see where the slowdowns are, but if there's a memory leak it will cause players to keep restarting the game. it seems to be a cache error, since it fixes itself when i restart the game. 

40 минут назад, USMC_Dragon сказал:

This seems to be related to the old blood specifically. after 10~20 lich missions, my game immediately slows down, and when the lich finally spawns, it usually causes a freeze. @Devs, this is one major bug. We can play without optimization. I know it takes awhile to optimize due to needing to see where the slowdowns are, but if there's a memory leak it will cause players to keep restarting the game. it seems to be a cache error, since it fixes itself when i restart the game. 

Seems like our cases are different from each other. However, the source of problems might be the same.

It happens to me ~1 of 4 missions, after that there are no freezes. So, my "fix" can be extracting to Orbiter.

While you see your lags after 10-20 minutes of playing and fix it by restarting the game.

Yeah... This happened (is still happening) to me from launching the game through Steam, and it only started after the Old Blood update was installed (prior to the latest update, the game was running extremely smoothly). Currently, the game is unplayable because the lag is so severe. I checked to see if my graphics setting had changed, or some other issue appeared (viruses or something like that), but I can't seem t find anything wrong with Warframe's settings or my computer. My PC runs just fine when I am not playing Warframe (even with Steam running, but not playing Warframe), but once I launch the game, everything lags, with the game itself being the most severe.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. I have 32GB RAM, an NiVidia GeForce GT 610, 8GB video memory, running Direct X 11. Not sure what else you may need to know. Warframe is white-listed on my anti-virus software and firewall. I have a new-ish internet provider, but all this happened well after I switched internet service, so I doubt that is related.

Please post when there is a fix or suggestions for how to sort this out... Thank you in advance!

Alrighty, I've tried to set "Dynamic Resolution" to "User: 50" and my performance became close to what it was before the Old Blood update.

When I set it back to "Auto", all the graphics became as if it was "User: 80-100" and freezes have returned.

5 hours ago, bl1te said:

Alrighty, I've tried to set "Dynamic Resolution" to "User: 50" and my performance became close to what it was before the Old Blood update.

When I set it back to "Auto", all the graphics became as if it was "User: 80-100" and freezes have returned.

bl1te! You're a genius! That mostly fixed it for me. Definitely close to being back to the smoothness that existed prior to the update. I can at least play again and wait for whatever better solution arises, with ease to boot. Thank you so much! Cheers!

P.S. (edited after a wee bit of playing with the new settings): this has also affected the rest of my computer, returning it to almost-completely smooth running on all fronts. I'm not sure how the graphics for Warframe effects other functions and programs, but it does and this has 90% fixed those sluggishness issues.

Edited by Kingseesar

So, I think this exact setting doesn't work as stable as it did before. When set to "Auto", it just can't actually change the resolution dynamically in time. In addition, sometimes it changes it to redundant high values for no reason, which it didn't previously. I see it because during these lags I see really nice textures and other graphical objects.

1 час назад, Kingseesar сказал:

this has also affected the rest of my computer, returning it to almost-completely smooth running on all fronts. I'm not sure how the graphics for Warframe effects other functions and programs, but it does and this has 90% fixed those sluggishness issues

That's weird... and funny.

Anyways, good to hear, glad someone has one less problem 🙂

On 2019-11-03 at 3:15 AM, USMC_Dragon said:

I always assumed the game had problems clearing out the cache because in my personal experience, playing too much in larger maps like Orb Vallis and Plains of Eidolon or repeatedly on the same map always causes my game to chug to a crawl upon leaving or staying too long. I have a habit of closing my game and reopening it every time I finish playing in the open world maps because of it. 

I have also otherwise been experiencing lag during missions right after this update, and especially as missions hit the 5+ minute mark. My graphic settings haven't changed from what they were set to before the update, and I don't think I have dynamic resolution but I could always check again.